News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Last Movie You Watched.

Started by converse29, August 12, 2006, 10:13:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mattstick

Watched Semi-Pro tonight.  Pretty funny movie, I loved the scene with 2001.  :mrgreen: :phish:

sls.stormyrider

You Don't Mess with the Zohan

funny movie

from now on, I'll always be suspicious when I see women leaving the beauty salon with a smile
"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

shoreline99

Pirates of teh Caribbean III. Not a bad movie at all! I was surprised, the second movie wasn't nearly as good.

Blades of Glory - saw it again last night. Still funny as sh*t.
Quote from: rowjimmy on August 25, 2015, 11:19:15 AM
You're entitled to your opinion but I'm going to laugh at it.

alcoholandcoffeebeans

Quote from: slslbs on June 15, 2008, 08:39:54 PM

funny movie

from now on, I'll always be suspicious when I see women leaving the beauty salon with a smile

heh, i saw this too.
good for laughs :)

watched a few early morning documentaries at teh 'roo as well...
be back to let you know the names...
one was bela felck's documentary of going to Africa and making an album with locals there.
honest to the point of recklessness...                     ♫ ♪ ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılı ♪ ♫

hoodie22

funny movie

I saw this as well, definitely good for some giggles.

I also saw 'The Happening' this weekend....I would say I was disappointed if I had had high expectations, but I didn't.
I personally think M. Night Shyamalan is hugely overrated, anyone else?

rowjimmy

Quote from: hoodie22 on June 17, 2008, 03:39:55 PM

I also saw 'The Happening' this weekend....I would say I was disappointed if I had had high expectations, but I didn't.

So much so that you won't see another comment by me on the topic of his sucktacularity.

Hicks

funny movie

Does anyone like his movies beside the first two?  I think the general consensus is that he sucks, so no I don't think he's overrated.   :wink:
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

ytowndan

Semi-Pro.  Funny as hell.  I had the theme song stuck in my head all day today!   :lol:
Quote from: nab on July 27, 2007, 12:20:24 AM
You never drink alone when you have something good to listen to.

Caravan2001

Quote from: Hicks on June 17, 2008, 05:13:53 PM

funny movie

Does anyone like his movies beside the first two?  I think the general consensus is that he sucks, so no I don't think he's overrated.   :wink:

What I don't get is that all of his movies flop, but the studios just keep giving him major dough to make another one.....maybe they make money, but I hear they are painful to watch.  I hear he is a great director to work for though.  My buddy worked on The Happening, and while shooting, they had a drawing every Friday for some sweet prizes.  My buddy won a 2 week trip to France, with airfare....that's dope.

Last night I watched The Grand with Woody Harrelson and David Cross.  I thought it was pretty funny.  Worth a rental for sure...

VA $l!m

i am legend.

sorta like tomhanks with WIlson in 'castaway'(was that the name of it?)

but this time its will smith with a dog named sam.
-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

mattstick

Quote from: ytowndan on June 17, 2008, 05:40:02 PM
Semi-Pro.  Funny as hell.  I had the theme song stuck in my head all day today!   :lol:

Let's Get Tropical!

I watched The Simpsons movie last night on BluRay.

I hated I Am Legend, and I actually like M. Night Shyamalan's movies - they're more rentals than "must-see" movies, I thought The Village was great.

mattstick

Quote from: alcoholandcoffeebeans on June 17, 2008, 10:39:43 AM

watched a few early morning documentaries at teh 'roo as well...
be back to let you know the names...
one was bela felck's documentary of going to Africa and making an album with locals there.

One of those Docs was "Playing For Change: Peace Through Music"

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1202573/

which looks like a follow-up to this film from 2003.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0383576/

I've got the 2003 film coming via Netflix, hopefully the other film and the Bela/Africa doc will be released soon.

Gotta love the Bonnaroo cinema tent.

cactusfan

funny movie

he is hilariously awful. what was the movie with the aquatic chick in the swimming pool? where he cast himself as a writer who is told he will write something so grand it will bring about world peace? riiiiight....

i watched The Asphalt Jungle last night, old john huston movie with the always awesome sterling hayden (see Dr. Strangelove for his greatest performance). pretty good for a '50s heist flick. kind of a drag how back in those days criminals always have to get caught or killed, though. shot beautifully.

ytowndan

Quote from: mattstick on June 23, 2008, 12:05:53 PM
Quote from: ytowndan on June 17, 2008, 05:40:02 PM

Let's Get Tropical!

"...oh, and umm...if you guys see a possum in here...kill it.  It's not a pet.  Ok?"
Quote from: nab on July 27, 2007, 12:20:24 AM
You never drink alone when you have something good to listen to.

antelope19

The Girl Next Door

Terrible movie.  But any movie that has Elisha Cuthbert 1/2 naked gets the automatic 3 out of 5 stars from me. 

Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment