News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

08/06/2017 - MSG, New York, NY - Post-Show Discussion

Started by runawayjimbo, August 06, 2017, 11:18:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hicks

Quote from: mbw on August 06, 2017, 11:30:34 PM
Not one song about Glaze???

They got their notes mixed up and were supposed to cover Purple Glaze instead of Izabella. 
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

WhatstheUse?

This was simply the best phish tour I've ever seen. So happy.
Bring in the dude!

Buffalo Budd

Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

anthrax

There is a phish banner hanging in the rafters of msg :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Gundo

mistercharlie

Quote from: anthrax on August 07, 2017, 12:32:16 AM
There is a phish banner hanging in the rafters of msg :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

So much this!  Actually, this article says they did...

QuotePhish then returned to celebrate their achievement with their very own banner raised to the rafters at Madison Square Garden before playing an emotional version of "On the Road Again," with Anastasio and McConnell struggling to get through their respective verses. The song was played for the first time since August 31, 2013.

Read more: http://www.jambands.com/news/2017/08/06/phish-s-baker-s-dozen-historic-run-comes-to-emotional-conclusion/#ixzz4p3wQECOY

Quote from: mbw on August 06, 2017, 11:30:34 PM
Not one song about Glaze???

And this!
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

mehead

I'm really hoping that Most Events finds its way into the rotation
His eyes were clean and pure but his mind was so deranged

rowjimmy

sunrisevt

Quote from: Eleanor MarsailI love you, daddy. Actually, I love all the people. Even the ones who I don't know their name.

aphineday

Initial reaction is overruled by second listen.
That Simple makes the set. Still feels a little disjointed, but it definitely stands up.
Encore was straight money.
If we could see these many waves that flow through clouds and sunken caves...

rowjimmy

Quote from: sunrisevt on August 07, 2017, 12:17:31 PM
Quote from: rowjimmy on August 07, 2017, 11:22:11 AM
Show was legit.

True Story. Sorry I missed you this morning.

Likewise.
Rain prompted me to call an audible and hop a train.

cactusfan

Just listening to the first set... and laughing because I think everyone starts playing Ha Ha Ha in a unique key. Which makes for an interesting sound.

pcr3

Quote from: cactusfan on August 07, 2017, 02:17:44 PM
Just listening to the first set... and laughing because I think everyone starts playing Ha Ha Ha in a unique key. Which makes for an interesting sound.

Ha Ha Ha
"I'm singlehandedly responsible for poisoning the entire local ecosystem with all my fluids spilling onto the ground." -birdman, while plowing

"Mushrooms were a good idea!" -wtu

http://phish.net/myshows/prizzi3

Gumbo72203

I can't watch this encore without crying my eyes out.  Unreal.  The anti-Coventry cry.  They made it.  All 4 of them, intact.  They got there, and they did it, and it was actually great. 

If you go back and watch, Trey is crying during the banner photo, and then has to wipe his eyes multiple times before they even start playing.  I can't even think about it right now. 
"Just drink some water, and breathe through your nose."  -Slim, 3/7/09

Quote from: redrum on April 04, 2010, 07:45:51 PM
%% with alternated lyrics about a 1995 jeep cherokee that was also sacraficed on this tour.

Quote from: blatboom on November 04, 2012, 08:46:54 PM
I think I got it but he's such a spaz he'll probably never open this thread again

Nedstruzz

Great show, Great run.  This band does it again. 

There were so many inside jokes in that set that I lost count.  Unreal.

On a day where I am celebrating my 19th anniversary of Lemonwheel, 20th for Went and 21st for the Ball I am almost in tears thinking about how this band has defied all odds countless times to remain the greatest touring act of my life. 

I celebrated my 40th birthday in April at Trey Austin where they opened with On The Road.  To close out my summer vacation with On The Road at MSG with all my friends in section 115 with me was an unreal experience.  I f-ing cried.  And I never cry.  Amazing.