News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Need help hosting a kinda large file....

Started by Marmar, July 07, 2008, 10:45:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marmar

So....I'm sure none of you were aware that in my spare time, I DJ on the side for fun and extra chedda...(I used to be much better back in the day)...So, last week as part of the celebrations I was asked to DJ at a friends club......so I did......I recorded the final 2+ hrs of my set (I ended up doing about 5 hrs!) and I'd love to get it out there for any of you club freaks.....the portion I recorded was after I did my hour long thug crap....it started a lil before 1am, and I ended shortly after 3.....so, most of this part is House, Electro/Funk, and Bmore House......with some tongue in cheek remixing on my part....Done using Ableton Live, 2-Tech 1200mkII's w/Serato, and an Akai Sampler....I had to record the output from the Booth due to all the crap I had plugged in, so you're basically gonna hear what I was hearing in the booth....it still came out amazingly good though.....the only train wreck happened when I had to hit the restroom and I wasn't at the decks....lol.

Here's the issue.....it's 1.5gigs as a single wave.....947MB as 2 FLAC files....200MB as 2 192kbps MP3's

I need a good tracker, or webspace to put this sucker on, none of the file sharing sites allow for files this large.....HELP! I know that uTorrent has a built in tracker, but can anyone tell me how it works? Otherwise, I'll have to host it some place i really don't want to.....I'm no pro DJ, and I'd HATE to see this up on a public tracker because of that fact.....

Tracklist (as best I can remember):

Walk Like An Egyptian - The Bengals
-
Dreaming - Blondie
Rock With You - Janet Jackson
Ultimate Funk - Bob Sinclar
Pride - U2 (Marmar Remix)
Tiny Dancer - Elton John (White Label)
Call On Me - Eric Prydz Remix
Need You Tonight - INXS (Jon Gill Remix)
-
-
Mr Wendel - Arrested Development (Perfecto Remix)
The Pimp - Fatboy Slim
So Krispy - Kia Shine (Marmar Live Edit)
Dildo - Unknown (Marmar Live Edit)
My Moon My Man - Feist (BoyzNoizeRmx)
Billie Jean - Micheal Jackson (Mar's House Edit)
All Night Long - Lionel Ritchie (White Label)
Drop It Like It's Hot - Snoop Dogg (Marmar's Live Re-Edit)
Sweet Percolator - Cajmere (Bmore Edit)
Jump In Line - (John Bourke Bmore Mix)
Big Country - (Bird Peterson Mountainside Sex Mix)      <-------the mix into this was the train wreck
Your Love - The Outfield (Marmar's Roctakon Edit)
Don't Stop Believing - Journey (DJ Serafin Bmore Mix)
Tom's Diner - Suzanne Vega (Tittsworth Remix)
Heaven - Belinda Carlisle (Danny Diggz RMX)
Ferris Bueller Theme - (Hollertronix)
Single Ladies - K-Swift
I'm Rick James - Unknown
Fuck Yo Couch - Unknown
Shake Yo Ass - Mystikal (Marmar live re-edit)
Move On Up - Curtis Mayfield (DJ Ayers Bmore Edit)
Sunday Morning - The Commodores (Tittsworth)
Proper Education - Eric Prydz
Blinded By The Light - Manfred Mann (Micheal Mind Edit)
Don't Stop Now - Josh The Funky 1
Intergalactic - Beastie Boys (DJ Jackin Edit)
To Protect And Entertain - Busy P (Crookers Remix)       <------FUCKIN HOT
Sabotage - Beastie Boys (DJ Kue's OMG Remix)
Lick Shots - Missy Elliott (Marmar's Live Edit of Chu FU's H-Mix)
Dangerous - Busta Rhymes (DJ Dainjah Remix)
Hit The Road Jack - Ray Charles (Engineerz of Soul)
Babe I'm Gonna Leave You - Led Zeppelin (Perfecto Edit)
Perfect - Smashing Pumpkins (Perfecto Edit)
Remind Me - Royksopp (Marmar Live Edit)
Mad World - Gary Jules (Marmar's White Label Remix)
The Sound of Goodbye - Perpetual Dreamer (Armin Van Helden Tribal Edit)
Flashing For Money - Deep Dish (Sultan Radio Edit)
Long Time - Boston (Marmar's Live Edit)
Who's the Marmar? I'm the Marmar!!!

Phish doesn't write beautiful music...the beautiful music happens after the written parts.

<gainesvillegreen> now, if they could get their sound to be as good as the lights, we'd have a band hee-yah!!

Music is what feelings sound like.

thechad

I'm sorry that I can't help out with that, but once you get up somewhere pleas post a link.  It looks like it's sick.  :-o
"There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese."          -Bobby Finstock

alcoholandcoffeebeans

i think i mentioned to you yesterday that sendspace does 300mb uploads.... and i think that would work.

my moon, my man..............

i can't wait to hear this :)
honest to the point of recklessness...                     ♫ ♪ ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılı ♪ ♫

ytowndan

I'm curious to hear this too.  My buddy dj's, and he has almost the same set up.  He just got the whole Serato package.  No more crates of vinyl to lug around.  Pretty cool stuff. 
Quote from: nab on July 27, 2007, 12:20:24 AM
You never drink alone when you have something good to listen to.

Marmar

Phish doesn't write beautiful music...the beautiful music happens after the written parts.

<gainesvillegreen> now, if they could get their sound to be as good as the lights, we'd have a band hee-yah!!

alcoholandcoffeebeans

DAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!

get it. seriously.

if i know you and your shit, here and there, you'll dig it :)
honest to the point of recklessness...                     ♫ ♪ ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılı ♪ ♫

thechad

Sweet thanks yo, just finished listening and it was fucking awesome! :banana: :banana: :banana: :clap:
"There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese."          -Bobby Finstock

Marmar

ytowndan

Nice mar!  I just finished part one.  You're one creative mofo with some of these mixes.  Good job man. 

:beers:

Marmar

wow.....thanks :)

If you'd like, I can maybe start posting every week or every other week up here if you are all diggin it that much.....It's a weekly gig, so I'll have MANY more sets to record and post if you would like......This week was SILLY....I decided to start practicing a lil bit more, and this week I went a lil more turntablist.....

Lemme know what ya think....if ya want me to post more, I can and will....

ytowndan

I'd definitely keep grabbing them.  I really dig different remixes/mash-ups, especially when they're done live.   8-)