News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

12/28 - DCU Center - Woosta, MA - Post-Show Discussion and Review

Started by blatboom, December 28, 2010, 11:37:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sophist

Wolfman's- Huge rock peak.  Great playing by Trey.  It's a great 3.0 version

Pigtail-  WOW.  Just wow.  I don't get Trey anymore. 
Can we talk about the Dead?  I'd love to talk about the fucking Grateful Dead, for once, can we please discuss the Grateful FUCKING Dead!?!?!?!

mehead

Quote from: sophist on December 29, 2010, 10:13:25 AM
Alright, this Hood starts out really good but then it just meanders until they stumble into the ending.  It's an example of the same problems they always have which is that they're not listening to each other.  Mike is trying to take this Hood places and Trey never reacts to any of Mike's ideas, he just repeats the same muted arpeggio over and over.  Page's playing is wonderful in the beginning of the jam, but eventually he gives way to being Keith a la Dead '79, just mirroring what the rest of the band is doing.  It really crushes what was spur of the moment creativity they had, and then when they return to the normal Hood jam, they all sound lost as to how they should peak it.  The "peak" is a joke here.  It sounds really flat. 

Onto stash....

:tte:
His eyes were clean and pure but his mind was so deranged

susep

Quote from: mehead on December 29, 2010, 10:41:07 AM
Alright, this Hood starts out really good but then it just meanders until they stumble into the ending.  It's an example of the same problems they always have which is that they're not listening to each other.  Mike is trying to take this Hood places and Trey never reacts to any of Mike's ideas, he just repeats the same muted arpeggio over and over.  Page's playing is wonderful in the beginning of the jam, but eventually he gives way to being Keith a la Dead '79, just mirroring what the rest of the band is doing.  It really crushes what was spur of the moment creativity they had, and then when they return to the normal Hood jam, they all sound lost as to how they should peak it.  The "peak" is a joke here.  It sounds really flat. 

Onto stash....

I like the Stash in that at least Trey is trying to play something outside the "box", decent version. 

sophist

Quote from: susep73 on December 29, 2010, 10:48:36 AM

Onto stash....

I like the Stash in that at least Trey is trying to play something outside the "box", decent version.
I agree.  He makes a great effort, though they come up short with the release, it could of used a bit more umph to it. 
Can we talk about the Dead?  I'd love to talk about the fucking Grateful Dead, for once, can we please discuss the Grateful FUCKING Dead!?!?!?!

mbw

sophist

mistercharlie

^ I don't see how anyone could be happy having purchased that poster.

On the other hand, maybe he's smiling because he just dug that out of the trash.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

thatfargone

Quote from: sophist on December 29, 2010, 10:31:30 AM
  I don't get Trey anymore.

Stop doing drugs???  :wink:

Anyhow...this show was much better.  Forget about the 27th ever happening and this new years run started pretty good last night.  First set was just fun.  Met up with everyone briefly during set break then was kinda bored by set two until BOTT>Limb which was a sick segue.  Hood was awesome but did fizzle....I also feel Trey is overly criticized a lot these days...is it him not listening or giving the rest of the band a chance to stretch.  Sorry I felt mike added nothing to Hood and tried to take them away from the groove Fish and Trey established.

Oh well....we all know that MSG is what really matters anyhow. :wink:
Quote from: McGrupp on November 17, 2010, 02:27:48 PM

Don't FUCK with the dead. Bobby will kick your ass. You remember this, thatfargone. Dead is SER BIZ.

redrum

good times last night or what?
my answer is yes.

checking out the hotey now.
cyall at yeMSG.  :-D
Quote from: sunrisevt on April 13, 2010, 03:18:25 PM
It's a great day on the interweb, people.

Quote from: McGrupp on July 06, 2010, 02:17:12 PM
You guys know the rule... If you weren't there, it wasn't anything special...

---

Anyone who ever played a part, they wouldn't turn around and hate it.

mehead

Quote from: sophist on December 29, 2010, 10:55:56 AM
Quote from: susep73 on December 29, 2010, 10:48:36 AM

Onto stash....

I agree.  He makes a great effort, though they come up short with the release, it could of used a bit more umph to it.

I do appreciate the effort put forth by big red but because it needed a lot of umph and just seemed to go nowhere I just found it mehtastic
His eyes were clean and pure but his mind was so deranged

justjezmund

Quote from: Augustus on September 29, 2013, 09:26:46 AM
It's like BJ Galore over here!

Quote from: rowjimmy on May 13, 2013, 09:36:00 AM
I use records for that and don't have to justify it to my friends.

sls.stormyrider

I liked this show
Stash was cool. Like someone mentioned, the release could have been stronger, but that's true for almost any stash since 95.
Segue into LxL was strong.
I liked Hood
"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

Caravan2001

I really liked this show.  Listened all the way through on the way up to the mountain.  Alaska is funny as hell, and actually well played.  I love Pigtail, I think it is a great pop song.  A little formulaic, but I think it is classic Trey/Tom.  Birdwatcher is cool....No other real standouts for me, but I love the Hood.  I love the Yamar-esque jam...sure it falls off a little, but I think it's really good, and unique....Otherwise, a pretty standard but solid show.  I really liked it and thought everything was well played.....But man, Trey is losing his voice something fierce...Sounds like laryngitis.....Hope he gets some rest before MSG!

thatfargone

Yeah I was just relistening and it really sounds like he may be sick...not at all that bad night 1.
Quote from: McGrupp on November 17, 2010, 02:27:48 PM

Don't FUCK with the dead. Bobby will kick your ass. You remember this, thatfargone. Dead is SER BIZ.

Caravan2001