News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Last Movie You Watched.

Started by converse29, August 12, 2006, 10:13:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rowjimmy

only one hour left!

:wink:

Hicks

Quote from: Bobafett on May 05, 2007, 02:46:06 PM
What?! Bram Stokers was great!
I rarely watch movies, but the other day i was bored and stoned and rented Touristas...ummm hey let's make a movie like the Beach, but set it somewhere else with more hot girls in it and make it somewhat scarry!  2 out of 5 stars

The fact that you gave The Beach two stars and not zero completely demolishes your credibility.   :samurai:
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

mattstick

No way - The Beach was pretty good!

"Never refuse an invitation, never resist the unfamiliar, never cease to be polite, and never outstay your welcome"

Hicks

One man's "pretty good" is another's piece of poo, and this is coming from a guy that actually thinks Leonardo is a decent actor.  :wink:
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

rowjimmy

Actually, I've found that DiCaprio has grown as an actor significantly since he began working with Scorcese.

Hicks

Quote from: rowjimmy on May 05, 2007, 07:07:53 PM
Actually, I've found that DiCaprio has grown as an actor significantly since he began working with Scorcese.

Even before that he turned in solid performances in movies like What's Eating Gilbert Grape and Basketball Diaries.

rowjimmy

Agreed.
But one or two performances scattered with several forgettable gigs is not as impressive as his current string.

I think he's making his mark now as an actor of note.

rowjimmy

Oh. And if you told me ten years ago that I'd say such a thing today; I'd have called you nutso.

Hicks

Quote from: rowjimmy on May 05, 2007, 08:56:38 PM
Oh. And if you told me ten years ago that I'd say such a thing today; I'd have called you nutso.

:lol:  ::puts Titanic in queue::

nab

Meet The Fockers

on network tv

Nothing but filler.

Got to get cable sometime.

mattstick

The book which The Beach is based on is brilliant, so even if the movie isn't great it's still based on a cool concept.

DiCaprio is fun to watch in Catch Me If You Can, but it's not a great acting performance (unlike Tom Hanks, who is brilliant in his role).

Hicks I think you should re-watch The Beach, it may be much better than you remember.

rowjimmy

Children of Man

wow. Terrific film.
The allusions to Pink Floyd's "Animals" were pretty exciting to see. We watched half the film on Friday Night and finished it Saturday after I played the album...

Hicks

Quote from: mattstick on May 06, 2007, 04:00:53 AM
The book which The Beach is based on is brilliant, so even if the movie isn't great it's still based on a cool concept.

DiCaprio is fun to watch in Catch Me If You Can, but it's not a great acting performance (unlike Tom Hanks, who is brilliant in his role).

Hicks I think you should re-watch The Beach, it may be much better than you remember.

I dunno mang, I seriously hated it, especially toward the end when DiCaprio was all manical in the jungle, pretty laughable and excruciating.

I have heard that the book is much better though . . . kind of shame, esp. because Tilda Swinton is a great actress too. 

Hicks

Quote from: rowjimmy on May 06, 2007, 10:48:26 AM
Children of Man

wow. Terrific film.
The allusions to Pink Floyd's "Animals" were pretty exciting to see. We watched half the film on Friday Night and finished it Saturday after I played the album...

Word, I need to see it again.

rowjimmy

I don't see how you'd miss the Animals references.