News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

DVD - Phish 1995-10-19 Marmar/SF production

Started by Superfreakie, September 18, 2013, 02:13:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Superfreakie

http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-details.php?id=465271&viewcomm=6129890#comm6129890

QuotePhish
October 19, 1995
Municipal Auditorium
Kansas City, MO

Video Source:
Maxell VHS Master > Standalone DVD > DVD Decrypter > DVD Lab Pro2

Frame Size: 720 X 480
Frame Rate: 29.97
Aspect Ratio: 4:3
MPEG Video Type: MPEG 2
Chroma: 4:2:0

Audio Source:
AKG 451EB/ck1s > Whirlwind Phantoms > Teac DA-P20 @ 16/48
(NOS/DFC/behind SBD/10ft)
Audio Transfer:
Sony R500 > Tascam HD-P2 @ 16/48 > HDD
Taped & Transferred by Mike Darby

Audio Type: PCM
Wordlength: 16bit
Sampling: 48000
Channels: 2

Taper: Unknown
VHS Masters supplied by Todd Lackey
DVD Transfer/Editing by Superfreakie
Audio Mastering, Sync, DVD Authoring by Arty- imthemarmar@gmail.com

Disc 1-DVD5
Set I
01 - [03:50] - Cars Trucks Buses
02 - [07:55] - Runaway Jim
03 - [03:47] - Horn
04 - [07:46] - Punch You In the Eye * >
05 - [09:15] - Esther >
06 - [08:39] - Chalk Dust Torture
07 - [13:17] - Theme From the Bottom
08 - [04:05] - Acoustic Army
09 - [12:00] - Split Open and Melt
10 - [05:30] - Billy Breathes
11 - [05:07] - Cavern

Disc 2-DVD9
Set II
01 - [04:42] - Frankenstein
02 - [02:18] - Poor Heart >
03 - [14:31] - Mike's Song >
04 - [02:56] - I Am Hydrogen >
05 - [13:11] - Weekapaug Groove ** >
06 - [02:39] - Lawn Boy >
07 - [04:41] - Big Black Furry Creature from Mars
08 - [03:37] - Kung >
09 - [04:35] - Suspicious Minds > Hold Your Head Up
10 - [12:19] - Possum ***
11 - [05:30] - A Day in the Life

* Cavern teases from Fishman at the start
** Dreaming tease from Trey, Keyboard Army tease from Page. Unfinished.
*** All Fall Down signal

These VHS tapes were originally received years ago from Todd, however, life, a Biblical flood and other snafus got in the way of this release to you. As for more information regarding the methodology and gear used in this process, much of it has been long forgotten and it was a PITA. This is the best we will ever be able to do. Finally, an extra special thanks to Marmar. Enjoy!!!!
Que te vaya bien, que te vaya bien, Te quiero más que las palabras pueden decir.

mistercharlie

"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

khalpin

Can't wait to see the weekapaug!  Thanks guys!   :clap:

twatts

Was the original 48k used (w/ Emphasis), or was the 44k w/o Emphasis converted to 48k?

Or did you get a 48k file w/o Emphasis from Jason???

Thanks for this!!!

Terry
Oh! That! No, no, no, you're not ready to step into The Court of the Crimson King. At this stage in your training an album like that could turn you into an evil scientist.

----------------------

I want super-human will
I want better than average skill
I want a million dollar bill
And I want it all in a Pill

pcr3

This looks cool as shit.  Thanks for your efforts!
"I'm singlehandedly responsible for poisoning the entire local ecosystem with all my fluids spilling onto the ground." -birdman, while plowing

"Mushrooms were a good idea!" -wtu

http://phish.net/myshows/prizzi3

Superfreakie

Here's the back story on the VHS tapes that Todd sent me:

This was my first Phish show.  I was of course blown away. 
We decided to skip the Iowa show to go see Medeski Martin and Wood at the Tophat? club in Kansas City.  We noticed a guy video taping the show and started up a conversation with him after the show.  We were hoping to get a copy of this show as it was also very good.  We go back to his second floor apartment.  Imagine all those hours of video you have on your harddrive in vhs form.  This place was wall to wall boxes of tapes and memorabilia.  The tv room has two tvs and mutiple vcrs.  It has floor to ceiling boxes of tapes with two sitting areas in front of the tvs.  The tvs are adorned with maxell stickers to be redeemed later.  As he's copying the mmw show, he casually mentions that he was also recording at the Phish show.  At this point we just settled in for an all nighter before heading up to Nebraska. 
I'm pretty sure he had a hi8 video recorder.  The Phish show was his first time recording with it.  He said that he had redeemed lots of maxell points to get it.  Then it's from his camera to my tapes to this. 
Enjoy,
Todd
Que te vaya bien, que te vaya bien, Te quiero más que las palabras pueden decir.

susep

Quote from: pcr3 on September 18, 2013, 09:48:26 AM

can someone please invite me to dime?  thanks in advance. 

khalpin

Quote from: susep on September 18, 2013, 01:42:56 PM

Dime doesn't do invites.  They just have a maximum amount of users, which is typically max'd out.  Although they prune inactive members. 

The post says he'll be seeding it at TTD, too.  So you can probably just get it there shortly.

susep

Quote from: khalpin on September 18, 2013, 01:49:53 PM

Dime doesn't do invites.  They just have a maximum amount of users, which is typically max'd out.  Although they prune inactive members. 

The post says he'll be seeding it at TTD, too.  So you can probably just get it there shortly.

cool, thanks man. 

Marmar

Quote from: twatts likes ghoti on September 18, 2013, 07:52:30 AM
Was the original 48k used (w/ Emphasis), or was the 44k w/o Emphasis converted to 48k?

Or did you get a 48k file w/o Emphasis from Jason???

Thanks for this!!!

Terry

I got the 48k's from Jason raw. All post-production was handled in-house by yours truly on REBA (she's been resurrected). The sync was a PITA and had to be done in near real-time with a scrub wheel to really nail it as close as possible. There was one spot of real weird A/V shit where it just wouldn't line up so the cam audio was left alone to deal with the weirdness and then it fades back into the "real" audio. All in all about 2 weeks worth of work (roughly 210 hours of work per logs).......it was SOOOOOO worth it.

:phish:
Who's the Marmar? I'm the Marmar!!!

Phish doesn't write beautiful music...the beautiful music happens after the written parts.

<gainesvillegreen> now, if they could get their sound to be as good as the lights, we'd have a band hee-yah!!

Music is what feelings sound like.

anthrax

Quote from: susep on September 18, 2013, 02:24:07 PM

cool, thanks man.

yeah, i was thinking the same thing.  not a user on dime, but i am on TTD.  if you see it up on TTD, please post here to let me know.

thanks!

Superfreakie

Quote from: anthrax on September 19, 2013, 06:54:25 PM
Quote from: susep on September 18, 2013, 02:24:07 PM

cool, thanks man.

yeah, i was thinking the same thing.  not a user on dime, but i am on TTD.  if you see it up on TTD, please post here to let me know.

thanks!

When I get home from work tonight I will up it to  TTD if Mar hasn't already.

Superfreakie

khalpin

Been watching this for most of the night.  You guys did a great job.  It really is a joy to watch.  Such a great period.  I though at one point, that the audio was out of sync, but it turned out to be Fishman fucking up.   :hereitisyousentimentalbastard 

Anyway, thanks a ton for all the work.  I'm enjoying the hell out of this!

PIE-GUY

Anyone wanna up this thing to YouTube for the masses?
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul