News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

2016/01/15-17 - Riviera Maya - Mexico

Started by runawayjimbo, September 18, 2015, 03:53:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VDB

I dunno but I got another call from CID today, apparently some of the primo rooms are available at the Barcelo Maya. With all the dire warnings about NO CANCELLATIONS OR EXCHANGES I'm not sure where these extra rooms are coming from. Maybe regular old tourists who booked months ago and are now accepting incentives to reschedule?
Is this still Wombat?

Caravan2001

Quote from: VDB on December 08, 2015, 08:47:03 PM
I dunno but I got another call from CID today, apparently some of the primo rooms are available at the Barcelo Maya. With all the dire warnings about NO CANCELLATIONS OR EXCHANGES I'm not sure where these extra rooms are coming from. Maybe regular old tourists who booked months ago and are now accepting incentives to reschedule?

The lists really opened up last week.  I know 3 people that got rooms at the Palace.  Was going to switch but already locked in....

Caravan2001

emay

Buffalo Budd

Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

Caravan2001

Quote from: emayPhishyMD on January 04, 2016, 09:13:10 PM
I would be too.
Hope they webcast this

I would imagine it would be announced by this weekend but what do I know....

VDB

I have a feeling this is gonna sneak up on me.
I mean shit, NYE was like yesterday.
Is this still Wombat?

VDB

Anyone else doing the day trip to Tulum Saturday? I'm a tentative yes, hangover status pending.
Is this still Wombat?

runawayjimbo

Quote from: VDB on January 04, 2016, 11:20:15 PM
Anyone else doing the day trip to Tulum Saturday? I'm a tentative yes, hangover status pending.

Did you book that yet? I was surprised to see how many adventures were sold out (Tulum included). I was considering doing one of the snorkeling ones but my buddy convinced me that we'll be in no shape for that.

Which reminds me: forgot to mention a late addition to the roll call. He never posts, but my boy phillyphan stepped in when my original partner had to bail for personal shit.

Also,

Quote from: Caravan2001 on January 04, 2016, 09:06:52 PM
Starting to get pumped!!!

Fawk. Yeah.
Quote from: DoW on October 26, 2013, 09:06:17 PM
I'm drunk but that was epuc

Quote from: mehead on June 22, 2016, 11:52:42 PM
The Line still sucks. Hard.

Quote from: Gumbo72203 on July 25, 2017, 08:21:56 PM
well boys, we fucked up by not being there.

VDB

Yeah, I signed up for the Tulum bus already. Ten bucks, why not.
Is this still Wombat?

cactusfan

having just been to Tulum this past october, it's certainly worth checking out.

but really what you should do is take a trip to Chichen Itza, the Mayan ruins. it'll melt your head more than any phish show. it's about a two hour drive. just force yourself to get up early one day--really early--and try to get there before too many swarms of tourists arrive.

WhatstheUse?

As much as I'll hate missing it -- I really hope Phish throws down for everyone in attendance here. It's gonna be epic. 

They didn't really play any big 'bust out' songs over the NYE run....
Bring in the dude!

Buffalo Budd

Quote from: cactusfan on January 05, 2016, 12:13:57 PM

but really what you should do is take a trip to Chichen Itza, the Mayan ruins. it'll melt your head more than any phish show. it's about a two hour drive. just force yourself to get up early one day--really early--and try to get there before too many swarms of tourists arrive.

Tulum is pretty amazing but I've heard the same about Chichen Itza, we just didn't feel like spending half a day in the car.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

VDB

Quote from: cactusfan on January 05, 2016, 12:13:57 PM

I have heard good things about Chichen Itza from some people who were there recently.
Is this still Wombat?

runawayjimbo

So, I've pretty much started checking out at work already (gonna be a long week). And it got me thinking: any word on how many people will be there (Caravan, I'm looking at you)?

Here's my back of the envelope math:

Hotel# rooms     # people
Barcelo (total)   2,799  7,697
Hard Rock      948  2,607
Dreams Tulum      431  1,185
Fairmont Mayakoba           401  1,103
TOTAL   4,579 12,592

I'm assuming Barcelo and the two smaller hotels are exclusively for Phish, but that Hard Rock has some regular peeps in there (I called it 75% Phish). I'm also assuming avg occupancy of 2.75 ppl per room. Now, I completely pulled those numbers out of my ass, but I'd say we're looking at 10-15k (although that doesn't account for band, crew, family/friends, etc.; I assume they'd be staying at one of resorts?).
Quote from: DoW on October 26, 2013, 09:06:17 PM
I'm drunk but that was epuc

Quote from: mehead on June 22, 2016, 11:52:42 PM
The Line still sucks. Hard.

Quote from: Gumbo72203 on July 25, 2017, 08:21:56 PM
well boys, we fucked up by not being there.