News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

iPhone Thread

Started by mattstick, July 10, 2008, 04:32:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jedifunk

i am running 7.7... and still nothing... restart my macbook?  my iphone?  i tried restarting itunes with no luck...

agggrr.. i want 2.0
Much Respect
(the other resident mac guy) [macbook air]
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

jedifunk

ok... its all good... it finally recognized my phone.
Much Respect
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

tet

i'm LOVING 2.0, these apps are awesome.  the Remote Control for iTunes is just sick!!!  makes my AirTunes 1000% more badass!
"We want you to be happy"
-Phish

Caravan2001

I heard that in Canada they make you sign a 3 year contract...is that true?  Either way, who cares, you have the dopest phone around...congrats...I have to wait until September until my contract ends up, unless I wanna drop an xtra $200, which I don't......I mean, I do, but I won't.....

mattstick

yup, 3 year contract but posting from the Jays/Yanks game is worth it.

jephrey

There are 10 types of people in this world.  Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Caravan2001

Quote from: mattstick on July 11, 2008, 08:39:06 PM
yup, 3 year contract but posting from the Jays/Yanks game is worth it.

QFT.....I'm jealous  :-)

mattstick

Has anyone made Ringtones in the iTMS?  I don't get how it works.

tet

Quote from: mattstick on July 13, 2008, 01:40:45 AM

Has anyone made Ringtones in the iTMS?  I don't get how it works.

you first have to buy the song, then buy the ringtone, and when you go thru that second step, it asks you to pick a 30 second clip from the song. 
-Phish

mattstick

OK, so say I wanted to make a Shine ringtone, I go to the store and start to purchase Shine, when is it supposed to ask me if I want to buy a ringtone?

mattstick

well I've given up on ringtones for now

Is it possible to change the bubble colors in SMS?  That green is super ugly.

jedifunk

if you want matt... i've got like 3500+ mp3 ringtones that work with the iphone.  including shine... oh wait, you meant trey's shine, not collective soul... lol

and where are all the good free apps?  before the update i had my phone jailbroken and running all kinds of great easy to use apps...

now, in the app store, they are all way too expensive... like solitaire, i had a great version before, and all the solitaires in the store are like $4 or more, and none of them look nearly as good as the free one i had.

and i good dictionary/thesaurus... and tip calculator... and better camera app... and weather app, and on and on...

i'm not against paying for the apps, but really they shouldn't be more than like $2...
Much Respect
- Trey Anastasio

jedifunk

ok, so still no luck for me in getting mobileme up and running... i can't seem to get the update to show up in software update... anyone else having issues?
Much Respect
- Trey Anastasio

tet

Quote from: jedifunk on July 13, 2008, 06:53:41 PM
ok, so still no luck for me in getting mobileme up and running... i can't seem to get the update to show up in software update... anyone else having issues?

i was on my MBP, then i just opened System Preferences to .Mac, let it sit for a few minutes and got a prompt that MobileMe is now ready for download.  only then will it appear in your Software Update
-Phish

tet

Quote from: mattstick on July 13, 2008, 11:40:40 AM

OK, so say I wanted to make a Shine ringtone, I go to the store and start to purchase Shine, when is it supposed to ask me if I want to buy a ringtone?

in your Library, you find the file you just bought.  if it's possible to make it into a ringtone, it will have a little bell icon to the right of the song name (you can see this before you purchase any track in the Store as well).  click on that bell, and it'll pop up a little thing to edit down the clip you want.  click Buy if you want to buy it.
-Phish