News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Game of Thrones

Started by cactusfan, December 07, 2010, 03:50:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ytowndan

Quote from: nab on July 27, 2007, 12:20:24 AM
You never drink alone when you have something good to listen to.

ytowndan

So, the first four episodes have leaked. 

Do I watch them as they air?  Or, do I give in and binge them this weekend...putting myself in the shitty position of having to wait almost a month for a new episode?  :|

This might be the most severe of first world problems.

rowjimmy

Our ways are the old ways. We will watch them as they air.

-------

Last night was a good start.

mistercharlie

Quote from: rowjimmy on April 13, 2015, 10:04:04 AM

-------

RJ still prays in the godswoods. The Seven Gods be damned to their seven hells.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

ytowndan

Quote from: mistercharlie on April 13, 2015, 10:54:47 AM
Quote from: rowjimmy on April 13, 2015, 10:04:04 AM

-------

RJ still prays in the godswoods. The Seven Gods be damned to their seven hells.

Heh.  I decided to go with the old ways, too.  After all, it's almost half of the season, and I heard they're standard def screeners with the lower left corner blurred out to obscure the serial number.  No thanks.

That being said, I dug the opener.  My only complaint was no Arya, but from the looks of the preview we'll get there next week. 

Also, I'm digging the whole Tyrion/Varys story.  Looks like we'll have a Crosby/Hope style "Road to Meereen."

rowjimmy

Quote from: ytowndan on April 14, 2015, 02:40:39 AM
Also, I'm digging the whole Tyrion/Varys story.  Looks like we'll have a Crosby/Hope style "Road to Meereen."

Really hope that, after this season, someone makes that supercut.

westcider

i watched all four episodes, and will say that the end of episode four is a horrible place to have to wait a month for a new episode

emay

Have only watched the first ep of the season.
Good start

rowjimmy

Quote from: westcider on April 14, 2015, 08:36:36 PM
i watched all four episodes, and will say that the end of episode four is a horrible place to have to wait a month for a new episode

This is a hell of your own making.
I suggest you go pray on this in the Godswood.

mbw

Quote from: ytowndan on April 12, 2015, 03:06:57 AM
So, the first four episodes have leaked. 

Do I watch them as they air?  Or, do I give in and binge them this weekend...putting myself in the shitty position of having to wait almost a month for a new episode?  :|

This might be the most severe of first world problems.

we're here for you.

westcider

Quote from: rowjimmy on April 15, 2015, 01:20:16 PM
Quote from: westcider on April 14, 2015, 08:36:36 PM

This is a hell of your own making.
I suggest you go pray on this in the Godswood.

I realize this, I am trying to help others make better decisions in life than I have.

the house across the street has a tree with a face on it, I'm headed over there now.

rowjimmy

Ok. Last night's episode was cool and tipped nicely toward one of my favorite fan-of-the-books theories.

VDB

Too much day drinking. Need to watch last night's episode again.
Worse problems to have, I suppose.
Is this still Wombat?

mistercharlie

George R.R. Martin is a Deadhead!!!!!! The weirwood trees are named after Bobby.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/george-rr-martin-confirms-grateful-793202

Quote from: rowjimmy on May 04, 2015, 10:02:07 AM
Ok. Last night's episode was cool and tipped nicely toward one of my favorite fan-of-the-books theories.

I liked that as well.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

ytowndan

Not much chat in here. 

I thought last week's episode was the best of the season so far.  Loved Tyrion and Jorah's sequence in Valeria. 

As for this week...that final scene had my fists balled up in anger.  I was really, really hoping Theon would save the day by snapping Ramsay's neck.  Also, was it just me, or was the fight scene with the Sand Snakes the most cheesy, choreographed looking fight they've ever done?  It's a very small thing to complain about, but I'm more or less curious if I was the only one thinking that.