News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

10/18 - Hampton Coliseum - Hampton, VA - Post-Show Discussion and Review

Started by DoW, October 19, 2013, 12:15:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marmar

Who's the Marmar? I'm the Marmar!!!

Phish doesn't write beautiful music...the beautiful music happens after the written parts.

<gainesvillegreen> now, if they could get their sound to be as good as the lights, we'd have a band hee-yah!!

Music is what feelings sound like.

DoW

yeah, guess that makes sense.
lots of effort for a troll thread, but whatever works I guess.
Music is meant to be heard
***Support Bands That Allow Taping/Trading***

http://archive.org/search.php?query=taper%3A%22Brian%20V.%22&sort=-publicdate

mbw

Quote from: mattstick on October 20, 2013, 10:52:36 AM

I think/hope it's satire.  Like the ying to Mr. Miner's yang.

that was my thought upon reading it.

its yin btw.  sorry, that always bugs me.

mattstick

rowjimmy

Augustus

sls.stormyrider

only read a part of the review on phishnet, didn't see or hear the show -
so - did Trey really glare / point out Fish for blowing the ending of Stash? after all his fuck-ups??
"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

mbw

Quote from: slslbs on October 20, 2013, 01:27:20 PM
so - did Trey really glare / point out Fish for blowing the ending of Stash? after all his fuck-ups??

Yup.  Asked Page to confirm it.  Then they redid the end.  It was kind of funny.  But not really.

VA $l!m

"I was showered with the particles of grilled cheese and goo balls from the mouths of sighing wooks"
:hereitisyousentimentalbastard :hereitisyousentimentalbastard :hereitisyousentimentalbastard :hereitisyousentimentalbastard
-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

natronzero

Quote from: mbw on October 20, 2013, 01:37:47 PM

Yup.  Asked Page to confirm it.  Then they redid the end.  It was kind of funny.  But not really.

I think they were pretty clearly just having fun with it. Trey's the one who blew the ending.
He went into the song's last riff one "maybe so, maybe not" too early and the rest of the band weren't ready for it.
Although I think he was startled by Mike coming in with the "maybe so, maybe not"s a little too early.
Page teased him about it, and they decided to blame it on Fish because that's what they do.
I'd rather dwell in some dark holler where the sun refuses to shine, where the wild birds of heaven can't hear me when I whine.

mehead

His eyes were clean and pure but his mind was so deranged

DoW

they don't screw up Possum.  they should play that song more often.
Music is meant to be heard
***Support Bands That Allow Taping/Trading***

http://archive.org/search.php?query=taper%3A%22Brian%20V.%22&sort=-publicdate

mehead

Quote from: DoW on October 20, 2013, 03:10:07 PM
they don't screw up Possum.  they should play that song more often.

I don't know.  They don't play it tonight, Trey might forget. 
His eyes were clean and pure but his mind was so deranged

VA $l!m

Quote from: natronzero on October 20, 2013, 03:03:20 PM
Quote from: mbw on October 20, 2013, 01:37:47 PM

I think they were pretty clearly just having fun with it. Trey's the one who blew the ending.
He went into the song's last riff one "maybe so, maybe not" too early and the rest of the band weren't ready for it.
Although I think he was startled by Mike coming in with the "maybe so, maybe not"s a little too early.
Page teased him about it, and they decided to blame it on Fish because that's what they do.

it was all pretty clear on the webcast.
for the most part seemed harmless, though i dont think the rest of the band really wanted trey to blab on about it.
par for the course i guess.
seemed somewhat cliche to me... reminded me of the poor heart nans from 95.
-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-