News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

2016 Presidential General Election

Started by VDB, September 26, 2016, 05:40:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DoW

Quote from: mbw on November 11, 2016, 04:41:28 PM

Don't call bvaz a non-thinking person, jeez.  :wink:
it is kind of what he did.  but I called you ignorant, so it is all good.  :wink:

I said my peace.  I got frustrated.  I got over it.
I am who I am.  I am always going to say what I think even if I know it is 10 against 1.  I say what I think is right and I still firmly believe everything I typed in this thread (except for you being ignorant).
I never regret speaking my mind and don't really care if anyone finds me to be a bigot or racist.  to my knowledge, no one who actually knows me feels that way.
Music is meant to be heard
***Support Bands That Allow Taping/Trading***

http://archive.org/search.php?query=taper%3A%22Brian%20V.%22&sort=-publicdate

Hicks

Quote from: DoW on November 11, 2016, 04:58:06 PM

it is kind of what he did.  but I called you ignorant, so it is all good.  :wink:

I am who I am.  I am always going to say what I think even if I know it is 10 against 1.  I say what I think is right and I still firmly believe everything I typed in this thread (except for you being ignorant).
I never regret speaking my mind and don't really care if anyone finds me to be a bigot or racist.  to my knowledge, no one who actually knows me feels that way.

I appreciate your point of view, even if I rarely agree with it. 

I think it's the dismissal of differing points of view that lead to the rise of Trump in the first place. 

It's clear to me that those of us on the left would do well to listen to the complaints of the working class folks who supported him.  While I don't agree with their votes, I have no doubt that their pain and frustration with our government is justified. 
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

DoW

Quote from: Hicks on November 11, 2016, 05:03:56 PM

I think it's the dismissal of differing points of view that lead to the rise of Trump in the first place. 

It's clear to me that those of us on the left would do well to listen to the complaints of the working class folks who supported him.  While I don't agree with their votes, I have no doubt that their pain and frustration with our government is justified.
thanks man.  my problem is that I need to stop after 2 posts.  I can never get that part right.  :-D

I know you didn't say it but I just want to be absolutely clear.  I don't support trump.  it is not that I agree with what he says or does, I just am scared that we have a President who doesn't have any political experience or even desires to act like a politician.

I think it was Dan that said it (and probably everyone).  I just hope this wakes up both parties.  I think both parties need to realize how split the country is.

last point.  keep in mind that I live in one of the most liberal states in the country.  I'm a liberal in 45 of the 50 states.  we just happen to have a lot of the social issues figured out in this state already.  I tend to turn my attention toward other issues.  I know some on here don't agree with that, but that is ok.

VA $l!m

Quote from: Hicks on November 11, 2016, 05:03:56 PM

Of course it's justified, but the problem is theyve all been munipulated through fear and hatred propoganda into believeing that voting Republican is the solution to their "pain and frustration" when in fact it is the fucking cause, lmao.
Seriously i have zero sympathy here. -Shoot, i'm white and living below the poverty line so techincially i'm one of that demographic. These people are asking for an economic policy that only benefits the .1% They are fucked beyond belief now and they wont even be able to buy Haterade anymore without their food stamps, lol.
-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

VDB

Is this still Wombat?

DoW

Quote from: VDB on November 11, 2016, 06:10:44 PM

it is kind of what he did.

Not my intent!
I was just kiding around.  only good people here.  no bad intentions.

Bobafett

I just lost a giant post of my pocket change on this subject.  Damn pocket computer and sausage fingers!  Is that a sign?
The events in our lives happen in a sequence in time, but in their significance to ourselves they find their own order; the continuous thread of revelation.

rowjimmy

The working class thing makes for an interesting talking point and there is obviously something to it but, according to exit polling, Hillary won voters making less than 50k.

Data:
http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2016/11/08/us/politics/election-exit-polls.html?_r=0

Hicks

Quote from: rowjimmy on November 11, 2016, 09:43:50 PM
The working class thing makes for an interesting talking point and there is obviously something to it but, according to exit polling, Hillary won voters making less than 50k.

Data:
http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2016/11/08/us/politics/election-exit-polls.html?_r=0

Yeah I guess I should have specified that I meant white, working class folks.  Overlay race on the income demographics and I'm sure the numbers shift considerably. 
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

gah

Quote from: alcoholandcoffeebeans on November 11, 2016, 03:12:24 PM
I was totally caught off guard at the grocery last night...
I tend to eat pretty healthy, mostly proteins and veggies... most things I buy say organic on them and are bought because of the small list of ingredients.

checking out last night, after going to the gym, the guy behind me remarks, "you must be one of those feminist, liberal hippies... you must be super upset over the election. Too bad your lying lady just couldn't beat our good man." I expected something along the lines of 'O'Doyle rules' after that.
I stared at the checkout lady and thanked her for ringing me up, wished her a good night, and started to walk away. I then became the arrogant daddy's girl who does yoga and doesn't pay for anything when he thought I couldn't hear him.

maybe I just noticed it for the first time after reading all these horrible things in the past few days and people have always grumbled at me... or maybe it's never happened before. I don't know.
I'm now a super uncomfortable American... for everyone. I knew Ohio and I would eventually not see eye to eye... I just didn't expect it this soon.

Welcome to 'murica!
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.

VDB

Clear-headed, intelligent, non-partisan analysis (as usual) in Dan Carlin's post-election episode of Common Sense. Podcast fans are invited to check it out.
Is this still Wombat?

VA $l!m

on the plus side i'm sorta glad to be back on the counter culture side of things again.
was  getting some nice sympathetic flirty vibes from all the chicas at the market today.
maybe these milenial hipsters will finally learn what it really means not to be mainstream too.
definitely should provide from some real revloutionary art, music, and literature for a change.
-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

runawayjimbo

Quote from: VDB on November 14, 2016, 03:53:14 PM
Clear-headed, intelligent, non-partisan analysis (as usual) in Dan Carlin's post-election episode of Common Sense. Podcast fans are invited to check it out.

Downloading now. Thanks.

Quote from: VA $l!m on November 14, 2016, 10:17:55 PM
on the plus side i'm sorta glad to be back on the counter culture side of things again.
was  getting some nice sympathetic flirty vibes from all the chicas at the market today.
maybe these milenial hipsters will finally learn what it really means not to be mainstream too.
definitely should provide from some real revloutionary art, music, and literature for a change.

That's the spirit!
Quote from: DoW on October 26, 2013, 09:06:17 PM
I'm drunk but that was epuc

Quote from: mehead on June 22, 2016, 11:52:42 PM
The Line still sucks. Hard.

Quote from: Gumbo72203 on July 25, 2017, 08:21:56 PM
well boys, we fucked up by not being there.

VDB

Heh, I (optimistically) reached a similar conclusion last week. Not necessarily because of revolutionary, 60s-style angst but maybe simply from people now having more free time on account of having to keep their eyes off the news for their own sanity's sake.
Is this still Wombat?

rowjimmy

Quote from: VDB on November 15, 2016, 09:52:18 AM

Heh, I (optimistically) reached a similar conclusion last week. Not necessarily because of revolutionary, 60s-style angst but maybe simply from people now having more free time on account of having to keep their eyes off the news for their own sanity's sake.

Already got two songs down since Tuesday.