News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

10/21 - Santa Barbara Bowl - Santa Barbara, CA - Post-Show Discussion

Started by runawayjimbo, October 22, 2014, 12:44:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mehead

Quote from: Superfreakie on October 22, 2014, 04:24:31 PM
Quote from: mbw on October 22, 2014, 03:56:22 PM
What did trey say?  don't make me listen.

There were all sorts of call outs that didn't seem so humorous. One mangled BOAF jam that was so abrupt, they stopped, Trey says something about like "anybody else think that was weird", then uncomfortable silence, then Page strikes up a baseball banter to sort of gloss it over, asking the fans what team they were going for and the audience cheers for each team, this deep in the middle of the second set, then Trey pipes up again with "and who wanted that jam to end"? It was fucked. Then the whole Trey playing Julius and ending the Tweezer jam that the rest of the band were having nothing of, a "you guys fucked my BOAF, well, I'm going to fuck your Tweezer". Then they mangle the start to Suzy cause Trey is off in his own land, so in the beginning of the song, right after neurologist, Fishman yells something like, I wish you'd look at me when you'd count the song or something.....it's fucked. Also the same thing happened to start BOAF. Look, they are unpracticed, and it is obvious as fuck. And they're not pulling it off. Period. Seattle had the same problems, although to a lesser degree. To be honest, you should listen to it as I have never heard anything like it come from them.

Yeah, it was pretty fucked.  During one of those moments (can't remember which one) Mike looked at Trey and stared him down for a good 5 seconds. He looked pissed.  It may have been during the Tweezer ripcord.
His eyes were clean and pure but his mind was so deranged

GBL

If this is love, I'm never going home..

WhatstheUse?

Just listened to a few low-points of the show.

Heavy Things > Stealing Time = Ouch.  BOAF ending came out of nowhere.... why Trey thought they were gonna end it where he did makes no sense to me... The banter that followed was quite awkward. The Tweezer->Julius was just atrocious...

Maybe some good will come of this. Maybe Trey will finally realize that these ripcords aren't working. Maybe... right?
Bring in the dude!

Augustus

Superfreakie

Quote from: Augustus on October 22, 2014, 05:03:34 PM
Tonight has to be better.

It's been downhill since Seattle ye of faith.

In a sick twisted way, I hope this gets uglier.
Que te vaya bien, que te vaya bien, Te quiero más que las palabras pueden decir.

Augustus

Didn't the last tour start like that?
Wasn't Great Woods really good and then they played a bunch of mediocre gigs?
Listening to the BOAF now.
My wife said Trey sounds horrible.

gah

I blame it on the fact that they're playing the wrong coast.

I also blame Obama.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.

mistercharlie

Quote from: gah on October 22, 2014, 05:16:00 PM
I blame it on the fact that they're playing the wrong coast.

I also blame Obama.

:hereitisyousentimentalbastard
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

Augustus

The BOAF and Suzy stuff sounds like all in good fun but you can hear the realness in it, too.
Trey ended that BOAF!

Augustus

Either way, when The Boys destroy Vegas with a 20+ minute Bounce, everyone will just forget about this.

mattstick

mopper_smurf

Quote from: Augustus on October 22, 2014, 05:32:19 PM
Either way, when The Boys destroy Vegas with a 20+ minute Bounce, everyone will just forget about this.

:evil:
Here Comes The Flood - a weblog about music
Twitter | FB | Instagram

As a roadie for the Jimi Hendrix Experience, I learned that I should give up being a guitar player. - Lemmy

gah

Quote from: Superfreakie on October 22, 2014, 05:07:41 PM
Quote from: Augustus on October 22, 2014, 05:03:34 PM
Tonight has to be better.

It's been downhill since Seattle ye of faith.

In a sick twisted way, I hope this gets uglier.

agreed.  :evil:
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.

mbw

nab