News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Re: Miami Battle

Started by UncleEbinezer, January 15, 2010, 03:12:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

UncleEbinezer

Quote from: bvaz
if you ever gacve me free beer, I'd bankrupt you  :-D

guyforget

Quote from: fauxpaxfauxreal on January 15, 2010, 03:35:51 PM
FWIW, Mattstick took it to a personal level when he said "fuck you faux".  I hadn't said anything offensive up until that point.  If I got my panties in a bunch, I'd hope someone would let me know too.  I think this meltd0wn has been much ado about nothing.  I'm surprised that he deleted posts instead of moving them, especially after I suggested it.

i disagree with this.  and i hate for yet another thread to turn into a thread about your misconceptions, fpfr, but i feel like hashing it out is the only thing thats going to lead us to any sort of understanding. 

the first off-topic post that makes this thread about mattstick is yours:

Quote from: fauxpaxfauxreal on January 14, 2010, 10:14:54 AM
RC:  Knew mattstick was one of the two '03 votes?

Signed,

FPFR

read the thread from there.  mattstick doesnt take offense to the statement, though i sense a tinge of condescension in it.  he says he hasnt voted yet, and continues to clarify his opinion. 

more people chime in, in agreement and disagreement. 

you say:

Quote from: fauxpaxfauxreal on January 14, 2010, 06:20:29 PM
I'm of the opinion that anyone who doesn't think that 12/29 smokes should turn in their phish card.

more condescension.  i should turn in my phish card.  whoop-de-fuckin doo.  but yet again, nobody takes the bait.

Quote from: fauxpaxfauxreal on January 15, 2010, 12:18:26 PM
Quote from: thatfargone on January 15, 2010, 12:16:07 PM
Yeah, I don't get this at all. :?  The rough transition into the song when the drums start is intentionally bad and sloppy to sell the "prank"  The whole first few measures slowly get better and better as "Sarah" gets her footing.

To be fair, I think this whole thread is Matt trying to rationalize that he didn't make a mistake by not going to Miami (he did.).

another sort-of condescending post about matt, clarifying only that you disagree with him, but not in what ways or why. 

finally, matt obliges w/ a slight retort

Quote from: mattstick on January 15, 2010, 01:48:12 PM
The only thing I can guess is that you're like a kid and Miami 09 is a new shiny toy.

Did you really list Gin & Simple as stand-outs?

but, unlike yours above his, he actually keeps it on topic, asking for clarification re: gin and simple. 

conversation degrades from there to "im glad you weren't there," which yet again, i disagree and think thats the first blatantly offensive thing youve said.  i also thought it was incredibly rude when you said "i hope phish keeps playing in the same vein and you stop going to phish shows" to susep73 the other week, but i hoped that this was some tongue-in-cheek thing that i just didnt get.  but to say those things to another dedicated, committed phan who is a valued contributing member of this community is just beyond rude in my opinion. 

-AD_

fauxpaxfauxreal

I tried to do a private message with this, but it didn't go through...so here you go.

Thanks for properly modding the thread and responding with your thoughts.  That's totally constructive.

Me and mattstick are in pm's now and basically I told him he should have pm'd me sooner and just said "we got the point with '09, let some other people chime in".

Most of what you have a problem with are patented faux-isms that i figured people should know I'm not serious about.

However, I think I should be allowed to say ""I'm glad you didn't go!"?" (note the question mark) when someone has already said that they were glad they didn't go.  I was not being mean with that statement and it shouldn't be offensive, imo.

+K for being a fair mod.

guyforget

im glad that you understand what im saying.  maybe i dont get the faux-isms, maybe i should get you a smiley as an indication of these things. 
-AD_

fauxpaxfauxreal

Quote from: guyforget on January 15, 2010, 04:09:32 PM
im glad that you understand what im saying.  maybe i dont get the faux-isms, maybe i should get you a smiley as an indication of these things.

I'd prefer it if you got me a job and a girlfriend and people that understand me and love being around me in real life!

I'm sure everyone else would too...since the paug would get a lot more constructive and new traffic at that point.

Maybe a good faux smiley would be "Chris Burke" from life goes on...or maybe someone everyone thinks is a loser like "Glenn Beck" or "Pat Robertson" or anything.

Again I apologize for derailing the thread, it really wasn't my intent.

Also, thanks again for being such a fair mod.  I know I annoy you, but the fact that I'm still here and you stick up for my right to be here is a testament to how fucking cool you are.

Hopefully one day I can buy you a beer and we can laugh at how stupidly I act.

fauxpaxfauxreal

I could refuse to point out at this point that splitting the thread to this board has stopped the meltd0wn and that would be entirely selfish of me.

So, I'll live up to my name here and do just that.

Crisis Averted'd.