News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

#week4vinyl NoVinbyr 2015

Started by PIE-GUY, October 24, 2015, 02:19:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buffalo Budd

Quote from: Caravan2001 on October 24, 2015, 09:28:27 PM
Quote from: Hicks on October 24, 2015, 07:53:57 PM
No fucking way am I letting my wife choose a record, just saying.

Let your kid pick one.....

I really like this idea.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

mistercharlie

My wife would choose her Of Monsters and Men vinyl that she's listening to every time I come home from work and she's had the day off.  :|
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

justjezmund

Quote from: mistercharlie on October 25, 2015, 05:26:18 AM

My wife would choose her Of Monsters and Men vinyl that she's listening to every time I come home from work and she's had the day off.  :|

I must just be lucky.  My wife chose my Portishead pick, you guys just need cooler wives.  just sayin.

:wink:
Quote from: Augustus on September 29, 2013, 09:26:46 AM
It's like BJ Galore over here!

Quote from: rowjimmy on May 13, 2013, 09:36:00 AM
I use records for that and don't have to justify it to my friends.

Hicks

Hey, better than Mumford at least. 
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

Caravan2001

My wife would pick a great record.  She's just not allowed to touch the turntable.  Ever.

Caravan2001

Also, just throwing this out there, but it seems like we would make the challenges have a little more longevity if we did them quarterly or something.  I'm down with them, but I can't keep up the pace. Would also give peeps with smaller collections a chance to build between rounds.

Buffalo Budd

Quote from: Hicks on October 25, 2015, 09:44:15 PM

Hey, better than Mumford at least.

That's what my wife would pick, or JT.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

Gundo

Quote from: Caravan2001 on October 26, 2015, 04:53:28 AM
Would also give peeps with smaller collections a chance to build between rounds.
Yeah my collection is so small, but I'd also like to participate some time if I feel like I can line up some decent selections based on the list. I'll just have to think outside the box a little bit to make do with what I have.

August

PIE-GUY

Month two starts tomorrow. I'm in. Who's with me? Don't fall out now! Winner gets a free kick down record from PG.

I am the sole arbiter of what constitutes winning. It will be totally subjective based on participation, creativity, taste, and whether I actually like you or not.

DO IT!!
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

Buffalo Budd

I'm in and have most of my picks lined up.

mattstick

I'm in. Got a few lined up, will have to figure some others out.

PIE-GUY

In truth, I'm already well into week one of my listening and pic taking. Traveling the next couple of weeks so I've gotta store it up to keep up.
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

rowjimmy

August