News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

07/02 - VZW Amphitheatre - Charlotte, NC - Post-Show Discussion and Review

Started by rowjimmy, July 02, 2010, 10:55:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

art vandelay

Quote from: emayPhishyMD on July 10, 2010, 06:15:40 PM
The first half the second set was a bore for me, lizards > yem was the $$$

gotta disagree.  the drowned was one of the best things i saw all summer.  band is really locked in during that jam.  46 days also rocks, and im a fan of 20 years later.  but yeah, throw in that carini>fyf>2001>yem segment, and you have possibly my favorite show of the tour.  neck and neck with merriweather II for the best show i saw this summer.

gah

Quote from: art vandelay on July 20, 2010, 02:16:17 PM
Quote from: emayPhishyMD on July 10, 2010, 06:15:40 PM
The first half the second set was a bore for me, lizards > yem was the $$$

gotta disagree.  the drowned was one of the best things i saw all summer.  band is really locked in during that jam.  46 days also rocks, and im a fan of 20 years later.  but yeah, throw in that carini>fyf>2001>yem segment, and you have possibly my favorite show of the tour.  neck and neck with merriweather II for the best show i saw this summer.

Minus the 20 years later, it was my favorite set I saw of the summer, but I only saw 4 shows (hershey, portsmouth, raleigh, charlotte), so, that's not saying too much....
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.

Hicks

I thought this show was really good and ranks with 6/20 and 6/25 as the best of 2010, at least from what I have heard.
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

G. Augusto

Quote from: Hicks on July 20, 2010, 04:21:50 PM
I thought this show was really good and ranks with 6/20 and 6/25 as the best of 2010, at least from what I have heard.

I'll admit that this is a pretty solid 3.0 show.

kramerica2010

love that Dong Work For Yuda tease in the vocal jam - "I need a dozen towels so the boys can take a shower"

phish + zappa = $
I've got a petrified Phish disease, I wish somebody'd hear me!

Poster Nutbag

This Stash has definitely suffered a Death by Whale Call...  :cry:
Control for smilers can't be bought...

"Your answer is silly. What'd do you want the song to do? End world hunger?
It's a fucking Phish song, some of them are very complex compositions, some are not.

This one with its complex vocal arrangement falls right in between.
But that and a hook aren't enough so I'll let Trey know his songs have to start giving out handys." RJ

sophist

Quote from: G. Augusto on July 20, 2010, 04:32:53 PM
Quote from: Hicks on July 20, 2010, 04:21:50 PM

I'll admit that this is a pretty solid 3.0 show.
I've debated this with George, well, on a smaller scale (what is best 3.0 Charlotte show), but for me, this is still one of the best 3.0 shows I have seen to date.  I have it playing right now, and it's pretty listenable. 
Can we talk about the Dead?  I'd love to talk about the fucking Grateful Dead, for once, can we please discuss the Grateful FUCKING Dead!?!?!?!