News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

"Phone it in Friday" @ work

Started by mattstick, April 23, 2010, 09:23:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hicks

I've actually been on the phone for about 45 minutes of my first hour, wut up wit dat?
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

mbw

oh yeah, work.  I really should be getting there.

gah

Quote from: Hicks on June 25, 2010, 12:05:46 PM
I've actually been on the phone for about 45 minutes of my first hour, wut up wit dat?

Tell the wife you're busy at work, and get back to doing nothing.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.

kellerb

Quote from: goodabouthood on June 25, 2010, 12:38:03 PM

Does it work on bosses too?

gah

Quote from: kellerb on June 25, 2010, 01:50:05 PM

I'm no married dude, but I'm pretty sure wives are just another form of bosses so I'm gonna go with yeah.

sls.stormyrider

Quote from: goodabouthood on June 25, 2010, 02:23:07 PM
Quote from: kellerb on June 25, 2010, 01:50:05 PM

I'm no married dude, but I'm pretty sure wives are just another form of bosses so I'm gonna go with yeah.

are you sure you've never been married?

does just not going to work qualify on this thread?
"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

mbw

Quote from: slslbs on June 25, 2010, 07:26:26 PM
does just not going to work qualify on this thread?

that is the ultimate.   :clap:

mattstick

3.5 hour drive home after the show turned into a 4 hour drive, which put me in bed at 3:30.

Alarm went of at 5:45.

Heather & I are driving to Ottawa, our fine Nation's capital, to celebrate Canada Day tomorrow - I'm hoping she's driving because all I'm good for is a nap.

Therefore I'm phoning it in this fine Wednesday, as I'll be off for 4 days come 4:30.

What is the USA long weekend schedule?

PIE-GUY

We have Monday off, which is nice! Will be at Willie's 4th of July Picnic all day and night on Sunday. That extra day of rest will be needed.
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

rowjimmy

sophist

Quote from: rowjimmy on June 30, 2010, 10:51:34 AM
Quote from: PIE-GUY on June 30, 2010, 10:49:58 AM
We have Monday off, which is nice!
:beerbang:
I'm gonna need Monday off to recover from the show on the 4th. 
Can we talk about the Dead?  I'd love to talk about the fucking Grateful Dead, for once, can we please discuss the Grateful FUCKING Dead!?!?!?!

gah

Yup. Todays my Friday. Got the next 5 days off! woohoo!!!!!!!!!!  :crazy: :beers: :rawk:

kellerb

Quote from: mattstick on June 30, 2010, 10:47:40 AM
3.5 hour drive home after the show turned into a 4 hour drive, which put me in bed at 3:30.

Alarm went of at 5:45.

Heather & I are driving to Ottawa, our fine Nation's capital, to celebrate Canada Day tomorrow - I'm hoping she's driving because all I'm good for is a nap.

Therefore I'm phoning it in this fine Wednesday, as I'll be off for 4 days come 4:30.

What is the USA long weekend schedule?

Quote from: rowjimmy on June 30, 2010, 10:51:34 AM
Quote from: PIE-GUY on June 30, 2010, 10:49:58 AM
We have Monday off, which is nice!
:beerbang:

It's an easter monday sort of situation this year!

mistercharlie

I have to work all weekend so today is my day off. Until Monday when I'll be off for a week, we're going to Cleveland to visit the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

PIE-GUY

Quote from: mistercharlie on June 30, 2010, 11:05:48 AM
I have to work all weekend so today is my day off. Until Monday when I'll be off for a week, we're going to Cleveland to visit the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.

RRHoF is a fun trip - I think their still showing U23D, too. Plus, the top floor still has the Bruce exhibit up. Great stuff up there!
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul