News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

RUSH Geeks rejoice!!

Started by PIE-GUY, April 08, 2010, 09:36:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PIE-GUY

Rush will be performing Moving Pictures in it's entirety every night on their upcoming summer tour...

http://www.rush.com/
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

mistercharlie

:clap:

I love Moving Pictures!!!!!!

"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

nab

I can't stand Rush and I don't care if their drummer kicks ass. 

PIE-GUY

Quote from: nab on April 08, 2010, 10:01:31 AM
I can't stand other people having fun. I came into this thread to spread my hatred. 

fyp

khalpin

Sweet.  When's the last time they played The Camera Eye live?

nab

Quote from: PIE-GUY on April 08, 2010, 10:06:56 AM
I can't stand other people having fun. I came into this thread to spread my hatred. 

fyp

Truth, woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning.

VA $l!m

::slim checks for omaha dates::
-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

Igbo

I can't stand Rush and I don't care if their drummer kicks ass.

+K for you nab.

mopper_smurf

Here Comes The Flood - a weblog about music
Twitter | FB | Instagram

As a roadie for the Jimi Hendrix Experience, I learned that I should give up being a guitar player. - Lemmy

khalpin

Quote from: khalpin on April 08, 2010, 10:18:42 AM
Sweet.  When's the last time they played The Camera Eye live?
To answer my own question, 1983.

Superfreakie

Funny. Rush is a really divisive band in the music community. You either love 'em or you can't stand 'em. Being a Canadian and a drummer basically means I have to love 'em, but between you and me, I can't stand 'em. I say between you and me because, in Canada, Rush is enshrined in our constitution. Yeah, we have really strange constitutions up here, none of that second amendment rights bs. We have stuff like "whenever you hear Rush on the radio, you must cease all activity and commence headbanging and air drumming". Crazy eh!   
Que te vaya bien, que te vaya bien, Te quiero más que las palabras pueden decir.

PIE-GUY

Quote from: Superfreakie on April 15, 2010, 03:01:28 PM
Funny. Rush is a really divisive band in the music community. You either love 'em or you can't stand 'em. Being a Canadian and a drummer basically means I have to love 'em, but between you and me, I can't stand 'em. I say between you and me because, in Canada, Rush is enshrined in our constitution. Yeah, we have really strange constitutions up here, none of that second amendment rights bs. We have stuff like "whenever you hear Rush on the radio, you must cease all activity and commence headbanging and air drumming". Crazy eh!   

They are divisive in a very similar way as Phish... people who like them geek out a bit too much, imo. But then who am I to say. I'm trying to figure out how to get to my 100th Phish show at some point in 2010.

Superfreakie

Quote from: PIE-GUY on April 15, 2010, 03:12:01 PM
Quote from: Superfreakie on April 15, 2010, 03:01:28 PM

They are divisive in a very similar way as Phish... people who like them geek out a bit too much, imo. But then who am I to say. I'm trying to figure out how to get to my 100th Phish show at some point in 2010.

:beers:
Que te vaya bien, que te vaya bien, Te quiero más que las palabras pueden decir.

mistercharlie

Rush does put on one helluva show.  I'd say they have one of the best 'Live Shows' around.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

mopper_smurf

Quote from: mistercharlie on April 15, 2010, 04:53:41 PM
Rush does put on one helluva show.  I'd say they have one of the best 'Live Shows' around.

I enjoyed the two Rotterdam shows that were used for Snakes and Arrows Live immensely.
Here Comes The Flood - a weblog about music
Twitter | FB | Instagram

As a roadie for the Jimi Hendrix Experience, I learned that I should give up being a guitar player. - Lemmy