News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

underrated? fall 99

Started by jedifunk, August 25, 2014, 09:22:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

westcider

funny how that Prince song used to mean one thing, and now it means something else

Marmar

I don't mind 99....I saw many, many shows that year.....so much of it is a blurrrrr.....

Fall.....hmmm....I can honestly say I haven't revisited much fall '99 since it went down....I think it's maybe because of Rochester.....probably the worst show I'd ever saw up to that point in time.....I just seem to recall a lot of aimless loops with noodles and occasionally some spicy duck/soy sauce thrown in.....

Maybe it is indeed time to revisit.
Who's the Marmar? I'm the Marmar!!!

Phish doesn't write beautiful music...the beautiful music happens after the written parts.

<gainesvillegreen> now, if they could get their sound to be as good as the lights, we'd have a band hee-yah!!

Music is what feelings sound like.

jedifunk

Quote from: Marmar on August 29, 2014, 06:09:22 PM
I don't mind 99....I saw many, many shows that year.....so much of it is a blurrrrr.....

Fall.....hmmm....I can honestly say I haven't revisited much fall '99 since it went down....I think it's maybe because of Rochester.....probably the worst show I'd ever saw up to that point in time.....I just seem to recall a lot of aimless loops with noodles and occasionally some spicy duck/soy sauce thrown in.....

Maybe it is indeed time to revisit.
just to make the point because many others in this thread have done the same thing... but december is NOT fall... so therefore, rochester isn't a fall show.  and yes, it was a pretty lame show... yet still not in the fall.

fall tour went from  9/9/99 - 10/10/99 ... that december run started 12/2/99... and features lots of loops :)
Much Respect
(the other resident mac guy) [macbook air]
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

Augustus

09-12 is still one of the most underrated shows.

Marmar

Just to clarify....I'm just sayin that Rochester left a bad taste in my mouth for the year....after Rochester, I stopped listening to Phish for a period of time.....I could kinda sense the ugly and walked away from it.....after Rochester I sold my Cypress tix  :-o

I haven't really listened to any 99 shows since Rochester was kinda my 1.0 Coventry.....fwiw.....after that I only saw 5 shows in 2000......it killed my desire to tour any longer.....

Phish doesn't write beautiful music...the beautiful music happens after the written parts.

<gainesvillegreen> now, if they could get their sound to be as good as the lights, we'd have a band hee-yah!!

Augustus

12-05-99 is still my least favorite attended 1.0 show, but I did a ton of 2000 for the rebound ;)

Augustus

If you're not really familiar with either, do the 09-12/09-22 Gin challenge.

kellerb

Quote from: Augustus on August 29, 2014, 08:55:14 PM

Is that where you drink gin and demand other people pay a charity?

* kellerb actually jots those gin dates down to scope out later

jedifunk

Much Respect
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

jedifunk

Quote from: kellerb on August 29, 2014, 10:56:31 PM
Quote from: Augustus on August 29, 2014, 08:55:14 PM

Is that where you drink gin and demand other people pay a charity?

* kellerb actually jots those gin dates down to scope out later
and this... killer gins
Much Respect
- Trey Anastasio

cactusfan

Quote from: jedifunk on August 29, 2014, 11:55:28 PM
Quote from: Augustus on August 29, 2014, 08:15:25 PM
09-12 is still one of the most underrated shows.
this

i can't believe this show hasn't had an official release. contender for best show of '99. a great companion show to 7-2-98, copenhagen.

jasonsobel

Quote from: jedifunk on August 29, 2014, 07:15:03 PM
just to make the point because many others in this thread have done the same thing... but december is NOT fall... so therefore, rochester isn't a fall show.  and yes, it was a pretty lame show... yet still not in the fall.

fall tour went from  9/9/99 - 10/10/99 ... that december run started 12/2/99... and features lots of loops :)

just to make another point, the Winter solstice isn't until December 21, and therefore all of the shows before Big Cypress are "Fall", and in my mind are Leg 2 of Fall '99

that said, I don't think anyone has mentioned the Albany 2001 from Oct 9.  Totally awesome.

Also, the Dec 8 CCCC YEM has been mentioned, but not yet mentioned in this thread is my favorite parts of the Dec 8 show...  Ya Mar and Piper.  Both totally awesome.  Sill the best Ya Mar ever, in my opinion.
sing me back home before I die

Marmar

Yes Albany was good.....I was WAYYYYYY spun and most of those 2 shows made my face melt.....IIRC the Maze was en fuego and it was a blast watching it from behind the stage.....

susep

Quote from: jasonsobel on August 30, 2014, 06:47:32 AM
just to make another point, the Winter solstice isn't until December 21, and therefore all of the shows before Big Cypress are "Fall", and in my mind are Leg 2 of Fall '99

agreed. 

sunrisevt

Quote from: jasonsobel on August 30, 2014, 06:47:32 AM
Quote from: jedifunk on August 29, 2014, 07:15:03 PM

that said, I don't think anyone has mentioned the Albany 2001 from Oct 9.  Totally awesome.

Also, the Dec 8 CCCC YEM has been mentioned, but not yet mentioned in this thread is my favorite parts of the Dec 8 show...  Ya Mar and Piper.  Both totally awesome.  Sill the best Ya Mar ever, in my opinion.

IT would like a word with you, Jason.
Quote from: Eleanor MarsailI love you, daddy. Actually, I love all the people. Even the ones who I don't know their name.