News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

06/08 - DCU Center - Worcester, MA - Post-Show Discussion

Started by emay, June 08, 2012, 11:36:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

phil

Listened to the first half of this second set this morning. I'd like to rescind anything negative I may have previously said about this DWD. Sand is cool, too, transition into Nellie Kane is as smoove as anything I've heard them play recently.
Quote from: guyforget on November 15, 2010, 11:10:47 PMsure we tend to ramble, but that was a 3 page off topic tangent on crack and doses for breakfast?

DoW

Quote from: phil on June 25, 2012, 02:11:34 PM
Listened to the first half of this second set this morning. I'd like to rescind anything negative I may have previously said about this DWD. Sand is cool, too, transition into Nellie Kane is as smoove as anything I've heard them play recently.
thank you.
I didn't get the negativity on this.  I think this is lowering the bar.  I think people have memories of a bar being higher than it ever was.  it may not be a top 10 Phish segue ever but it is worth praising.

I like how the 48 hour rule is having the reverse effect of praising previously hated material.  it's the bizarro 'paug
Music is meant to be heard
***Support Bands That Allow Taping/Trading***

http://archive.org/search.php?query=taper%3A%22Brian%20V.%22&sort=-publicdate

Undermind

Quote from: DoW on June 25, 2012, 02:16:14 PM
thank you.
I didn't get the negativity on this.  I think this is lowering the bar.  I think people have memories of a bar being higher than it ever was.  it may not be a top 10 Phish segue ever but it is worth praising.

I like how the 48 hour rule is having the reverse effect of praising previously hated material. it's the bizarro 'paug
I still think 6/7's 2nd set had a better flow then 6/8.  6/8 ain't bad though either.  It has been kind of strange around here lately...
Trey at Darien Music Center on 8/13/09 while paying respect to Les Paul
Quote...and hopefully we'll be playing well into our nineties and hopefully you guys will be there too

Phish Video Collection Blog

Play_It_Leo

Quote from: Undermind on June 25, 2012, 02:24:20 PM
Quote from: DoW on June 25, 2012, 02:16:14 PM
thank you.

I like how the 48 hour rule is having the reverse effect of praising previously hated material. it's the bizarro 'paug
I still think 6/7's 2nd set had a better flow then 6/8.  6/8 ain't bad though either.  It has been kind of strange around here lately...

Amazing what happens with a few good shows strung together will do. I felt like the Red Rocks/Gorge run was pretty solid in '09 and at the time thought that was their turning point. Maybe it just took another 3 years.
Quote from: Gumbo72203 on September 03, 2012, 12:45:00 AM
I love what the band did in Sand.  Those last 12-13 minutes were ACE, Tom Ace.  If I were drinking from the toilet, I might have been killed.
Quote from: Gumbo72203 on June 24, 2012, 11:37:26 AM
Bouncin' - after all that, fuck they could have kicked their instruments in the face and I would have loved to eat some ice cream.

susep

This Sand is $$$, Trey playing a lot of major chords in the jam.