News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Club d'Elf - Aug 26, 2010 - (on-stage) beyerdynamic CK930

Started by jasonsobel, August 27, 2010, 08:31:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jasonsobel

I'm glad you've enjoyed all my recordings of d'Elf over the years  :-)
Though I have slowed down a lot in recent years, as I'm sure you noticed.  Baby's will do that, take all your time and energy.

anyway, yes, I love micro's emails as well.  My favorite is one from a show at the Paradise a few years back.  I saved it, because I liked it so much:

Quotewe've gotten word that tonight's paradise show with john brown's body & club d'elf IS going on, despite JBB's drummer tommy benedetti's breaking his collarbone in a bike accident. tommy is a trooper and we are all sending him tons of good bone-healing vibes and energy to get through the night and heal as quickly as possible. come on down on this rainy friday and support tommy and both bands because hey, it's the weekend! no school or work tomorrow! yay! unless of course you work or go to school on saturday, in which case you should just shut up and come out. we'll actually be getting a longer set, for due to tommy's accident JBB will be playing a shorter set (75 min), giving us a full 90 minutes with which to lovingly rip some faces off, through which we will watch as they watch us wearing their faces, watching them. and then of course lovingly re-attach them at the end, and hey, my pockets are full of arrowheads! thanks! what i'm saying is no one gets hurt. don't miss this rare chance to see d'elf on a big old rock stage on a friday night. we even rehearsed.

and in regards to Mike playing in the orchestra for Wicked, I think it was more strange a few years back when he was in the pit for The Lion King...  that was strange to picture in my head. :)
sing me back home before I die

DeviousGelatin

HAHA yes!! I forgot about the Lion King gig, that was hilarious. And yeah, the collecting of face-pelts and making offerings to Cthulu seem to be recurring themes in Micro's world. Those emails make my day - I actually wrote him a while back when he said they were discontinuing the email list in favor of a blog (or online announcement thing on the website or whatever) and told him I'd hate to see the emails disappear. Fortunately it appears he's busy enough to just keep doing things the old way.   :clap:

And yeah, I've definitely really appreciated your recordings over the years. I first heard d'Elf on a late-night radio show on the local jazz station many, many moons ago, and your taping is the thing that enabled me to actually hear the band's shows without travelling to Cambridge. (It's a bit of a haul from MI, apparently.)  So really, seriously: a million thanks for your time and efforts.   :music:
"He's sittin at the piano, lookin' sharp. He's a guy, who looks sharp at the piano."  --Trey Anastasio, 'Ode to Page's New Shirt'