News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Last Movie You Watched.

Started by converse29, August 12, 2006, 10:13:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hoodie22

I watched I am Legend this weekend.....I wasn't really into it, i guess its not really my genre
I found it just kind of dumb.

I also saw the new harold and kumar movie....ridiculous, but hilarious.

Caravan2001

Savages: Philip Semour Hoffman and Laura Linney- depressing movie about putting your parents in a nursing home, but kinda poignant.
Charlie Wilson's War: Tom Hanks, Philip Seymour Hoffman (again)- great movie.  entertaining and interesting
We OWn The Night:  Joaquin Phoenix and Mark Wahlberg- decent, not great, gritty crime drama....worth a rental
There Will Be Blood:  I want to like it, but did I miss something? DD Lewis is awesome, andn it is shot well (not amazing though), and I want to say, yeah, it was incredible, but I think I'm missing something.  Still, a must see.
Rolling Stones- Shine a Light- reviewed this in it's own thread, which nobody read  :-)

WillBreathes

Watched Alien3 for the first time.

Different... but good.
tipsyfuddledboozygroggyelevatedprimedidedither

Igbo

Dog Day Afternoon- true story about a bank robbery with Pacino and the dude who played Fredo in Godfather. I though it was funny as hell.  Anyone seen it?  Is it a comedy?

sls.stormyrider

"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

alcoholandcoffeebeans

Quote from: Igbo on April 29, 2008, 11:10:09 AM
Dog Day Afternoon- true story about a bank robbery with Pacino and the dude who played Fredo in Godfather. I though it was funny as hell.  Anyone seen it?  Is it a comedy?

this was the first time you saw it? i love that movie :)

The Devil and Daniel Johnston
i own it. seen it many times. made the roomie watch it with me last night. totally dug it.

Across the Universe
i really liked it.
and in the special features when it shows the older woman singing "let it be" i lost it.
i think the the director did a good job conveying somewhat different messages with the songs.
some of them really felt like they came out of the character that was singing atm.
honest to the point of recklessness...                     ♫ ♪ ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılı ♪ ♫

WillBreathes

Dog Day Afternoon is phenomenal.
tipsyfuddledboozygroggyelevatedprimedidedither

edemille

Charlie Wilson's War - really enjoyed it...

Michael Clayton - a little slow and drawn out, but enjoyable...there seemed to be this mysticsm sub-plot that was touched upon a few times but really could have been taken out entirely with no impact to the story line.  Still trying to figure out if there's more depth to that red book than what was obvious...

JimmyWilson

The Savages.  Philip Seymour Hoffman & Laura Linney.

At first I wasn't so sure I was going to enjoy this, but it turned out to be a very good movie.

Hicks

Quote from: edemille on April 29, 2008, 12:26:19 PM

Michael Clayton - a little slow and drawn out, but enjoyable...there seemed to be this mysticsm sub-plot that was touched upon a few times but really could have been taken out entirely with no impact to the story line.  Still trying to figure out if there's more depth to that red book than what was obvious...

Well the drawing of the horses in the book did come into play pretty significantly but I don't want to post any spoilers. . .
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

edemille

Quote from: Hicks on April 29, 2008, 01:51:35 PM

Well the drawing of the horses in the book did come into play pretty significantly but I don't want to post any spoilers. . .

sure, sure...but I mean, you could have taken that part out entirely and it would have had no real impact...he could have stopped to take a piss or something...it just seemed like they alluded to some sort of higher plain / something bigger than us thing going on with that book and how it was described between the boy and the old man...but it never really went anywhere...other than the obvious...it seemed like a deep concept to just give a reason to get out of the car...I don't know...

Hicks

Quote from: edemille on April 29, 2008, 03:57:46 PM

sure, sure...but I mean, you could have taken that part out entirely and it would have had no real impact...he could have stopped to take a piss or something...it just seemed like they alluded to some sort of higher plain / something bigger than us thing going on with that book and how it was described between the boy and the old man...but it never really went anywhere...other than the obvious...it seemed like a deep concept to just give a reason to get out of the car...I don't know...

Yeah I think it was just an overall metaphor for how certain things in Clayton's life, such as family and creativity or maybe even just doing things for enjoyment, had fallen by the wayside in his life.  Since he didn't read the book he missed out on yet another opportunity to bond with his son, which is highlighted by the fact that Arthur and the kid do connect when discussing the book.  Ironically the image from the book gets him out of the car, which we could see as a symbol for ambition or even being on "cruise control" and not fully being engaged with his surroundings, and literally saves his life.
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

kellerb

Quote from: Igbo on April 29, 2008, 11:10:09 AM

Attica!  Attica!

sls.stormyrider

What country do you wanna go to?

Wyoming
"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

rowjimmy

Quote from: Hicks on April 29, 2008, 05:23:19 PM
Quote from: edemille on April 29, 2008, 03:57:46 PM

Yeah I think it was just an overall metaphor for how certain things in Clayton's life, such as family and creativity or maybe even just doing things for enjoyment, had fallen by the wayside in his life.  Since he didn't read the book he missed out on yet another opportunity to bond with his son, which is highlighted by the fact that Arthur and the kid do connect when discussing the book.  Ironically the image from the book gets him out of the car, which we could see as a symbol for ambition or even being on "cruise control" and not fully being engaged with his surroundings, and literally saves his life.

I just watched this yesterday.. and I agree with ikki.