News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

(+1 Hidden)

Started by gainesvillegreen, December 12, 2006, 03:19:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gainesvillegreen

I always chuckle when I am viewing one of the boards and see something to this effect:

gainesvillegreen, jedifunk (+ 1 Hidden) and 3 Guests are viewing this board.

What is the purpose of being hidden if I can see you?   :-D

And how the hell does one hide anyway?

nab

Good question.  I'll have to pay attention, I've never noticed that before.  The bigger question is, why would you want to be hidden.  Things are for the most part nice, PG, legal, and pleasant around here.  What's to hide from?

jedifunk

hidden... thats either guyforget or tet, snooping around with their all encompassing server team powers
Much Respect
(the other resident mac guy) [macbook air]
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

VA $l!m

MY FAv has always been when viewing :who's online, and it says that they are "doing nothing, or nothing you CAN SEE right now."   :-o :lol:
-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

guyforget

How to hide:

Profile > Account Related Settings > Show others your online status?

Check = yes, show 'em. 

As for why people want to be hidden...?  No idea.  Some people probably just misunderstand and click to be hidden not even really knowing what hidden means.

I dont think myself or tet show up as hidden to any other users, but its hard for me to tell because no one is hidden to me.
-AD_

grewich

at the risk of sounding a lil naive what do the stars by our name represent? and the 'chasing the backbeat', wrote the book', or reading the book' stand for?
in your face

tet

Quote from: grewich on December 16, 2006, 08:14:16 PM
at the risk of sounding a lil naive what do the stars by our name represent? and the 'chasing the backbeat', wrote the book', or reading the book' stand for?

everyone's title and amount of stars increases with post counts.  we've just set them to be related to the namesake of the website initially, so all lyrics from parts of the weekapaug groove.  as your post count gets higher, you move into other realms of gamehendge: reading the book of gamehendge, read the book, wrote the book...  there are a few undisclosed ones, which will likely be revealed at some point soon. 
"We want you to be happy"
-Phish

grewich

in your face

jephrey

Let's see what mine is...

Oh yeah, mods and wiki dudes get a "special" one. 

J
There are 10 types of people in this world.  Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Hicks

+2 Hidden? 

You gotta earn the right to be hidden!!!
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

redrum

Quote from: jedifunk on December 12, 2006, 03:31:46 PM
hidden... thats either guyforget or tet, snooping around with their all encompassing server team powers

it's not just them.

someone else just sent me a PM telling me that they're hidden too!
Quote from: sunrisevt on April 13, 2010, 03:18:25 PM
It's a great day on the interweb, people.

Quote from: McGrupp on July 06, 2010, 02:17:12 PM
You guys know the rule... If you weren't there, it wasn't anything special...

---

Anyone who ever played a part, they wouldn't turn around and hate it.

mopper_smurf

Quote from: redrum on June 12, 2008, 07:06:39 PM
Quote from: jedifunk on December 12, 2006, 03:31:46 PM

it's not just them.

someone else just sent me a PM telling me that they're hidden too!

It's Mike. We all know that. Hi Mike!
Here Comes The Flood - a weblog about music
Twitter | FB | Instagram

As a roadie for the Jimi Hendrix Experience, I learned that I should give up being a guitar player. - Lemmy

VA $l!m

there is only one dork that is always hidden.
yeah you dork.
i see you.
:-P

he's worried about all the male groupies here at the paug.
-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

natronzero

I'd rather dwell in some dark holler where the sun refuses to shine, where the wild birds of heaven can't hear me when I whine.

tet

"We want you to be happy"
-Phish