News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

MLB 2017

Started by mattstick, March 07, 2017, 07:43:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mattstick

He was the Jays closer for a week to start the season a couple years ago.

I'd be surprised if he pans out for the O's but baseball is weird.

antelope19

What the freak is going on with the Jays this year? Yes, walk off last night, but you're in the middle of the worst start in franchise history. 3 errors today in an ugly game so far.  This is not the Jays team that i know and....strongly dislike, but obviously respect the hell out of......
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

mattstick

meh, it's 12 games.  If this happened in July nobody would notice.  Don't even look at team records or standings until end of May.

antelope19

I get it, it's April. Still, you have to be a little concerned. Especially with Donaldson and Sanchez on the DL and Happ likely headed there too.

Every team has their issues though. We've got Britton, Tillman, and Rickard on the DL as well.

VDB

Trey Mancini for MVP.
Is this still Wombat?

emay

Watched the Rockies sweep the Giants this weekend.

Went to the game Saturday & Sunday. Haven't seen this franchise play so well since moving to Denver almost 4 years ago.

Taking on the Nationals this week at home.

antelope19

:shakehead:

Directed at Society, not just Boston fans. WTF is wrong with people? Glad to see the Red Sox organization step up too.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/mlb/2017/05/02/red-sox-adam-jones-orioles/101191748/

VDB

People are the worst.
Is this still Wombat?

pcr3

Real Sox fans showed up tonight and applauded Adam Jones tonight.

http://m.weei.com/sports/feed/blog/anonymous/fenway-park-crowd-cheers-orioles-cf-adam-jones-1st-bat-tuesday-night

I hate that the bad apples can define a fanbase/city/region.
"I'm singlehandedly responsible for poisoning the entire local ecosystem with all my fluids spilling onto the ground." -birdman, while plowing

"Mushrooms were a good idea!" -wtu

http://phish.net/myshows/prizzi3

VDB

Sale promptly throws a heater behind Machado, who was not happy.

I've acknowledged Manny's bouts with punkishness over the years, but this is getting stupid. His slide on Pedroia looked routine to everyone without a New England address, Pedroia has long since returned to the field, and they're still throwing 100-mph missiles at Manny's knees, head and everywhere else. I'd feel about the same way Manny is feeling if I were him.

Quote from: pcr3 on May 03, 2017, 12:16:06 AM
I hate that the bad apples can define a fanbase/city/region.

"Agreed."
- southerners
Is this still Wombat?

antelope19

Mr. Met! Say it ain't so!

antelope19

Does anyone want to win the AL East this year? The Orioles just set the AL record for most consecutive games giving up 5+ runs and somehow, despite our pitching woes(putting it mildly), the Orioles sit 4 games out of first place today. IMO, the O's have false hope this year and should be selling at the deadline. Trumbo, Britton and even Machado would all make great trade pieces for someone.

My $.02

VDB

Trade Manny? Heresy!
Is this still Wombat?

mattstick

Can't trade him in the division and no other teams will pay the premium to get him...

O's are surprisingly good for such a shitty team.

antelope19

Quote from: mattstick on June 27, 2017, 07:04:07 AM
Can't trade him in the division and no other teams will pay the premium to get him...

O's are surprisingly good for such a shitty team.

:hereitisyousentimentalbastard