News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Last Movie You Watched.

Started by converse29, August 12, 2006, 10:13:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ytowndan

Quote from: mattstick on August 17, 2008, 01:17:45 AM
Quote from: thechad on August 14, 2008, 01:53:43 AM
Quote from: mattstick on August 13, 2008, 07:31:25 PM

Jack "Deuce" Cooper has been recruited to play minor league baseball for the Santa Rosa Rockets. However, he'll need the help of his new roommate, Ed, a chimpanzee and team mascot, when Jack discovers he get stagefright while on the mound. Ed shows Jack how to relax by opening his eyes and heart to the game he loves.

I'm sorry.

It was on TV and I wasn't sleepy.  Pretty hilarious if you consider that people actually worked hard on it and people actually wrote the script.  At one point the Chimp throws a 100mph fastball.  Awesome.

Perhaps the chimp had a creative hand in the production process.   :-D
Quote from: nab on July 27, 2007, 12:20:24 AM
You never drink alone when you have something good to listen to.

thechad

Quote from: mattstick on August 17, 2008, 01:17:45 AM
Quote from: thechad on August 14, 2008, 01:53:43 AM
Quote from: mattstick on August 13, 2008, 07:31:25 PM

Jack "Deuce" Cooper has been recruited to play minor league baseball for the Santa Rosa Rockets. However, he'll need the help of his new roommate, Ed, a chimpanzee and team mascot, when Jack discovers he get stagefright while on the mound. Ed shows Jack how to relax by opening his eyes and heart to the game he loves.

I'm sorry.

It was on TV and I wasn't sleepy.  Pretty hilarious if you consider that people actually worked hard on it and people actually wrote the script.  At one point the Chimp throws a 100mph fastball.  Awesome.

Fair enough, but the thought of that many people putting in that many hours you would think that they could have come up with something that was a little better.

Quote from: ytowndan on August 17, 2008, 02:58:06 AM

Perhaps the chimp had a creative hand in the production process.   :-D

No, it would have been funnier with much more throwing of poo.
"There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese."          -Bobby Finstock

rowjimmy

Quote from: thechad on August 17, 2008, 12:53:12 AM
Just got back from Clone Wars, and IMHO it was totally not worth the money I spent to see it in a theater.  The action was pretty badass, but the story was kinda weak and dialog was some of the worst garbage I've ever heard.  A character in the movie refers of Anakin as Sky Guy.   :frustrated:  It's Star Wars so it was something that I had to see and I'm sure that others here are going to feel the same way, just wait until it's released on DVD or when the series starts on whatever network that it's going to be on.

I think I enjoyed it more than you did...
The 'skyguy' bit was obnoxious but limited.
The dialogue was better than the prequel films with a couple exceptions. The silly droid banter was a bit much but still fun.

mattstick

This was on TV today, Jenny Lewis has come a long way...

Caravan2001

Quote from: mattstick on August 17, 2008, 09:46:21 PM

This was on TV today, Jenny Lewis has come a long way...

Fred Savage is a phishhead.....I've seen him at two shows.....

whyweigh5.0

I saw Hellboy II Saturday night completely rocked on doses  :-o   Going to have to watch that movie again because I have no idea what went on in that thing
The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over. - Hunter S. Thompson
http://liquidgoggles.blogspot.com/

bluecaravan521

Saw Tropic Thunder last night.  Soooo good.  Stiller at his finest.
:-D
Information is not knowledge. Knowledge is not wisdom. Wisdom is not truth. Truth is not beauty. Beauty is not love. Love is not music. Music is the best...

Poster Nutbag

Anyone watch the movie on Dylan... I'm Not THere...?? Great flick, such a good way to portray Dylan... Dylan was a bit of a riddle to say the least...
Control for smilers can't be bought...

"Your answer is silly. What'd do you want the song to do? End world hunger?
It's a fucking Phish song, some of them are very complex compositions, some are not.

This one with its complex vocal arrangement falls right in between.
But that and a hook aren't enough so I'll let Trey know his songs have to start giving out handys." RJ

mattstick

Yep, brilliant film.  Watched a ripped version of it then went to the store the next day and bought the Blu-Ray.

StCarl

I have been aware of this since it came out - got around to watching it last night

what the hell damn it  :x

Recommended.  Warning: May angry up the blood.
Quote from: McGrupp on January 25, 2011, 02:39:37 PM
your overall taste in phish shows perplexes me.

mattstick

I got that from zip.ca a while ago but haven't been in the mood to watch really.

So instead I just watched "The Happening"

OK, so I'll pretty watch anything with Zooey Deschanel these days, and I really didn't expect this M. Night movie to be any good... and it wasn't.

Here's my thing with M. Night, if any of his movies were a Director's first film you would think... wow, great film - I can't wait to see what he does next...  And then he makes the same movie over and over again, and again.  and again.

As an aside, I actually haven't seen Lady In The Water, but I did like the twist in The Village.

GBL

Quote from: mattstick on August 30, 2008, 07:34:40 PM

I got that from zip.ca a while ago but haven't been in the mood to watch really.

So instead I just watched "The Happening"

OK, so I'll pretty watch anything with Zooey Deschanel these days, and I really didn't expect this M. Night movie to be any good... and it wasn't.

Here's my thing with M. Night, if any of his movies were a Director's first film you would think... wow, great film - I can't wait to see what he does next...  And then he makes the same movie over and over again, and again.  and again.

As an aside, I actually haven't seen Lady In The Water, but I did like the twist in The Village.

didn't think this one was all 'that' bad myself, although that's really not saying a whole lot.. this story seemed unique but i really didn't like marky mark
If this is love, I'm never going home..

mattstick

Yup, not that bad... the scene with the old lady and the doll made me jump... which I guess is the point of movies like this.

GBL

Ive watched alot of movies recently but the best one (which was awhile ago) was The Mist.  This has turned into one of my newest fav movies.  I'm a HUGE SK fan and this film really got me going (i actually ordered the book on CD :P) if any of you haven't seen it.. you'd better cuz IMO its the scariest movie that's been released in ages

If this is love, I'm never going home..

rowjimmy

M. Night Shamalamadingdong's filmmaking has been on a meteoric descent since his first film.

If he had stopped after 6th Sense he would have gone down as a legendary genius.
Now he's just flogging the mule hoping to plow another row.