News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

T-Mobile

Started by VDB, June 23, 2014, 04:14:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VDB

I've been on AT&T forever. T-Mobile plans looking pretty good though...

Anyone have good/bad things to say about this outfit?
Is this still Wombat?

runawayjimbo

The chick in the commercials is hot.

You're welcome.
Quote from: DoW on October 26, 2013, 09:06:17 PM
I'm drunk but that was epuc

Quote from: mehead on June 22, 2016, 11:52:42 PM
The Line still sucks. Hard.

Quote from: Gumbo72203 on July 25, 2017, 08:21:56 PM
well boys, we fucked up by not being there.

rowjimmy

We had tmobile for years at work.

Would never go back.

GBL

Every mobile company sucks one way or another..

I've had Sprint for 9 years and it works fine enough for me

:|
If this is love, I'm never going home..

mehead

I bailed on them a few years ago and am happy with Verizon.
His eyes were clean and pure but his mind was so deranged

VDB

Quote from: rowjimmy on June 23, 2014, 05:23:23 PM
We had tmobile for years at work.

Would never go back.

Do you mean never go back to t-mobile or never go back to life before t-mobile?
Is this still Wombat?

rowjimmy

T-Mobile is cheap.
You get what you pay for.

I would not be under contract to them ever again.

runawayjimbo

#BanT-Mobile

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/06/19/tmobile-ceo-rape_n_5511693.html

T-Mobile CEO John Legere: AT&T And Verizon Are 'Raping You'

T-Mobile's foulmouthed chief executive may finally want to bite his tongue.

During an expletive-laced presentation at a company event on Wednesday, CEO John Legere compared the prices of rivals AT&T and Verizon to rape, infuriating many who felt he had finally taken his hyperbole too far.

"These high and might duopolists that are raping you for every penny you have, if they could do something nice for you they would," he said on stage at Seattle's Paramount Theatre. "The fuckers hate you."

He apologized on Thursday afternoon:

QuoteI know I have an Rated R vocabulary, but even I can go too far. Sincere apologies to anyone offended last night
— John Legere (@JohnLegere) June 19, 2014

Legere was discussing marketing ploys by AT&T and Verizon, which together share about 60 percent of the U.S. mobile market.

The remark stirred anger, not at T-Mobile's competitors, but at Legere:
@TMobile explain CEO Legere's comments that compared corporate tactics to rape? Or you gonna play the silent game?
— Matthew the ΚΚΨ Jedi (@blacksaber1993) June 19, 2014

Quote@BloombergNews I'm sick of this. Both the "Carrier war" and the casual tossing around of "rape". I have @TMobile but their CEO makes me ill.
— Keri Imrisek (@KeriImrisek) June 19, 2014

Quote"@TIME: T-Mobile's CEO: AT&T and Verizon are 'raping you' http://t.co/xBsxgRR3cf" here we go with the rape comparisons. Smh. Jackass.
— كلا (@thirdeyesquints) June 19, 2014

T-Mobile spokeswoman Tolena Thorburn declined to comment about the remark except to direct The Huffington Post to Legere's tweet and a video replay of the event on the company's website.

Legere has a history of bashing his rivals, but he seems particularly peeved about Amazon's decision to exclusively offer its new Fire Phone on AT&T's network.

QuoteLet's hope @amazon doesn't fall victim to the @att curse that is the facebook phone. #onemonth
— John Legere (@JohnLegere) June 17, 2014

Known for his off-the-cuff style, Legere has long swapped the decorum exercised by most executives for language that may help him seem real and accessible.

In this case, he might have gone too far.
Quote from: DoW on October 26, 2013, 09:06:17 PM
I'm drunk but that was epuc

Quote from: mehead on June 22, 2016, 11:52:42 PM
The Line still sucks. Hard.

Quote from: Gumbo72203 on July 25, 2017, 08:21:56 PM
well boys, we fucked up by not being there.

VDB

Is this still Wombat?

kellerb

Verizon's service is solid.

They have historically been overpriced, but their new "more everything" setup has some cheaper plans.  I pay ~$62/month for unlimited talk/texts and 250MB of smartphone data.

Multibeast12

I had verizon and got sick of paying that much so switched to tmobile. It is as mediocre as you can expect. I currently use cricket, which is 45 a month and uses AT&T. I have never had a problem yet, and don't see me leaving it.

VDB

Also curious what specifically people didn't like about t-mobile. They're making a big deal these days about their "fastest in the nation" LTE network, and according to an online map there's good coverage here. (Not like AT&T kicks ass in that department either, at least at my house and work.)
Is this still Wombat?

rowjimmy

Their coverage was never what it was cracked up to be.
Depending on where you live & roam that could be an issue.

When visiting my inlaws, my t-mobile work phone was no better than a paperweight whereas my Verizon phone was full on digital data.

The customer service was sub-par. We had corporate service and it was sub-par and when you pay more for it you should get more.

jasonsobel

Quote from: kellerb on June 24, 2014, 10:11:26 AM
Verizon's service is solid.

They have historically been overpriced, but their new "more everything" setup has some cheaper plans.  I pay ~$62/month for unlimited talk/texts and 250MB of smartphone data.

yes and no.  After having Verizon for 9 years, I switched to AT&T last November (their pre-paid GoPhone service), mostly because it was cheaper.  But I've also found that AT&T's coverage is better than Verizon's.  At least in the greater Boston area.  I pay $63 a month for unlimited talk/texts, and 2.5gb of data.
sing me back home before I die

VDB

Here's my dilemma.

I have a Google Voice number that I want to swap with my cell number and vice versa. So I'd port in the GV number then send the AT&T one out to GV. The helpful (lol) customer service people at AT&T tell me this isn't possible without giving up my grandfathered unlimited data plan. So I can pull of what I'm trying to do by switching to a carrier that offers unlimited data (Sprint or T-Mobile), but then there are the concerns about the quality of those networks.

I guess another consideration is whether giving up unlimited data on AT&T is no big deal, but even the AT&T employee at the store put himself in my shoes and wouldn't even consider it. It's not as though I usually go high on my data usage, but you never know what the future may hold and once it's gone, it's gone.
Is this still Wombat?