News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Phish Mix Contest

Started by rowjimmy, June 30, 2005, 01:49:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rowjimmy

Did that LivePhish contest whet yer appetite for some auditory phorensics?
I've been making mixes lately of various bands and whatnot and i've fianlly made one that All Phish, all the time.

This thing is 78 minutes of jams, starting with a Tweezer and ending with a Tweezer Reprise.

The contest is to identify, as much as possible, the titles and dates of the material in the mix.

I'll start you out:

01 Tweezer (????-??-??) >
10 Tweezer Reprise (????-??-??)

Not a lot to go on, I know. Here's a few notes that may or may not help. This was compiled from the contents of my hard drive and not culled from far and wide. That said, there maybe shows which are represented more than once and, I wouldn't put it past me to have the same (or different) performance(s) of a song make multiple appearances.

So, why bother trying to guess?
The "prize" is a month of unlimited access to my FTP server which has, a crapload of stuff that in my not so humble opinion all kicks ass.
Also, Gloating rights.

The Person who has posted in here with the most accurate guess by Wednesday, July 6th will win the prize. If need be the contest will be held over through next week... (to be determined, by me, based on feedback)

Oh, and if you don't wanna guess, Check it out anyway and let me know what you think. I really enjoyed listening to this on the train last night and this a.m. and I hope you will too.

Lastly, Here's the Link:
http://s32.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=27ZR03ZQ14IMZ2E8RGB10TAITM

I'll upload it again so enough people can hit it.
http://s28.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=2UK535LTMOT8L2T2X4V4TX49SP
http://s35.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=0GO48ZBHVFJKD2PQTSO41GKL3Y

gene

not a bad idea there ill admit the prize is pretty nice, whats your upload speed :P id also like to be able to hear that mix when its done with all the guesses (gotta love a whole jamming disc).
ill be thinking of guesses as of now, im not much of a guesser, but why the hell not.

VA $l!m

-oo!,  -oo!...  i know the answer!! :D
...it's the soundcheck  from 4-4-98!!, ----right?!?

:wink:
-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

rowjimmy

Quote from: genewhats your upload speed

2Mb/sec up.

mattstick

I'm 12 minutes in, and it's hot!  Nice work so far...

jedifunk

gotta tell ya, i love the mix jam tapes!  and a good thread idea!

i've actually got a series of jam mix playlists that i've been making over the last couple years...

there called the "Vibrations of Life" series, three volumes in the series, fall97, sum98, fall99.

i'm DLing yours now, will report back soon, ooh ooh it just finished actually!  nice quick DL, about 2 minutes for 70MBs!  nice.
Much Respect
(the other resident mac guy) [macbook air]
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

jedifunk

btw, would someone guess early help someone else out by giving away hints?

just a thought maybe peeps should pm you or something...
Much Respect
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

rowjimmy

Early discussion might help someone out but it might also work to your advantage. I'd be extremely impressed if someone guessed it all without a little help.
You could also throw out a red herring or two.
I'll think about PMs and let you all know by noon eastern. gotta go catcha train.

mattstick

Well, I don't plan on winning, but as I was driving around doing errands last night I spun this on the old iPod and made some quick notes...

These are total guesses - I suppose I could go through the archives and confirm or specify, but I'm not gonna do that.

01 0:00:00 Tweezer - Fall 95?? - first thought was 11/30/95
02 0:04:15 Stash - 97 outdoors? Went? or on a whole other vibe... 11/30/97
03 0:10:08 Bathtub Gin - Went?
04 0:17:42 JAM   Island Tour? post-Roses jam 4/3/98?
05 0:31:15 Ghost Europe 98?
06 0:38:26 Stash? 11/14/95 ?
07 0:50:32 Bathtub Gin?
08 0:56:13 Ghost? Jam?
09 This transition was either super smooth or I was busy in traffic or something, 'cause I'm missing one.
10 1:13:35 Tweezreprise

jonyem

I didn't really dowload it to play, but to listen.
Man, it's a really good mix.

ucusty

jedifunk

man, this is HOT!  and i'm on the right track with alot of these.  i'm in it to win it!! ;)
Much Respect
- Trey Anastasio

rowjimmy

If you really don't want to discuss it.... And would prefer to keep your guesses secret, PM me.
just remember, this isn't a race... the winner is the one who is the most accurate.

jedifunk

oh man, i'm killing this thing!  good thing i listen to a lot of phish ;)
Much Respect
- Trey Anastasio

rowjimmy

Quote from: jedifunkoh man, i'm killing this thing!  good thing i listen to a lot of phish ;)
that sort of confidence  deserves a challenge...

I hope someone is going to take jedi to task on this...