News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Phishing with the Stars

Started by rickjamesstjames, May 03, 2007, 10:56:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rickjamesstjames

So, I thought I'd start a thread for star sightings at Phish shows.

What celebrities are secret heads?
Who have you boogied next to?
Ever sessioned with Al Gore on the lawn at the SPAC? Let us know!!!

This all stems from a long running conversation between my friends that started as I left our group to get a beverage in the mess that was the bar at Radio City. Short version is since I was only getting one drink I offered to purchase as many drinks as I could for everyone in my line since our 1 bartender had to serve 7 separate lines of 10 people each. I only thought to do this only because of the girl 3 people back who kept complaining about "only wanting a glass of crushed ice" (is that all?) Anyway, she was Buffy, Sarah Michelle Gellar and started to warm up a little when came with the line "dont I know you from somewhere?" Smooth.

She said "only if you watch bad TV" and then took off....Very smooth.

So here I charge back to my seats and my friends about to deliver this great story when they totally cut me off and say " Dude you just totally missed Fred Savage from the Wonder Years!"

Ahh shows New York City!!! :phish:
Quote from: phan003 on June 24, 2007, 10:57:21 PM
sweet lecture.  I suppose he should dose the fucker too?  :roll:

August

Danny D @ Coventry

Fran Drescher has been to shows, too.
a

tet

i'm pretty damn sure i saw Bill Walton at Phish 12/31/2002, walkin around Mike side before it began. 

also, not exactly an elite celeb, but i took a piss next to the drummer from Bisco at Hartford 2000 (i don't remember if it was 1st or 2nd nite -- too many mushrooms that weekend!)
"We want you to be happy"
-Phish

birdman

I saw Bud Bundy at the Mann in Philly summer 95. Not really all that cool...
Paug FTMFW!

mattstick

Hung out with Matt Kennedy Gould from the reality show "The Joe Schmoe Show" at NYE in Miami.

Sat next to the actor who played Kenny Banyan on Seinfeld on 12/31/02

Conan O'Brien has talked about being at 12/31/98 (where many people apparently asked to hug him)

ucusty

saw carrottop in 94 & 95 on multiple occasions!

cimsm

I saw Poker Star Howard Lederer at the Trey show in the Aladdin for Vegoose late night '05.
That's all I got.
Oh yeah, and Tom Hanks at NYE '02...  :wink:

cimsm

Quote from: mattstick on May 04, 2007, 06:17:43 AM
Hung out with Matt Kennedy Gould from the reality show "The Joe Schmoe Show" at NYE in Miami.

Probably the funniest reality show I've ever seen.  Watched every episode, and I'm getting it on DVD soon. 
He was such a nice guy, and I kinda felt sorry for him in the end.
I love it when the "smarmy host" says "You're dead to us.." and throws the plate into the fireplace.

Hicks

My friend sat behind the Woz at Shoreline, said he spent most of the show playing Tetris on his PDA.   :|
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

mattstick

Quote from: cimsm on May 04, 2007, 10:54:16 AM
Probably the funniest reality show I've ever seen.  Watched every episode, and I'm getting it on DVD soon. 
He was such a nice guy, and I kinda felt sorry for him in the end.
I love it when the "smarmy host" says "You're dead to us.." and throws the plate into the fireplace.

Agreed, it was great - hanging out with him was surreal, or maybe it was the doses.

Bobafett

I saw Parker Posey and awwww shit...Brain Fart....Resee Witherspoon at a radiohead show in San diego in 0(4)5...i was always too wasted at my phish experience to even make faces out of the blurs!

edit: good catch sirA.  my bad...It is 07 now, damn refer
The events in our lives happen in a sequence in time, but in their significance to ourselves they find their own order; the continuous thread of revelation.

August

Quote from: Bobafett on May 04, 2007, 11:27:36 AM
I saw Parker Posey and awwww shit...Brain Fart....Resee Witherspoon at a radiohead show in San diego in 05...i was always too wasted at my phish experience to even make faces out of the blurs!

RH didn't play as a band in 'o5.
a

August

Quote from: Bobafett on May 04, 2007, 11:27:36 AM
I saw Parker Posey and awwww shit...Brain Fart....Resee Witherspoon at a radiohead show in San diego in 0(4)5...i was always too wasted at my phish experience to even make faces out of the blurs!

edit: good catch sirA.  my bad...It is 07 now, damn refer

RH only played one USA date in 'o4 and it wasn't San Diego!  :-D
I think you mean 'o6.  :wink:
a

Casey Lenahan

my friend smoked bud with Xavier Rudd at one of his first American shows at this moe show in buffalo. He got to talk to him and he even gave him tickets to the next show he had in America which is cool
I owe Aug $20

Bobafett

Ok aug...let me do some looking, Hail to the Thief tour..umm
Yeah sept. of 03...sorry for f'in up this entire thing! Chula Vista=overpriced coors
One of the best shows ever(sorry phish) seen sober!
The events in our lives happen in a sequence in time, but in their significance to ourselves they find their own order; the continuous thread of revelation.