News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

2018-10-21 - Hampton Coliseum - Hampton, VA

Started by ytowndan, October 21, 2018, 11:54:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VDB

Quote from: rowjimmy on October 23, 2018, 02:02:23 PM
Quote from: VDB on October 23, 2018, 01:30:20 PM
Two encores but no Tweeprise? Bah! Gimme my money back!

jk it was awesome

Quote from: rowjimmy on October 22, 2018, 08:49:55 AM
We are still in the freezer, you guys.

I'll take that as a Halloween prediction!
Is this still Wombat?

Buffalo Budd

That Simple is everything I love about Phish.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

WhatstheUse?

diggin' this Simple jam. Pretty patient jamming all around.... I like how it kinda felt like Mike was fighting Trey on the major modulation at the end. Alas, Trey wins that fight.

You also don't ever get that staight-up-beats-on-the-ride-cymbal Fish beat outside of Weekapaugs... so that's a thing.
Bring in the dude!

Gumbo72203

Quote from: WhatstheUse? on October 24, 2018, 11:53:44 AM
diggin' this Simple jam. Pretty patient jamming all around.... I like how it kinda felt like Mike was fighting Trey on the major modulation at the end. Alas, Trey wins that fight.

You also don't ever get that staight-up-beats-on-the-ride-cymbal Fish beat outside of Weekapaugs... so that's a thing.

Yeah I loved that end of Simple where for a few bars Trey played the riff and Fish still had that beat going.  Saw It Again has kind of the same drum beat as Weekapaug tho, but I don't think Fish ever plays that on the ride cymbal. 

This Simple is fucking incredible.  May be jam of the tour. 
"Just drink some water, and breathe through your nose."  -Slim, 3/7/09

Quote from: redrum on April 04, 2010, 07:45:51 PM
%% with alternated lyrics about a 1995 jeep cherokee that was also sacraficed on this tour.

Quote from: blatboom on November 04, 2012, 08:46:54 PM
I think I got it but he's such a spaz he'll probably never open this thread again

sls.stormyrider

Yea that ride pattern was cool. Added some tension / energy
Thought Trey  tweezed tweeprise in skin it back
And Simple...
"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

rowjimmy

Quote from: slslbs on October 24, 2018, 08:19:07 PM

Thought Trey  tweezed tweeprise in skin it back
And Simple...

Just reminding us that we were still in the freezer.

emay

gah

Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.