News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

2014/12/31 - AmericanAirlines Arena - Miami, Florida - Post Show Discussion

Started by VDB, January 01, 2015, 11:49:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mattstick

In this Theme and the 1/2 Weekapaug there is a sampled MIDI snare sound... Is this new? Is it triggered by Fish?

I guess I should watch the vids...

Superfreakie

Que te vaya bien, que te vaya bien, Te quiero más que las palabras pueden decir.

VDB

I love the looseness in the Cities. Segue into it is better than I perceived it to be live too.
Is this still Wombat?

WhatstheUse?

Quote from: mattstick on January 07, 2015, 04:30:25 PM
In this Theme and the 1/2 Weekapaug there is a sampled MIDI snare sound... Is this new? Is it triggered by Fish?

I couldn't figure that one out either..... might be Page(?)
Bring in the dude!

mbw

Quote from: WhatstheUse? on January 07, 2015, 07:49:58 PM

i don't hear it in the paug, but watching this theme makes me think its trey.

Hicks

Quote from: mbw on January 07, 2015, 08:20:35 PM
Quote from: WhatstheUse? on January 07, 2015, 07:49:58 PM

i don't hear it in the paug, but watching this theme makes me think its trey.

Yeah looks like he is triggering a loop with a pedal, not sure how it stays in time with Fish, but that's pretty slick.

As for the paug are you just referring to when Trey moved over to the Marimba Lumina?
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

mattstick

No. I might be mid-remembering but I heard it at another point in the run.

You can trigger samples by hitting the drums (using a Gate), could be Fishman as it seems like part of his drum groove.

Hicks

The YouTube comments indicate Trey was using a similar clap track controlled via pedal on the last TAB tour for Speak to Me. 

Definitely looks like he is hitting the pedal at the right times in the vid too. 
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

rowjimmy

Trey is definitely triggering some percussion including a handclap & maybe a cowbell with a pedal of this run. The clap is all over this Theme (8:50 for example).

mbw

Quote from: rowjimmy on January 08, 2015, 08:35:47 AM
Trey is definitely triggering some percussion including a handclap & maybe a cowbell with a pedal of this run. The clap is all over this Theme (8:50 for example).

there it is.

gah

Quote from: mbw on January 08, 2015, 09:56:28 AM
Quote from: rowjimmy on January 08, 2015, 08:35:47 AM

there it is.

Yeah, I remember hearing it, and thinking it was fish using a midi pad, but he's never had that as part of his kit, so was confused, but then there was a shot of trey hitting a pedal during that sound, and so yeah, it was Trey triggering it.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.

mbw

well, he can't get through theme to save his life, but at least he can keep a beat with his foot.  :samurai:

Buffalo Budd

Just finally getting to listen to this run, had some computer/phone issues that wouldn't let me DL it.
Slow start to the set with some rust but this ASIHTOS is pretty freaking sweet imo.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

VDB

This Ghost gets all blissy then dips into a little space, revisits the Ghost theme and instead of petering out at that point, rushes to a pretty big peak en route to a space-infused finish. I'd like to apologize to this Ghost for not giving it more love before now.
Is this still Wombat?

GBL

I would put this New Years show over the previous years at MSG.  While last year's second set was something I'll never forget, and was so special and awesome, this show as a whole, imo, is better.

Last year also had the added bonuses of the video montages played between each set, and the one before the encore was absolutely awesome.  But, the music this year was better
If this is love, I'm never going home..