News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Last Movie You Watched.

Started by converse29, August 12, 2006, 10:13:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fauxpaxfauxreal

Blades of Glory  :banana:

antelope19

Quote from: fauxpaxfauxreal on May 08, 2007, 10:39:30 AM
Blades of Glory  :banana:

How was it?  I have been dieing to see it.....
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

fauxpaxfauxreal

Quote from: antelope19 on May 08, 2007, 10:48:46 AM
How was it?  I have been dieing to see it.....

AMAZE-ING.

Especially great is the Will Ferrell-->Napolean Dynamite-->That Chick love triangle subplot.

mattstick

Walking with skates on a marble floor = funny

fauxpaxfauxreal

Quote from: mattstick on May 08, 2007, 10:58:39 AM
Walking with skates on a marble floor = funny

That always reminds me of walking through grass on roller skates.

Hicks

Quote from: rowjimmy on May 08, 2007, 10:23:04 AM
From wikipedia:
"Science fiction is a broad genre of fiction that often involves speculations based on current science or technology. It is commonly abbreviated as SF or sci-fi. Science fiction is found in books, art, television, movies, games, theater, and other media."

So a movie that's based on the premise that human's are infertile because of a toxified environment seems to fit that definition of sci-fi to me. 

And yes Star Wars is sci-fi, don't be stupid.
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

rowjimmy

I wasn't really interested in debating it.
I thought it was a movie about
Spoiler Below highlight it to read on
a man who had been unable to come to grips with the death of his child and his grief at being unable protect him from that death until he delivers a new life into the world and shepherds it to safety.

The setting in the future was merely a device and almost immaterial.

On my shelf it'd go under Drama rather than beside Star Wars & Star Trek

Bobafett

Are you talking about Pursuit of Happiness?! :roll:
I just watched the IT DVD...never seen it except the PBS part, never heard any of the show...must say, nice Bowie, Nice Chalkdust, nicely done videography.
The events in our lives happen in a sequence in time, but in their significance to ourselves they find their own order; the continuous thread of revelation.

cactusfan

Quote from: Hicks on May 08, 2007, 12:25:05 PM

And yes Star Wars is sci-fi, don't be stupid.

star wars has nothing to do with science fiction, by my definition or wikipedia's. it's fantasy. now, according to the emperor's latest decree on these matters, this belief doesn't technically make me 'stupid', but thank you for suggesting otherwise.

Quote from: rowjimmy on May 08, 2007, 02:45:44 PM

The setting in the future was merely a device and almost immaterial.

you could reduce many movies in the same way. bladerunner is about a fugitive who wishes he didn't have to die, and a man sent to hunt him down. setting it in the future and having the fugitive (and the hunter) be robots is merely a device to get at the notions of our very human expiration dates and the uselessness of asking our 'creator' for more life. for example.

okay, i know, this isn't worth debating. one should shelve one's dvds any way one wants.
the point is, children of men rocks!

sophist

Aren't you guys late for an A/V meeting  :wink: 
Can we talk about the Dead?  I'd love to talk about the fucking Grateful Dead, for once, can we please discuss the Grateful FUCKING Dead!?!?!?!

Hicks

Quote from: cactusfan on May 08, 2007, 03:22:28 PM
star wars has nothing to do with science fiction, by my definition or wikipedia's. it's fantasy. now, according to the emperor's latest decree on these matters, this belief doesn't technically make me 'stupid', but thank you for suggesting otherwise.

You are welcome.
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

rowjimmy

Quote from: cactusfan on May 08, 2007, 03:22:28 PM

the point is, children of men rocks!

Yup.

Started watching Remains of The Day last night...
Excellent so far.

Hicks

We Jam Econo: The Story of the Minutemen

Not much of a punk rock guy, but I'll watch any halfway decent music doc.  This one was great, I learned a lot.

sophist

Can we talk about the Dead?  I'd love to talk about the fucking Grateful Dead, for once, can we please discuss the Grateful FUCKING Dead!?!?!?!

metalzone58