News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

07/05 - SPAC - Saratoga Springs, NY - Post-Show Discussion and Review

Started by mbw, July 05, 2013, 11:47:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mbw

Phish has raised the bar again. On only the second night of Summer Tour, the band threw down a mind-boggling second labyrinth that blew anything they've played in this era straight out of the water. In fact, with a more macroscopic lens, the second set of SPAC was one of the finest musical statements that Phish has ever performed. Period.

mehead

His eyes were clean and pure but his mind was so deranged

sophist

I will take 3 hits of whatever is in Mr. Miner's stash, please
Can we talk about the Dead?  I'd love to talk about the fucking Grateful Dead, for once, can we please discuss the Grateful FUCKING Dead!?!?!?!

mehead

His eyes were clean and pure but his mind was so deranged

GBL

Quote from: sophist on July 06, 2013, 02:44:15 PM
I will take 3 hits of whatever is in Mr. Miner's stash, please

Fuck that, take 3 of what I took last night

:wtu:
If this is love, I'm never going home..

sunrisevt

Quote from: sophist on July 06, 2013, 11:53:33 AM
Quote from: sunrisevt on July 06, 2013, 11:50:32 AM
Quote from: sophist on July 06, 2013, 11:33:54 AM
Energy sounded good. I liked the segue into Light.  I would've loved to see Energy taken out for a ride for its FTP. 

Roger that. The song itself didn't do much for me but the jam had potential.
If it counts for anything, that Light actually did more than I was expecting.  The mid section with the syncopation of off beats was actually pretty cool.  Kinda sloppy segue into Mango. 

Of the choice cuts from this show, they sound better than Bangor.  I'm interested to see what drops tonight.

Yeah, and fwiw, during the show I thought that the jam in Light picked up nicely where Energy left off. Looking forward to the relisten.
Quote from: Eleanor MarsailI love you, daddy. Actually, I love all the people. Even the ones who I don't know their name.

blatboom

Quote from: mbw on July 06, 2013, 02:33:54 PM
Phish has raised the bar again. On only the second night of Summer Tour, the band threw down a mind-boggling second labyrinth that blew anything they've played in this era straight out of the water. In fact, with a more macroscopic lens, the second set of SPAC was one of the finest musical statements that Phish has ever performed. Period.

fuck.

WhatstheUse?

Damn...guess I'm in the minority. I thought last night was meh city.

New Mike song was awkward as hell, IMO and Energy was a cringe worthy cover and the half assed jam attempt was silly.

I did enjoy the Bowie and slave a lot. Light was pretty good too...excited for tonight !
Bring in the dude!

danje

Quote from: WhatstheUse? on July 06, 2013, 04:05:00 PM

New Mike song was awkward as hell, IMO and Energy was a cringe worthy cover and the half assed jam attempt was silly.

I did enjoy the Bowie and slave a lot. Light was pretty good too...excited for tonight !

Agree with this. Energy actually made me laugh out loud at how awful it was.

VA $l!m

Quote from: blatboom on July 06, 2013, 03:36:03 PM
Quote from: mbw on July 06, 2013, 02:33:54 PM

fuck.

--"Phish is BAAACKKK!!!!"  lol :wink:
-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

sunrisevt

Quote from: Eleanor MarsailI love you, daddy. Actually, I love all the people. Even the ones who I don't know their name.

VA $l!m

actually theres alot of 'non comments' in this thread  and i barely see more than a sentence or two of praise re reading the 1st 3 pages.
so... yeah, maybe you are just seeing the effort  of a few posters to stay positive on day 2, but  i dont see much 'i love this show' persay, lol.

i think my posts are probably the most glowing, but in reality i only listened to  3 1/2 songs which 75% of i hated b/c of the whale. 
the other 25% of those 3 songs were pretty nice tho i thought. :hereitisyousentimentalbastard
GLASS HALF FULL DAAAMITT!!!!!! :wtu: :tte:

-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

DoW

it's funny because I thought Bowie was rushed and slave was painful.
To each their own.
Music is meant to be heard
***Support Bands That Allow Taping/Trading***

http://archive.org/search.php?query=taper%3A%22Brian%20V.%22&sort=-publicdate

mbw

Augustus

Wonder if they're gonna do anything big next year for the 5th anniversary of them playing the exact same show.