News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

CRAZY F-ing Weather!

Started by VA $l!m, February 17, 2006, 06:52:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rowjimmy

Quote from: mirthbeatenworker on June 28, 2010, 01:59:12 PM
very cool.  thanks for that!

This is what comes of combing through four days of unread rss feeds...

shoreline99

Quote from: goodabouthood on June 24, 2010, 09:26:36 AM
Quote from: mirthbeatenworker on June 23, 2010, 07:51:52 PM
damn.  lighting just slammin all around here.
check out this CRAZY F-ing siren thats keeps going off, conveniently located right outside my window.

Holy Shit! This siren is awesome! I'm freaking out here. Holy crap! I'm going to save this for later. This is sweet! If I was in my place and heard this, I'd probably jump out a window!  :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

Holy Crap that is a cool siren. Glad it's not outside my window though.
Quote from: rowjimmy on August 25, 2015, 11:19:15 AM
You're entitled to your opinion but I'm going to laugh at it.

Undermind

Just had some crazy fuckin' tstorms go through along with reported Tornadoes all around my area here in Maine.  Twisters are not normal at all here.  We seem to be in the clear now and still have our power!
Trey at Darien Music Center on 8/13/09 while paying respect to Les Paul
Quote...and hopefully we'll be playing well into our nineties and hopefully you guys will be there too

Phish Video Collection Blog

gah

So here comes Hurricane Earl up the coast. Anyone else a little concerned?

Folks here are getting pretty worried even though it's going to stay off the coast. It'll likely cause the usual flooding, strong winds, and loss for power for me for a few days....but hopefully nothing more.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.

sunrisevt

While I don't wish storm fury
on anyone, Earl
brings rumors of cool my way.
Quote from: Eleanor MarsailI love you, daddy. Actually, I love all the people. Even the ones who I don't know their name.

McGrupp

Would be nice to get some rain in VA. We need it.
Just two whiskies, officer.

Quote from: kellerb on November 30, 2010, 10:40:51 PM
I'm not sure if I followed this thread correctly, but what guys are saying is that Dave Thomas sold crack in inner-city DC in the mid-80's, right?

redrum

Quote from: goodabouthood on September 02, 2010, 12:11:00 PM

they're saying the Cape's gonna get smashed.
we've been huricane free for a while.
we're due..
Quote from: sunrisevt on April 13, 2010, 03:18:25 PM
It's a great day on the interweb, people.

Quote from: McGrupp on July 06, 2010, 02:17:12 PM
You guys know the rule... If you weren't there, it wasn't anything special...

---

Anyone who ever played a part, they wouldn't turn around and hate it.

guyforget

this week has definitely seen a chill return to the breeze, fall is on its way to the front range, colorado.  tonights predicted low: 41.
-AD_

UncleEbinezer

Folks here are getting pretty worried even though it's going to stay off the coast. It'll likely cause the usual flooding, strong winds, and loss for power for me for a few days....but hopefully nothing more.

People?  Its just me.  You can say it.

I've been telling GAH that a 75mph Hurricane I don't get so worried about, because I've seen a few, and although they do damage, its not really catastrophic.  But a Hurricane that was packing 145mph winds just a few hours ago is like 12 hours away and will only miss us and Carolina by a little bit conerns me and the rest of the East Coast a little bit.

The wispy clouds are here, but nothing else yet.  "Breeze" should pick up this evening.
Quote from: bvaz
if you ever gacve me free beer, I'd bankrupt you  :-D

gah

Quote from: UncleEbinezer on September 02, 2010, 02:26:11 PM

People?  Its just me.  You can say it.

I've been telling GAH that a 75mph Hurricane I don't get so worried about, because I've seen a few, and although they do damage, its not really catastrophic.  But a Hurricane that was packing 145mph winds just a few hours ago is like 12 hours away and will only miss us and Carolina by a little bit conerns me and the rest of the East Coast a little bit.

The wispy clouds are here, but nothing else yet.  "Breeze" should pick up this evening.

I ain't skirred!  :-P

antelope19

I am hoping I'm going to miss it completely on my way down to Charleston this weekend.  We'll see......
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

UncleEbinezer

Quote from: antelope19 on September 02, 2010, 02:35:52 PM
I am hoping I'm going to miss it completely on my way down to Charleston this weekend.  We'll see......

You should.  I don't think it is supposed to reach that far west.

gah

Quote from: UncleEbinezer on September 02, 2010, 02:38:54 PM

DUDE! You need to study your geography! I think he meant Charleston, SC!  :hereitisyousentimentalbastard

UncleEbinezer

Quote from: goodabouthood on September 02, 2010, 02:40:20 PM

DUDE! You need to study your geography! I think he meant Charleston, SC!  :hereitisyousentimentalbastard

He is going to travel down 95 which is west of the storm which is traveling north.  They will basically pass each other....DUDE!

gah

Quote from: UncleEbinezer on September 02, 2010, 02:43:37 PM
Quote from: goodabouthood on September 02, 2010, 02:40:20 PM

He is going to travel down 95 which is west of the storm which is traveling north.  They will basically pass each other....DUDE!

Whatever DUDE, work on your geology.