News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

The Jauntee Spring/Summer Tour 2016

Started by WhatstheUse?, April 11, 2016, 10:53:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhatstheUse?

Quote from: mistercharlie on June 07, 2016, 08:30:29 PM
Quote from: WhatstheUse? on June 07, 2016, 06:24:32 PM
Thanks y'all! I really enjoyed that show -- Also got a pretty awesome sounding SBD feed that night so we're thinking about starting some Live Release Series sort of thing on bandcamp with this....
Ahh, I was wondering why there hadn't been any sbd's put up on the archive recently. It all makes sense now. That being said, I'd buy a nice SBD of that jam.

Nah, it's not like that. We'll have them on bandcamp for free or possibly 'pay what you want' -- More than anything, I feel that putting together a "Live Series" sort of thing will attract a certain listener that wouldn't frequent  archive.org otherwise.... Personally, I love archive... but you got to admit, there's something a bit archaic and unappealing to the eye about it's layout, even with the recent update.

I think certain fans will be more inclined to listen to a 'Official :roll: Live Release' on bandcamp's site if its a specific show we've chosen based on the quality of playing and quality of recording.

The surplus of SBD recording in 2013/2014 was kinda a fluke since we had a sound guy touring with us, with our own board -- ahhh those were the days. he quickly realized how that job just wwaaassn't gonna work with what we could afford to pay him... Nowadays, we snag the stereo SBD feeds when we can, but its not always a possibility based on the room/board nor is it top priority sometimes when we are in a rush trying to set up ourselves.  There have been a few matrix's up this year i believe...
Bring in the dude!

emay

running through this one now

https://archive.org/details/jauntee2016-06-09.flac16

QuoteThe Jauntee Live at Black Oak Tavern - Oneonta, NY on 2016-06-09
by The Jauntee

Published June 9, 2016 (check for other copies)
Topics jauntee, black oak taver, oneonta,

Set 1:
01. Jaunt's on Fire* ->
02. Enjoy the Ride^ ->
03. My Freedom+ ->
04. Lightman
05. Fearless+

Set 2:
01. Valley Girl
02. Hence, Quadraphonic Fence% ->
03. Hey Pocky A-Way# ->
04. Space Monkeys~
05. Portland** ->
06. Jaunt's on Fire >
07. Let the Drummer Take One^^

24 min jaunts on fire opener  :-o yes please!

Actually really love how Tyler is coming through on this one and starts to lead the first jam outta jaunts on fire. At the Evergreen show I was thinking about how I rarely saw Tones really push the limits and play out to where hes leading jams and stuff but Tyler has a higher level of playing and is sounding more comfortable with the songs. Its evident hes a great fit, and starting to take the lead and play out more over other members. Great stuff.

mistercharlie

Quote from: emayPhishyMD on June 13, 2016, 11:37:40 AM

Hot damn, That's a helluva show so far, and I only made it through the first set. Excited to see how the second set sounds tomorrow at work.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

Caravan2001

I watched the first 3 songs of set 2 on the stream.  Sounded great!

rowjimmy

Listening to last night's 8x10 show via the FB strream this morning.
DAMN
Was that Hence > I Foreign Eye?
Regardless of what song preceeded it, the jam and transition into I Foriegn Eye was slick.

Whole show has been hot.

WhatstheUse?

Tyler synced up this vid the other day - one of our jammiest sets ever. I really enjoyed this one .

Also, this is the light guy we've been working with down south. He's young but clearly is able to 'listen' to us jam.. It's a bit much at times, IMO but a solid example of what we've been working with...

Bring in the dude!

rowjimmy

mistercharlie

I watched that last night. It was a great set!  :rockout:
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

rowjimmy

I've listened to it previously. But enjoyed watching and listening today.
Also tweeted about it a bit and got at least one person to listen and enjoy it.

rowjimmy

Still holding out on that Richmond show, huh?

emay

Summer terr!
(Promises to have more jamz than Phish tour)

WhatstheUse?

There's some overlap in dates from both posters, but I started a new thread anyways >>

The Jauntee Late-Summer 2016 Tour
Bring in the dude!

Gumbo72203

Quote from: emayPhishyMD on June 13, 2016, 11:37:40 AM

QuoteThe Jauntee Live at Black Oak Tavern - Oneonta, NY on 2016-06-09
by The Jauntee

Published June 9, 2016 (check for other copies)
Topics jauntee, black oak taver, oneonta,

Set 1:
01. Jaunt's on Fire* ->
02. Enjoy the Ride^ ->
03. My Freedom+ ->
04. Lightman
05. Fearless+

Set 2:
01. Valley Girl
02. Hence, Quadraphonic Fence% ->
03. Hey Pocky A-Way# ->
04. Space Monkeys~
05. Portland** ->
06. Jaunt's on Fire >
07. Let the Drummer Take One^^

24 min jaunts on fire opener  :-o yes please!

Actually really love how Tyler is coming through on this one and starts to lead the first jam outta jaunts on fire. At the Evergreen show I was thinking about how I rarely saw Tones really push the limits and play out to where hes leading jams and stuff but Tyler has a higher level of playing and is sounding more comfortable with the songs. Its evident hes a great fit, and starting to take the lead and play out more over other members. Great stuff.

You're welcome :D

I texted Scott on the way to the show that I wanted Jaunts -> Enjoy -> On -> The -> Fire -> Ride or something like that haha.  Also requested Valley Girl at the start of Set 2. 

That show was SO fucking good.  Every time they play Black Oak, they slay.  For the 2.59 people who are there ;)   Probably last time they'll stop by there.  It just doesn't work.  The door man let in this huge bridal shower party, and didn't charge them at all!  lol
"Just drink some water, and breathe through your nose."  -Slim, 3/7/09

Quote from: redrum on April 04, 2010, 07:45:51 PM
%% with alternated lyrics about a 1995 jeep cherokee that was also sacraficed on this tour.

Quote from: blatboom on November 04, 2012, 08:46:54 PM
I think I got it but he's such a spaz he'll probably never open this thread again