News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Recipes!

Started by shoreline99, May 29, 2006, 05:09:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

disco

for simple pholks, spin, straw, Balsamic Vinagrette w/ some crushed red peppers and a sprinkle of sugar,
makes a great desert salad

looks tasty
"baby spinach + walnuts + sliced strawberries + feta cheese + raspberry vinaigrette = yum"
..><((((º>·´¯`·.¸¸..><((((º>·.¸´¯`·.¸¸..><((((º>.¸¸..

www.week4paug.net

Sharin' our groove with you

disco

Here's my favorite simple steak sauce, Gorg Sauce (creative name) its from a restaurant I used to work in

Small sauce pan: medium heat

small handful of Gorg cheese and a few shots of Tabasco (or any hot sauce) and Worchestire sauce
(it usually helps to keep the hot sauce or worches. to even amounts)
once the cheese starts to melt, add (I never measure stuff sorry) about 3/4 of a cup of heavy cream,
allow the sauce to reduce ( basically, boil it, when the edges of the sauces start to develop a light brown color, its reduced), remove from heat and slather it all over your favorite steak, for me, its gotta be the tenderloin

www.week4paug.net

Sharin' our groove with you

flow00

How long do you boil corn on the cob?

jedifunk

boil... mmm, 20-30 min.  i usually grill mine though..
Much Respect
(the other resident mac guy) [macbook air]
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

flow00

Thanks, Jedi. I picked up some cobs at the store the other day. I also like to grill mine, but I lost my grill. In Michigan, we have some of the best sweet corn and a variety called Peaches N' Cream. It's not harvest time yet, but when it is, I stick corn in the cob in some foil with potatoes on the grill (assuming I'll get one) and feast.

jephrey

some people soak the corn first and do away with the foil...  I like em foiled.  I dip them in water, but don't soak them, and on the grill it doesn't take much time at all...  10-15 minutes?  In a pot, that 20-30 sounds kosher.

Jephrey
There are 10 types of people in this world.  Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

flow00

Put a clove or two of garlic in the foil with the corn. Yummy.  :-o

Here's a tasty recipe for the grill:
4 potatoes, cut into wedges
2 ears of corn, cleaned, cut in half
2 medium onions, peeled, sliced
1 cup hickory-flavor BBQ sauce
1/4 cup butter or margerine, sliced into 6 to 8 pieces
1/4 cup green jalepeno sauce
4 cloves of garlic (or more)

Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and stir to coat. Place in a foil bag and put on the grill, turning every 10 minutes. Remove when potatoes are soft, about 20 to 25 minutes.

Then eat it with a dark beer. Smoke afterwards while hanging out with friends outside next to a fire.

jedifunk

i prefer to soak mine, husk on, for 15-20 min, then throw them right on the grill... love the smell of the husks cooking!  1/2 way through, i'll take em off, open em up and put a little butter, salt, garlic, pepper, and throw em back on for a bit longer...
Much Respect
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

jedifunk

heres some great goodies from my bag....

great easy tuna here (takes about 15-20 to do it all):
vinaigrette:
4 handfuls of fresh cilantro
1 jelapeno, sliced
1 teaspoon fresh chopped ginger
2 cloves garlic (i use a bit more)
juice of 4 limes
1/4 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup EVOO
1/4 teaspoon sugar
kosher salt and fresh black pepper

2 avocados sliced
4 nice cuts of sushi grade ahi tuna

- combine all the ingredients  (minus tuna & avos) in a bowl and mix well...
- put large skillet over med-high heat and add a 2-count of EVOO to pan
  (you could use the grill as well, but would suggest using a flat plate on the grill)
- season tuna with salt & pepper to taste
- add tuna to skillet and sear about 1 minute on each side (just enough to give it a nice crusty outside)
- pour 1/2 the vinaigrette over the fish in pan to coat tuna... let cook for about 30 seconds
- remove fish
- plate & serve with avocado slices and drizzle remaining vinaigrette over tuna....

the combo of the tuna, avo, & lime is fucking AMAZING!  and the jalapeno give just a bit of kick...  love this one.
Much Respect
- Trey Anastasio

jedifunk

another great fish recipe...

cedar plank grilled salmon... its easy too!

- soak cedar planks in water 45 min - 2 hours
- get a nice cut of salmon, rub in kosher salt & fresh cracked pepper to taste... add a light coating of EVOO to both sides of salmon...
- heat grill to med-high heat.
- place cedar plank(s) on grill and cover. let planks heat up until the tops are almost dry.
- add salmon, and re-cover. cook for 10-25 min (depending on heat of grill).  no need to turn fish.

the cedar planks add a wonderful smokey flavor to the fish.

had this the other night with.....

Much Respect
- Trey Anastasio

jedifunk

Zuchinni Fries

another fun & tasty recipe!

1.5 cups bread crumbs
1 cup all purpose flour
2 eggs, beaten
salt & pepper
2 nice zuchini... look for some that are relatively straight, not curved.

- preheat oven to 350
- cut zuchini into 2" x 1/4" fries (you know the size, the size of fries :roll: )
- put bread crumbs to a medium size bowl and add salt & pepper to taste (i also added garlic powder or garlic salt)
- put eggs & flour each in seperate bowls (makes 3 total bowls)
- dip each zuchini fry in each bowl in this order
   1. flour, lightly coat them
   2. egg
   3. bread crumbs
- bake in oven @ 350 for approx 20 minutes

plate & top with salmon from previous recipe!!!

YUMMY... enjoy
Much Respect
- Trey Anastasio

Guyute

For quick corn on the cob.  Take off the husk, wrap in plastic wrap, microwave for 2 min. and ear.  It actually locks in the water and the flavor nicely.  Doesn't eat up that valuable grill space.
Good decisions come from experience;
Experience comes from bad decisions.

About to open a bottle of Macallan.  There's my foreign policy; I support Scotland.

Guyute

A nice grilled salmon filet:

Place aluminum foil on the counter.
Cover in soy or teriyaki sauce.
Place salmon flesh side down on the sauce
Wrap in foil
Drop on hot grill flesh side down
Cook 3 min a side

Great flavor.  You can chop up a little garlic as well and toss it in.
Good decisions come from experience;
Experience comes from bad decisions.

About to open a bottle of Macallan.  There's my foreign policy; I support Scotland.

jedifunk

made my 1st aioli this last weekend!  really really easy, and once you have the base mayo, its very easy to create different aioli's from the base mayo....  and its soooo yummy
Much Respect
- Trey Anastasio

ucusty

just got a new job as a sous chef at a polish/german style resturant.  They make EVERYTHING in house,  from cheese for cheese cake, to perogis, and Kielbasa.  killer stuff!!!!!!!!

:beers:
optimater