News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

your recent Phish discoveries?

Started by Gumbo72203, June 23, 2010, 11:35:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Undermind

Trey at Darien Music Center on 8/13/09 while paying respect to Les Paul
Quote...and hopefully we'll be playing well into our nineties and hopefully you guys will be there too

Phish Video Collection Blog

Gumbo72203

Are you being sarcastic?

i know ive been hormonal lately.  My grandfather died a couple weeks ago, then I saw Phish 2 nights in a row, which is something that I care about and emotional about to begin with, and I found out yesterday that the kid who was my best friend from kindergarten up through 12th grade shot himself in the middle of the woods over a girl on Monday.

Its been weird.
"Just drink some water, and breathe through your nose."  -Slim, 3/7/09

Quote from: redrum on April 04, 2010, 07:45:51 PM
%% with alternated lyrics about a 1995 jeep cherokee that was also sacraficed on this tour.

Quote from: blatboom on November 04, 2012, 08:46:54 PM
I think I got it but he's such a spaz he'll probably never open this thread again

Undermind

Trey at Darien Music Center on 8/13/09 while paying respect to Les Paul
Quote...and hopefully we'll be playing well into our nineties and hopefully you guys will be there too

Phish Video Collection Blog

Gumbo72203

Oh.  Well, then thank you.  I thought so, too. 
"Just drink some water, and breathe through your nose."  -Slim, 3/7/09

Quote from: redrum on April 04, 2010, 07:45:51 PM
%% with alternated lyrics about a 1995 jeep cherokee that was also sacraficed on this tour.

Quote from: blatboom on November 04, 2012, 08:46:54 PM
I think I got it but he's such a spaz he'll probably never open this thread again

ytowndan

I think it's a good idea, too.  After all these years, I still discover shows/jams that I had never heard before, and they quickly become part my regular rotation.  This thread is an opportunity to get recommendations on some new-old Phish.   
Quote from: nab on July 27, 2007, 12:20:24 AM
You never drink alone when you have something good to listen to.

willsteele

I wish I had the time to really listen to alot of phish I have been itchin to hear.  I'm only in my truck for 30 minutes a day and at home I have an hour or so at night if I'm lucky (baby is asleep and wife is working).

My next "discovery" is going to be Japan 2000.  That article from last week or whatever made me want to check all of it out.  Its up next on the ipod after some of these 2010 shows.
I'm the one who's gonna have to die when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life the way I want to.

twatts

I've recently discovered that I'm more interested in collecting and listening to older shows than I am about the upcoming Raleigh show...

Terry
Oh! That! No, no, no, you're not ready to step into The Court of the Crimson King. At this stage in your training an album like that could turn you into an evil scientist.

----------------------

I want super-human will
I want better than average skill
I want a million dollar bill
And I want it all in a Pill

DI

aphineday

Quote from: willsteele on June 23, 2010, 08:41:14 PM
Quote from: JustJezmund on June 23, 2010, 07:43:14 PM
6/25/04 - seven below

yes.
I was there... and I completely forgot how amazing this was until an nice drive back to Iowa from Indy right before Easter this year. Sickness.
If we could see these many waves that flow through clouds and sunken caves...

whatapiper

Quote from: ytowndan on June 23, 2010, 09:22:51 PM
I think it's a good idea, too.  After all these years, I still discover shows/jams that I had never heard before, and they quickly become part my regular rotation.  This thread is an opportunity to get recommendations on some new-old Phish.

ill try and get a list together...
We are all and we are all we are
Far flung bits of Sun and bits of Stars
From the  ocean from the land from the
beginning to end
Backwards forwards back toward
we belong

sharebear

I have discovered that there are many interesting people that go to shows, and after all the shows that I have been to the guy with the mullet surprised me the most

ROCK ON MULLET GUY! :rawk:

sophist

Quote from: Gumbo72203 on June 23, 2010, 08:58:42 PM
Are you being sarcastic?

i know ive been hormonal lately.  My grandfather died a couple weeks ago, then I saw Phish 2 nights in a row, which is something that I care about and emotional about to begin with, and I found out yesterday that the kid who was my best friend from kindergarten up through 12th grade shot himself in the middle of the woods over a girl on Monday.

Its been weird.
Wow, my condolences dude.   
Can we talk about the Dead?  I'd love to talk about the fucking Grateful Dead, for once, can we please discuss the Grateful FUCKING Dead!?!?!?!

gah

Quote from: sophist on June 24, 2010, 02:40:13 PM
Are you being sarcastic?

Its been weird.

That's a lot right there. Sorry to hear this....be well.

Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.

sls.stormyrider

Quote from: goodabouthood on June 24, 2010, 03:25:28 PM
Quote from: sophist on June 24, 2010, 02:40:13 PM
Are you being sarcastic?

Its been weird.

That's a lot right there. Sorry to hear this....be well.

sorry to thear that, Gumbo.
I can think of a few other words I would use besides wierd.
"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

VA $l!m

"Got a blank Space where my mind should be!" :crazy: classic phish lyric,updated v3.1
-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-