News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Glass Pony - Album 3 out now! (June 2023)

Started by Gumbo72203, August 30, 2017, 12:39:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gumbo72203

Haha hey so... i have a new band.  We played our first "show" last night at an open mic.  I think you guys will dig it.  Here's the first footage, which actually isn't completely terrible.  It's all songs you know, and I don't want to spoil it, so just watch; it's only 13 mins long anyway.  We jammed together for the first time exactly 1 month ago, decided to make a band, and here we are haha. 

We didn't have a name before the gig, and then after the host of the open mic was like "give it up for the Dark Ponies!" because he's called the Dark Horse in his band.... the surprise star, and because everybody in the scene here knows us all, but didn't know we really played, we were termed the Dark Ponies as the surprise highlight I guess haha.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/14f59us368crtpw/20170829_215215.mp4?dl=0

"Just drink some water, and breathe through your nose."  -Slim, 3/7/09

Quote from: redrum on April 04, 2010, 07:45:51 PM
%% with alternated lyrics about a 1995 jeep cherokee that was also sacraficed on this tour.

Quote from: blatboom on November 04, 2012, 08:46:54 PM
I think I got it but he's such a spaz he'll probably never open this thread again

GBL

If this is love, I'm never going home..

Gumbo72203

%% with alternated lyrics about a 1995 jeep cherokee that was also sacraficed on this tour.

I think I got it but he's such a spaz he'll probably never open this thread again

WhatstheUse?

Bring in the dude!

VDB

Cool stuff. Which one are you? And are y'all playing in a tent?

That camerawork though.  :shakehead:
Is this still Wombat?

aphineday

You guys have lots of potential! Great job.
Now just fix that camera work
If we could see these many waves that flow through clouds and sunken caves...

Gumbo72203

Quote from: VDB on August 30, 2017, 02:14:13 PM

haha I'm the lead guitarist, on the left.  I kinda thought everybody knew what I looked like.  And yeah, I know....  that was shot by our singer's mom on her phone.  I'm hoping there's a way I can edit that to flip it in Youtube or something.  Do any of you guys know how to do that? 

There's other footage that's forthcoming so we'll see how those turn out.  But this was the first thing that was available, and Phish has conditioned me to expect instant replay footage after a show that I posted the first thing I could get my hands on haha. 

And thanks guys!  I thought the connecting jam was pretty neat and came together nicely for what we were trying to accomplish.  I wish I had more time to fuck around with my tone though because I'm not super happy with it, really.  It sounded so bright and trebly up on stage so I went to my bridge humbucker and rolled my tone all the way back but I regret doing that now because it's missing all the high end bite.  Oh well, next time!

aphineday

Quote from: Gumbo72203 on August 30, 2017, 04:56:00 PM
Quote from: VDB on August 30, 2017, 02:14:13 PM

haha I'm the lead guitarist, on the left.  I kinda thought everybody knew what I looked like.  And yeah, I know....  that was shot by our singer's mom on her phone.  I'm hoping there's a way I can edit that to flip it in Youtube or something.  Do any of you guys know how to do that? 

There's other footage that's forthcoming so we'll see how those turn out.  But this was the first thing that was available, and Phish has conditioned me to expect instant replay footage after a show that I posted the first thing I could get my hands on haha. 

And thanks guys!  I thought the connecting jam was pretty neat and came together nicely for what we were trying to accomplish.  I wish I had more time to fuck around with my tone though because I'm not super happy with it, really.  It sounded so bright and trebly up on stage so I went to my bridge humbucker and rolled my tone all the way back but I regret doing that now because it's missing all the high end bite.  Oh well, next time!
Should be pretty easy to flip in iMovie.
If we could see these many waves that flow through clouds and sunken caves...

runawayjimbo

Profile video really grinds my gears. Tell mom she better not do that again. Also, she's filming you more than her own son. Somebody wants to bang the guitarist...

Good stuff tho, man. Looking forward to hearing more.

ETA: oh no she turned it to landscape mid-video?!? That's even worse than starting it in portrait to begin with. Oh well, hope you get dem digits.
Quote from: DoW on October 26, 2013, 09:06:17 PM
I'm drunk but that was epuc

Quote from: mehead on June 22, 2016, 11:52:42 PM
The Line still sucks. Hard.

Quote from: Gumbo72203 on July 25, 2017, 08:21:56 PM
well boys, we fucked up by not being there.

Gumbo72203

Quote from: runawayjimbo on August 30, 2017, 05:56:43 PM
Profile video really grinds my gears. Tell mom she better not do that again. Also, she's filming you more than her own son. Somebody wants to bang the guitarist...

Good stuff tho, man. Looking forward to hearing more.

ETA: oh no she turned it to landscape mid-video?!? That's even worse than starting it in portrait to begin with. Oh well, hope you get dem digits.

She's not unattractive, and she also lives 8 houses down from me.  With her husband.  Who is way cool.  They're awesome haha.  But you have brought up an interesting point....

But quite literally she is about 1/4 mile away from me right now hahaha. 

Caravan2001

Gundo

Playing for the first time in front of people takes balls IMO. I thought you guys sounded great. My only constructive criticism is that whoever is playing rhythm guitar, especially during Brown Eyed, should stop playing it like an acoustic. Sometimes less is more

Gumbo72203

Quote from: EdBanky on August 30, 2017, 11:43:58 PM
Playing for the first time in front of people takes balls IMO. I thought you guys sounded great. My only constructive criticism is that whoever is playing rhythm guitar, especially during Brown Eyed, should stop playing it like an acoustic. Sometimes less is more

In the video, which guitar?  Left or right?  Can you give me some timestamps for what you're talking about?  I'm curious. 

Also, I have some new stuff I think you guys will dig......  we have our first real show coming up in a couple weeks and rehearsal last night was pretty decent.  I think you guys will like this.  Again, we only get to practice once a week for like 2.5 hours and have been together not even 2 months yet, but this isn't too shabby I don't think. 

Gumbo72203

Hey guys, so we just played our first real 2-set show last week.  I would really love for you guys to check it out and let me know what you think.  Here is set 1.  I haven't managed to figure out how to download set 2 yet but hopefully I can have that for you guys. 

Here is the setlist:

Glass Pony
11/16/17 - Lark Tavern - Albany, NY
Set 1:
Twist* ->
Learning To Fly ->
Space Age Love Song ->
Weekapaug Groove ->
Space Age Love Song
Stardust^
Brown Eyed Women

Set 2:
Blackberry Brandy >
Eminence Front%
Portraits^
Pictures of You@ ->
More

Encore:
Walk Away#

* - unfinished
% - with "Another Brick In The Wall pt. 2" and "Once In A Lifetime" quotes
@ - with "Slave To the Traffic Light" jam
# - with "Down With Disease" tease
^ - original

VDB

I jumped around a bit but caught some real nice lead work from you, for example coming out of Space Age prior to Weekapaug. Nice little jam out of Paug.

But listen, it's 2017, give us HD footage.
Is this still Wombat?