News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Rd 3 - 5 - Dylan - Highway 61 Revisited v 16 - Phish - Rift

Started by UncleEbinezer, March 26, 2012, 09:33:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

UncleEbinezer

Rd 3 - 5 - Dylan - Highway 61 Revisited v 16 - Phish - Rift
Quote from: bvaz
if you ever gacve me free beer, I'd bankrupt you  :-D

mistercharlie

"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

twatts

The fact that Rift made it this far shows that most of us have pretty crappy taste in music...

Terry
Oh! That! No, no, no, you're not ready to step into The Court of the Crimson King. At this stage in your training an album like that could turn you into an evil scientist.

----------------------

I want super-human will
I want better than average skill
I want a million dollar bill
And I want it all in a Pill

mehead

His eyes were clean and pure but his mind was so deranged

rowjimmy

Quote from: twatts likes ghoti on March 26, 2012, 11:20:21 AM
The fact that Rift made it this far shows that most of us have pretty crappy taste in music...

Terry

sls.stormyrider

to those who vote for Rift

"next time you see me comin', man, you better run"
"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

WhatstheUse?

Dylan just bores me sometimes. Incredible lyricist, no doubt, but the music doesn't pull me in like Phish does.
Bring in the dude!

mattstick

rowjimmy

Quote from: WhatstheUse? on March 26, 2012, 02:43:27 PM
Dylan just bores me sometimes. Incredible lyricist, no doubt, but the music doesn't pull me in like Phish does.

:shakehead:

PIE-GUY

Quote from: rowjimmy on March 26, 2012, 03:37:21 PM

when I was 21 years old and on Phish tour (summer 95) I might have said the same thing. At this point... no fucking way!
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

WhatstheUse?

Wasn't meant as a slant to Dylan. Dude is a musical genius and I have a lot of respect for him. 

it just comes down to personal choice, and the songs on Rift mean waaaayy more to me than anything Dylan has ever done.   

Bring in the dude!

gah

Quote from: PIE-GUY on March 26, 2012, 03:40:07 PM
Quote from: rowjimmy on March 26, 2012, 03:37:21 PM

when I was 21 years old and on Phish tour (summer 95) I might have said the same thing. At this point... no fucking way!

Yeah, I was thinking something along those lines. That basically if you're not feeling the Dylan, it's probably just cause you've got some more living to do is all.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.

WhatstheUse?

I can't wait until I'm old enough to make the "right" musical decisions!
Bring in the dude!

barnesy305

Quote from: WhatstheUse? on March 26, 2012, 05:13:00 PM
I can't wait until I'm old enough to make the "right" musical decisions!

That sounds like your brother talking.