News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Entering Setlists

Started by jephrey, September 15, 2005, 12:17:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jephrey

Oh, and I used
 in all the setlists, I like it...  Cleans it up.

And it looks like your link is good!

There are 10 types of people in this world.  Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

jedifunk

hear ya, you dont have iChat?  wtf, i thought you were a mac geek.  i've got an isight also, so we could voice/video chat as well.
Much Respect
(the other resident mac guy) [macbook air]
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

jephrey

dont have an isight, but can hook up a vid cam for the same effect (video I/O).  I am setting up an AIM acct now.

Anyhow, I used to use AIM and probably still have another one that I used to use with some prog that could do all of them but eventually gave up because I never really used it much.  I have a cell phone which is WAY easier, especially with the walkie talkie feature (Nextel/Sprint).  I don't get close to my minutes.

J
There are 10 types of people in this world.  Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

jedifunk

i hear ya, but to be honest, i hate talking on the phone.  i'd rather type.... pretty lame huh
Much Respect
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

jephrey

Would you rather iChat?  I got video hooked up already.  Never did it before, 15 minutes later, I'm ready to go.  God these macs are the shit!!!

Jephrey69 is my AIM

J

rowjimmy

jedifunk

Much Respect
- Trey Anastasio

jephrey

Some minor stuff. 

1.  I have always used Chalkdust, but I believe Chalk Dust Torture is correct.
2.  I changed the few over to Set I and Set II, in lieu of Set 1 and Set 2.  And used the full Encore instead of just E
3.  I added the "top" thingy to each year on the overall setlists page, I figured it would be nice to be able to go back to the top as well as refined linking.  Basically click the year at the top and you'll get to a place to click the actual show at the beginning of each year.  It's nice.  Check it out.
4.  I see one of you took the code and made the 1997 page.  It's really duplication because you can do the same thing right in the page.  Although I think a list with all the dates/locations without setlists would be nice and then provide links to the setlists overall and individual pages.  I'll do a little table in 1998.  See what you think.  I imagined the year pages like an overall thingy that would give some yearly stats and info (like in the almanac)

Jephrey

jedifunk

yeah, we can do polls here and use that info for our 10 best for each year, some sleeper picks, some key jams from the year, etc.1
Much Respect
- Trey Anastasio

jedifunk

having some trouble with getting the formatting right.  help please.

1998 page.
Much Respect
- Trey Anastasio

jephrey

I like that little table you got in there...  You can defiine the width of it I believe...  Here are some new things.

1.  Song Pages.  I added YEM and basically, for every show that we have in there I put entries in the instances list.  I also went back and completed PYITE and Tube.  So, when you enter a setlist, you also must go to each song that's available and add the song to the instances list.  For any song page you create, if you do, you must at least enter the instance that exist in setlists that have been posted.

2.  On the overall year pages (we're kinda working on 97 and 98) at least we know that the table on the right is kosher, so for every setlist you create, you should add the date and tour(if it's the first) to that list too.

Yes, it's tedious, but I think we're ok.  I can enter setlists pretty quickly now and should be able to sneak some in at work as well. 

jedifunk

wish there was a way to automate some of this.  like entering it all into a excel document or filemaker document and then having the server parse the info so we didnt have to enter info in 10 different places to make one setlist entry.

i mean for every show we enter thats an average of 18 songs that need to have their pages updated, along with the main setlist page, the yearly setlist page, etc, etc...  thats a lot of work.
Much Respect
- Trey Anastasio

jephrey

Well, let's figure out exactly what needs to be updated for each show entry...

1.  main setlist
2.  detail setlist

a.  We could do each song page that's available...or...just do them as we feel fit.  This goes for venue page and year page as well. 

So really, it's just the 2 setlists pages.  I like the idea of having a person that enters the setlists, a person that checks them and enters the other data on the year/tour/song/venue pages. (on those pages, really, the data entry is fairly simple as well so personally, I don't think it's a huge thing).  I'll enter 1 setlist from beginning to end, do all (minus updating all songs/venue) and reply with my findings and the time it takes.

Jephrey

jephrey

Well, for 1 show (and it makes it easier if you do a couple at a time) it took a total of 15 minutes. 

The setlists alone took 10, updating the year page and one song page (remember we have no tour pages yet, but I imagine something very close to the year page but with tour notes.) and uploading a ticket stub (including saving as a png from it's original photoshop.)  I started with nothing open.

I think this is OK.  I'll have to do a run of like 5 in a row to really cut time down and I'd bet I could make it 7minutes for the setlists.

Anyway, I'm just going to randomly pluck away, maybe pick a tour and do that. 

I'll do a tour page (same as year page) and get a couple more songs in.

Jephrey

jephrey

I made some mods to the 97s that one of you added...

1.  between the set and the notes section 2 blank lines.  As I also added the audio sources and bt search sections, it became cluttered with only 1.

2.  I erased a few notes, I believe we decided to only mention shows that hadn't been played for 100 or more shows?  Also on the others, they said last played on September 13, 1988 (854 shows), for example.  I changed it to [[1988-09-13]] to provide a link to it.

3.  You have to call it 1997 fall tour, not Fall tour.  because many years have a fall tour, and a click on the link will bring you to a page called fall tour.  We want it year-specific.

Please check my work as well, I entered another setlist and AC/DC Bag song page.  As well as a preliminary Island tour page although now after thinking about it, it should be called 1998 Spring Tour and at the top it should be in large text AKA, the island tour.  Thoughts?

Let's keep it rollin!

Jephrey