News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

06/12 - Merriweather Post Pavilion - Columbia, MD - Post-Show Discussion/Review

Started by rowjimmy, June 12, 2011, 11:26:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mbw

Quote from: Hicks on June 13, 2011, 12:04:45 PM
Quote from: mistercharlie on June 13, 2011, 05:49:57 AM
Also nice to see Halfway to the Moon come back out, but that just makes me wonder... What ever happened to BOABH? I think that is one of my favorite Page originals and I want to see it played more.

To me Halfway to the Moon sounds just like BOABH w/ the rocking Trey leads surgically removed.

Which is to say, it kinda sucks, pretty surprised to see it getting love.  I would much rather hear BOABH.

k, listening to this too.  ser?  bad bass/piano lines +  the coolest guitar line in a while. whats not to like?
i've had my fill of 'rocking trey leads'

a dark new phish tune?  me like.

i like BOABH too though, as well as Army of One. 

go page tunes.

mistercharlie

So wait, the Alaskas that exist in both a shows first set and second set somehow manage to not kill the sets?

Confusing venn diagram is confusing.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

kellerb

Quote from: mistercharlie on June 14, 2011, 04:52:26 AM
So wait, the Alaskas that exist in both a shows first set and second set somehow manage to not kill the sets?

Venn diagrams that require interpretation in the quantum physics field miss the point of venn diagrams

gah

Quote from: mistercharlie on June 14, 2011, 04:52:26 AM

Yeah, that makes no sense. It's stating that when Alaska occurs in both sets, they're ok?

Venn diagram fail.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.

roggae

who doesn't like a good venn diagram.  even more perplexing who doesn't like a boogie on? 
Clearly it's all awful.

gah

Quote from: roggae on June 14, 2011, 11:27:48 AM
who doesn't like a good venn diagram.  even more perplexing who doesn't like a boogie on?

You got me on that one. I always like Boogie On.

gah

All these What's reminded me of Jemaine, and this one scene that starts this clip.

Caravan2001

Boogie On is WAY overplayed these days.....I like it, but c'mon.  Once a tour is enough.....

rowjimmy

Quote from: Caravan2001 on June 14, 2011, 12:10:38 PM
Boogie On is WAY overplayed these days.....I like it, but c'mon.  Once a tour is enough.....

THANK YOU!

phil

Listening to this D. Sky now. Seems like Trey, embarassed with failure, actually put some work into re-learning how to play this song.
Quote from: guyforget on November 15, 2010, 11:10:47 PMsure we tend to ramble, but that was a 3 page off topic tangent on crack and doses for breakfast?

JPhishman

Quote from: rowjimmy on June 14, 2011, 01:35:03 PM

THANK YOU!

Not that I don't still enjoy it when it really comes down to it, but I began to tire of this song when they cut off Tweezer with it in Telluride.
"Be sure your expectations are reasonable." - fortune cookie

Poster Nutbag

Legitimately, I would say either 4 or 5 times in a 27 show tour is about right... They are at 3 out of 13 right now... It's a little to much too fast...

Combined with...
3 - Carini's
3 - Crosseyed's
3 - DWD's (almost standard fare)
4 - Mike's > Weekapaugh
4 - 2001
4 - Tweezer's (almost standard fare)
5 - Possum's (a little high for even the epically overplayed Possum)

Control for smilers can't be bought...

"Your answer is silly. What'd do you want the song to do? End world hunger?
It's a fucking Phish song, some of them are very complex compositions, some are not.

This one with its complex vocal arrangement falls right in between.
But that and a hook aren't enough so I'll let Trey know his songs have to start giving out handys." RJ

Poster Nutbag

Quote from: JPhishman on June 14, 2011, 06:24:37 PM
Quote from: rowjimmy on June 14, 2011, 01:35:03 PM

THANK YOU!

Not that I don't still enjoy it when it really comes down to it, but I began to tire of this song when they cut off Tweezer with it in Telluride.

And yes!!! I don't really ride the bitch wagon, when it comes to overly complaining about the lack of jams...
But I pretty do want to demand at least 14+ minute Tweezers and Ghosts... It's just aggravating, this is not mandatory in Phish's eyes...
Control for smilers can't be bought...

"Your answer is silly. What'd do you want the song to do? End world hunger?
It's a fucking Phish song, some of them are very complex compositions, some are not.

This one with its complex vocal arrangement falls right in between.
But that and a hook aren't enough so I'll let Trey know his songs have to start giving out handys." RJ