News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Phish.com - From the Road - 2009 [Hampton Shows] ***SPOILER ALERT***

Started by twatts, March 06, 2009, 06:53:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

khalpin

mbw

jedifunk

are you even paying attention to what is going on?

gamehenge is not happening.

now a bathtub opener?  thats more like it
Much Respect
(the other resident mac guy) [macbook air]
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

Gol D. Roger

,,Teenage Dreams, So Hard To Beat"

mbw

jedifunk

exactly... i must be the only one with a level head around here.  the rest of you are following all over yourselves to let phish urinate in your ears.
Much Respect
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

mbw

not played:  Llama, The Lizards, Tela, Wilson, AC/DC Bag, Colonel Forbin's Ascent > The Famous Mockingbird, The Sloth, McGrupp and the Watchful Hosemasters

jedifunk

right, but thats not the point.  the point is that they are not playing gamehenge.
Much Respect
- Trey Anastasio

shoreline99

I don't see a gamehenge either, but that's just my $.02. I could see a Harpua, with narration covering the last 5 years, but not the full story.
Quote from: rowjimmy on August 25, 2015, 11:19:15 AM
You're entitled to your opinion but I'm going to laugh at it.

metalzone58

Marmar

Ok...listening to last night, it's getting better.....

The Reba was promising....weird that the flubs happened in relatively easy sections, and the majority of the insane composed parts were nailed....well. It's Ice was done well....I liked hearing Page's tune....it seems like that might get a workout.....Guelah was executed well, a lil slow, but well....funny Trey still can't remember Hydrogen.....'Paug was decent....any show without Zero is better than one with one, and this is no exception....encore was perfect....

MUCH better.....MUCH......tonight should be a step better yet....

EDIT: I like this trend of non-funk/fewer covers.....I think they got into a huge rut playin that all the time.....it also helps that Trey is awake the entire show now.....
Who's the Marmar? I'm the Marmar!!!

Phish doesn't write beautiful music...the beautiful music happens after the written parts.

<gainesvillegreen> now, if they could get their sound to be as good as the lights, we'd have a band hee-yah!!

Music is what feelings sound like.

thechad

Quote from: metalzone58 on March 08, 2009, 11:37:19 AM
Quote from: jedifunk on March 08, 2009, 11:18:21 AM
the point is that they are not playing gamehenge.
I agree its not going to happen

After some sleep, I definitely have to agree, that and they already played Possum.  Not happening.
"There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese."          -Bobby Finstock

Moses Yastrzemski

right, but thats not the point.  the point is that they are not playing gamehenge.

I agree.  And I don't mind.  No Gamehenge = fine with me, preferable actually.

blastoplast

Quote from: Moses Yastrzemski on March 08, 2009, 12:26:01 PM

I agree.  And I don't mind.  No Gamehenge = fine with me, preferable actually.

Gamehendge is a thing of the past.  The tunes are good, but the narration...I just don't see it happening.
If you listen too closely to the sound, you might miss the music.  -Jim Henson

sandcastles

Other regulars not played yet...

Maze
DWD
Gin
Twist
Free
Guyute
Theme
Poor Heart
Horse/Silent