News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

MARCH MADNESS!

Started by antelope19, March 17, 2011, 06:38:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fauxpaxfauxreal

Quote from: mirthbeatenworker on March 21, 2011, 07:44:29 PM
dont think i have ever watched a march madness game, but i hear my alma mater, Marquette, is doing well, which is nice.

I didn't know you went to Marquette.  I grew up in Brown Deer.

barnesy305

antelope19

Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

zimbra

That game was AWFUL!   :x
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

Lifeboy

Struggling against a team who shot 18%, lol.
Quote from: mistercharlie on March 10, 2010, 10:41:36 PMTo know me is to know my love of Phish.  :smoke:

mattstick

http://withleather.uproxx.com/2011/04/thats-it-im-done-with-gambling

Diana Inch is a 44-year old high school librarian and girls soccer coach in Oregon. She is also the only person out of 3 million entrants in the Yahoo! Tourney Pick 'Em to correctly predict the Final Four teams. She also correctly predicted Connecticut and Butler in the Championship game, and sure enough she had the Huskies winning the title. So how did this seemingly extraordinary sports genius make her predictions? By using her favorite numbers and picking dogs and cats, of course.

Inch's formula included her favorite numbers and team mascots. She titled her entry Di's 711 XV Cats & Dogs. In the first round she picked the No. 7 and 11 seeds in almost every round. In ensuing rounds she picked according to team mascots, leaning to those with cats or dogs.

"I have watched the games on my computer," Inch said. "I'm as surprised as anyone that I got the Final Four." (Via the Albany Democrat-Herald)

Why are you surprised, Diana? This is how it always happens. You should try fantasy football next year and draft your team based on which player has the cutest ass.

Unfortunately for Diana, though, her luck has brought her no instant wealth, and just some bragging rights. Even before UConn won the (incredibly boring) championship game last night, Diana was in 781st place in the Yahoo! competition, 13 wins behind the first place entrant, so she won't see any of the $5,000 top prize. But with that cushy high school librarian/soccer coach salary, she hardly needs it.

antelope19

Bump! It all starts today!

VDB

Need St. Mary's to complete the comeback here...
Is this still Wombat?

antelope19

sorry, bro.  If Memphis wins, I'm 5 for 5 so far today. 

Igbo

antelope19

antelope19

Southern is hanging with Gonzaga so far through the first half!

JPhishman

"Be sure your expectations are reasonable." - fortune cookie

antelope19

barnesy305