News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

2016 Presidential General Election

Started by VDB, September 26, 2016, 05:40:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alcoholandcoffeebeans

I made myself go to bed last night at 10.30... and read my book.
as updates came throughout the night to my phone I woke up and refused to look.

my mom taught me to try and always find the positive in any situation I'm given; today my heart finds it really hard to do that.
my stomach is churning and my brain is really worrying for my cousins that are 18 and younger, my friends that don't fit "his mold," and maybe
even a little for myself being in a red state where I'm clearly not with the majority. A small part of me hoped to see history made again after being
lucky enough to be in Chicago and attending Obama's acceptance speech the first time around.

today I'm not sure if I'm proud to be an American, but I'm hopeful that there's positive somewhere in this?

honest to the point of recklessness...                     ♫ ♪ ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılı ♪ ♫

DoW

I know most (maybe everyone) on here won't agree with me, but then again, when has that stopped me before.  I'm not going to argue about it all day because frankly, I am swamped at work and my day needs to move forward.  so have at me all you want.

one person sitting in a chair shouldn't make you be proud or not proud to be an American.  isn't our country about more than one person?

wake up and be the person you should be proud to be.  be yourself and carry on.  honestly, you'll influence more people's actual lives that way than an election.
Music is meant to be heard
***Support Bands That Allow Taping/Trading***

http://archive.org/search.php?query=taper%3A%22Brian%20V.%22&sort=-publicdate

rowjimmy

The one person in the chair has nothing to do with my pride or lack thereof.
It's the people who put him there.

sunrisevt

I'm remembering my despair the morning after Election day 2004. Everyone in Chapel Hill, NC walked around in a daze of confusion and something like self-pity.

We got through W. We thought that was the worst we could do. We were wrong.

Bright sides? I'm not sure they really exist here, but if they do... The religious conservative movement has just been shown up as a complete and inarguable hypocrisy? The Democratic Party might get its head out of its ass?

I'm reaching here, I know it. Someone help me out.
Quote from: Eleanor MarsailI love you, daddy. Actually, I love all the people. Even the ones who I don't know their name.

alcoholandcoffeebeans

Quote from: rowjimmy on November 09, 2016, 07:28:13 AM

this was where my statement of unsureness came from.
honest to the point of recklessness...                     ♫ ♪ ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılı ♪ ♫

mehead

His eyes were clean and pure but his mind was so deranged

mattstick

Quote from: mehead on November 09, 2016, 09:13:14 AM
Quote from: mattstick on November 08, 2016, 11:18:22 PM
Honestly more worried about Gingrich, Pence, Giuliani and Christie.

THIS

And all the Supreme Court nominees.

And whomever runs the FCC.

Whichever Oil Baron that will run the Energy Department.

FUCK

gah

Quote from: alcoholandcoffeebeans on November 09, 2016, 08:11:32 AM

this was where my statement of unsureness came from.

exactly.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.

Buffalo Budd

I'm gonna preface this by saying neither my wife or I said one word to our daughter about Trump's deportation plans or really anything other than pray he doesn't win.
Yet this morning the first questions out of Mitike's mouth were...
QuoteDid he win?
   Yeah, he won.
Is he going to come to Canada?
   Yeah, probably at some point.
But I wasn't born here, is he going to make me go back to Ethiopia?
   No Miti, we have one of the good guys running our country.
I guess even 6 year olds talk politics.

I have to say my biggest fear in all this is the climate situation and his denial of global warming.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

mattstick

Quote from: Buffalo Budd on November 09, 2016, 09:34:00 AM

Imagine if we'd let Harper win?  Jesus.

mistercharlie

Yep, they're the ones that piss me off.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

nab

I actually went to work 2 hours early this morning in an attempt to escape the election. 

I'm loosing that bid as we speak. 

VDB

Let's face it: Millions of people didn't so much vote for Trump as vote against Hillary. Democrats underestimated the masses' hatred of her to their ultimate peril.

But as a silver lining, consider that maybe this opens the door for a re-do. Someone actually electable and bereft of Clinton baggage. Warren 2020? This is still the country that voted twice for Obama, after all.
Is this still Wombat?

PIE-GUY

Honestly, if it's an outsider with zero political experience that this country wants, I'm pulling for Bruce Springsteen... but I'm wide open to suggestions.
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

Buffalo Budd

Quote from: mattstick on November 09, 2016, 09:36:48 AM
Quote from: Buffalo Budd on November 09, 2016, 09:34:00 AM

Imagine if we'd let Harper win?  Jesus.

I shudder at the thought.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.