News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Live Bait Vol. 14

Started by emay, July 02, 2018, 03:56:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

emay

http://www.livephish.com/browse/music/0,1214/Phish-mp3-flac-download-Live-Bait-Vol-14

TRACKS
1. Harry Hood (8/2/97 Gorge Amphitheatre - George, WA) 18:11
2. McGrupp And The Watchful Hosemasters (10/29/98 Greek Theatre - Los Angeles, CA) 11:45
3. Wolfman's Brother (9/24/99 South Park Meadows - Austin, TX) 18:55
4. Gotta Jibboo > Saw It Again > Magilla (7/4/00 E Centre - Camden, NJ) 39:28
5. What's The Use? (6/25/00 Alltel Pavilion at Walnut Creek - Raleigh, NC) 9:52
6. Runaway Jim (7/9/99 Merriweather Post Pavilion - Columbia, MD) 12:21
7. Tweezer > Prince Caspian (8/22/15 Magnaball, Watkins Glen International - Watkins Glen, NY) 34:17

- Production Credits:
tracks 1-6 recorded by Paul Languedoc
track 7 recorded by Jon Altschiller
compiled by Kevin Shapiro

Great picks, love the hood and that mcgrupp!

pcr3

Sick.  I still vividly remember my buddy asking me if this was still Jibboo every few minutes of that 7/4 show.
"I'm singlehandedly responsible for poisoning the entire local ecosystem with all my fluids spilling onto the ground." -birdman, while plowing

"Mushrooms were a good idea!" -wtu

http://phish.net/myshows/prizzi3

Gumbo72203

Went straight for that Jibboo.  I've been thumping this jam for YEARS and it never really seems to gain traction, but man...  what a piece of music!  I guess this axes the hopes of those shows getting officially released in full, but man... i'm so glad we finally got this.  The aud tapes were never all that great. 

Surprised they don't let you buy the FLACs of these tracks though.  I'm sure many people would pony up for that. 
"Just drink some water, and breathe through your nose."  -Slim, 3/7/09

Quote from: redrum on April 04, 2010, 07:45:51 PM
%% with alternated lyrics about a 1995 jeep cherokee that was also sacraficed on this tour.

Quote from: blatboom on November 04, 2012, 08:46:54 PM
I think I got it but he's such a spaz he'll probably never open this thread again

emay

Quote from: Gumbo72203 on July 02, 2018, 04:24:34 PM
Went straight for that Jibboo.  I've been thumping this jam for YEARS and it never really seems to gain traction, but man...  what a piece of music!  I guess this axes the hopes of those shows getting officially released in full, but man... i'm so glad we finally got this.  The aud tapes were never all that great. 

Surprised they don't let you buy the FLACs of these tracks though.  I'm sure many people would pony up for that.

That with the Twist > Slave from the other Live Bait and you have the meat/2nd set of 7/4/00

Gumbo72203

You're right!  A full 2000 2nd set! 

Man, so many more details are emerging from this Jibboo that were obscured by the aud.  They almost get into a 11/7/98 ACDC Bag section there around 13-14 mins or so.  It's funny tho cuz i remember the jam being heavy on the backwards guitar, and that hasn't materialized yet.  Only 17 minutes in though. 

The main Type I portion of this jam, though....  my god.  What activity from everyone!   I feel like they're playing just a touch faster than usual, and it works so well. 

Pay Jorgan around 18:00!!  New tonal center at 19:30.  Maybe this is when the backwards shred comes in...     ah yes!  21:00 here we gooooo   Page on the synth and Trey spraying us with Hendrix lava!

"Just drink some water, and breathe through your nose."  -Slim, 3/7/09

Quote from: redrum on April 04, 2010, 07:45:51 PM
%% with alternated lyrics about a 1995 jeep cherokee that was also sacraficed on this tour.

Quote from: blatboom on November 04, 2012, 08:46:54 PM
I think I got it but he's such a spaz he'll probably never open this thread again

mbw

This Wolfmans is of the sock knocking off variety.

PIE-GUY

Quote from: mbw on July 02, 2018, 05:34:55 PM
This Wolfmans is of the sock knocking off variety.

I witnessed this one in person. Twas a great night.
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

mistercharlie

Some great selections on this one, and the obligatory 3.0 jam taboot. I'm a happy man.

They do... Just a little later on. I've got the older ones in flac.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

WhatstheUse?

This Wolfman's has got it all  :rawk: :banana: :smoke:
Bring in the dude!

antelope19

Littered with selections from shows I happened to catch. Love it.
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

khalpin

I guess this axes the hopes of those shows getting officially released in full
Wouldn't be the first time they did an official release of a show that was already featured on a Live Bait.

Buffalo Budd

Just listened to this Harry Hood last week, stoked to get a clean sounding version.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

anthrax

finally!  i can't wait to crank this hood and see if i can hear the sound of hard plastic smacking against heads!!

susep

Went straight to McGrupp, Fall '98.   :music:

anthrax

Quote from: susep on July 03, 2018, 06:40:09 PM
Went straight to McGrupp, Fall '98.   :music:
This was the only show from LB14 I was at, and it was fantastic.  Reba from this show is excellent,  too!