News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Week4paug Needs [Suggestion Box]

Started by ucusty, November 09, 2006, 10:14:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Undermind

I'm not sure this is the right place for this, but nothing quite fit this topic.  I think it would be cool if the recent post section on the front page was expanded to the past 10 or 15 posts.  What is everyone's thoughts?
Trey at Darien Music Center on 8/13/09 while paying respect to Les Paul
Quote...and hopefully we'll be playing well into our nineties and hopefully you guys will be there too

Phish Video Collection Blog

WhatstheUse?

I never even look at that page.... I always use the "Show unread posts since last visit."

Bring in the dude!

DoW

I don't think that would look good cosmetically.

I think it works fine the way it is but I think another option would be to have the last 5 threads posted to.  would serve a similar purpose and not change the look of the site.

but I think it is fine the way it is.
Music is meant to be heard
***Support Bands That Allow Taping/Trading***

http://archive.org/search.php?query=taper%3A%22Brian%20V.%22&sort=-publicdate

Undermind

Quote from: bvaz on April 30, 2009, 06:38:12 PM
I don't think that would look good cosmetically.

I think it works fine the way it is but I think another option would be to have the last 5 threads posted to.  would serve a similar purpose and not change the look of the site.

but I think it is fine the way it is.

I hear you.  Maybe an option to display 10 or 15 posts if you want to?
Quote...and hopefully we'll be playing well into our nineties and hopefully you guys will be there too

fauxpaxfauxreal

If you look to the left of the window with the subjects in it, there is a little avatar that looks like a notebook.

If you click this notebook, you will see all of the posts in order beyond the five...

...maybe this helps?

tet

no way to change that, unfortunately... 

and yes, faux is right.  that does help - good safety tip, thank you Egon...

"We want you to be happy"
-Phish

Undermind

Quote from: fauxpaxfauxreal on April 30, 2009, 08:35:06 PM
If you look to the left of the window with the subjects in it, there is a little avatar that looks like a notebook.

If you click this notebook, you will see all of the posts in order beyond the five...

...maybe this helps?

Perfect!
Thanks Man. :beers:

Mr Minor

Quote from: deuce2_420 on April 30, 2009, 09:59:22 PM

...maybe this helps?

Perfect!

Nice.  I like it.  Never knew that before.  Thanks!

blatboom

Quote from: Mr Minor on May 01, 2009, 08:32:18 AM

...maybe this helps?

Perfect!

I never knew that either, but I just don't like browsing that way for some reason (I never use Show Posts since last visit either)

I've always just started at the main page and if a subforum has new posts I go to it and check the threads with new posts.  works fine for me

khalpin

Quote from: blatboom on May 01, 2009, 09:58:26 AM

...maybe this helps?

Perfect!

I never knew that either, but I just don't like browsing that way for some reason (I never use Show Posts since last visit either)

I've always just started at the main page and if a subforum has new posts I go to it and check the threads with new posts.  works fine for me
My most visited web address that's at the top of my Firefox drop down:
http://week4paug.net/index.php?action=unread

blatboom

Quote from: khalpin on May 01, 2009, 10:07:44 AM
Quote from: blatboom on May 01, 2009, 09:58:26 AM

...maybe this helps?

Perfect!

My most visited web address that's at the top of my Firefox drop down:
http://week4paug.net/index.php?action=unread

damn I didn't know about that either.  that's a little more my speed, but I think I'm too set in my ways at this point.

n/m I'm a little slow this morning.........

Caravan2001

what happened to

"New Replys to Your Posts"

and
"unread posts since last visit"

??

guyforget

did you accidentally click the minus (-) on the top right? 

see if there is a + up there on the right, under the logo box, and click that?
-AD_

blatboom

Quote from: blatboom on March 04, 2009, 04:37:11 PM
are you guys planning on starting a section for New Show reviews?  those that attended could post their experiences and those that can only listen could post reviews of the music..

something in the model of the Show Club board would serve nicely I think...

I'd still like to see this happen now that we got a real tour about to kick off   :-)

kellerb

Quote from: blatboom on May 30, 2009, 04:04:42 PM
Quote from: blatboom on March 04, 2009, 04:37:11 PM
are you guys planning on starting a section for New Show reviews?  those that attended could post their experiences and those that can only listen could post reviews of the music..

something in the model of the Show Club board would serve nicely I think...

I'd still like to see this happen now that we got a real tour about to kick off   :-)

I think it would also help cut down on the "8-different-similarly-named-threads-about-each-show" clutter