News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

MLB 2016

Started by mattstick, March 30, 2016, 12:32:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

antelope19

I could watch Bautista get punched in the face over and over for hours.

I can't stand that guy

*-my opinion has nothing to do with the bat flip from the playoffs last year. I actually didn't think he did anything wrong. And I hate taking up for a guy like that.
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

Lifeboy

I didn't see anything wrong with the bat flip either.

Regardless, Bautista is a punk.
Quote from: mistercharlie on March 10, 2010, 10:41:36 PMTo know me is to know my love of Phish.  :smoke:

mattstick

I'm sure I'll hate Bautista when he plays for the Yankees next year, but every single baseball fan would love him if he was on their team... so if you think he's a punk or like seeing him get punched, just be OK knowing that fans of the other 29 teams want to see your favourite player get punched in the face too.

DoW

definitely want to see a Texas/Toronto playoff series.

I want to clock Cespedes half the time and he is still on my favorite team.
Music is meant to be heard
***Support Bands That Allow Taping/Trading***

http://archive.org/search.php?query=taper%3A%22Brian%20V.%22&sort=-publicdate

mattstick

I wish everyone was as cool as Prince Fielder who got hit, didn't care and walked to first base.

Texas was literally willing to put the tying run on base just to get petty revenge, I think that says something about their team...

Lifeboy

Quote from: mattstick on May 16, 2016, 11:18:43 AM

I'm sure I'll hate Bautista when he plays for the Yankees next year, but every single baseball fan would love him if he was on their team... so if you think he's a punk or like seeing him get punched, just be OK knowing that fans of the other 29 teams want to see your favourite player get punched in the face too.

I am perfectly OK with that. That's part of being a sports fan. I couldn't care less what another team's fans may or may not think about my favorite player.

Thanks for making sure though I was aware though  :wink:

eta - and I didn't mean that in a jerk way. Just kidding around...
Quote from: mistercharlie on March 10, 2010, 10:41:36 PMTo know me is to know my love of Phish.  :smoke:

Lifeboy

I also think I would feel the same way about Bautista regardless of who he played for though.

mattstick

Quote from: Lifeboy on May 15, 2016, 07:57:54 PM
I must admit, I thoroughly enjoyed seeing Bautista's punk ass get CLOCKED. I feel like hes had that coming for a while.

Quote from: Lifeboy on May 16, 2016, 12:44:58 PM
I am perfectly OK with that. That's part of being a sports fan. I couldn't care less what another team's fans may or may not think about my favorite player.

I don't think rooting for men to be "CLOCKED" in the face is really "what being a sports fan" is all about.

antelope19

Quote from: Lifeboy on May 16, 2016, 12:47:09 PM
I also think I would feel the same way about Bautista regardless of who he played for though.

This.

I used to feel the same way about Bryce Harper, but he seems to be growing on me for some reason. And yes, I'm sure there are a bunch of people out there that would love to watch Machado get clocked. He's a punk too.
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

Lifeboy

Quote from: mattstick on May 16, 2016, 01:25:46 PM
I must admit, I thoroughly enjoyed seeing Bautista's punk ass get CLOCKED. I feel like hes had that coming for a while.

I don't think rooting for men to be "CLOCKED" in the face is really "what being a sports fan" is all about.

Sure it is. Part of it, anyway. I seriously dislike Bautista, and I believe he deserved a punch in the face. I could say that about several other players, just like the fans of the other 29 teams you mentioned.

DoW

if you are watching and feel this dislike and hatred, you are all doing it wrong.
sports are entertainment.  entertainment is supposed to be fun. 

now the umpires in the Mets/Rockies series on the other hand  :evil:

emay

Quote from: mattstick on May 16, 2016, 01:25:46 PM

the handful of people that think boxing is a sport just got offended

Lifeboy

:hereitisyousentimentalbastard

I grew up watching boxing. I love it, and rent most of the PPVs. My dad is a huge fan. I keep up with it for the most part.

DoW

Quote from: mattstick on May 15, 2016, 08:36:53 PM

Desmond totally flipped his bat the half-inning before they hit Bautista for flipping his bat... last October.

Rangers are trash, Odor should get 8 games, then lose his job when Profar comes up.
good call on the 8 games.

Lifeboy

Rough week for Gibbons...