News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Arrested Development is BACK!!!!

Started by G. Augusto, October 02, 2011, 06:58:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mattstick

Yeah, I'm through 7 episodes.

The way they've handled the actors not being in the same location on the same days is comedy in itself.

Really want to talk about specifics but I'd hate to spoil anything.

aphineday

Quote from: mattstick on May 27, 2013, 11:17:46 AM

Yeah, I'm through 7 episodes.

The way they've handled the actors not being in the same location on the same days is comedy in itself.

Really want to talk about specifics but I'd hate to spoil anything.
Agreed. I'm a little disappointed by the lack of them all being together, but it's still great.
The scenes when they are all together are money, and some of the episodes are better than others.
I also really want to start throwing quotes, but won't drop spoilers.

Though I might just add:

"That's a Bob Loblaw low-blow"
If we could see these many waves that flow through clouds and sunken caves...

mistercharlie

Only got to watch the first two episodes last night but I dig it.

Maybe didn't age well. I thought she was cute in the old episodes, but not in the new ones.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

PIE-GUY

Quote from: mistercharlie on May 27, 2013, 02:56:51 PM
Only got to watch the first two episodes last night but I dig it.

Maybe didn't age well. I thought she was cute in the old episodes, but not in the new ones.

Freckles are cute on kids.
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

sophist

I've finished 7 of the 15 episodes yesterday.  It def is up and down.  I will say this, I think by the tail end of the season, they'll all be together, and comedy gold is in store in my opinion. 

Can we talk about the Dead?  I'd love to talk about the fucking Grateful Dead, for once, can we please discuss the Grateful FUCKING Dead!?!?!?!

mistercharlie

Quote from: sophist on May 28, 2013, 09:58:38 AM
I've finished 7 of the 15 episodes yesterday.  It def is up and down.  I will say this, I think by the tail end of the season, they'll all be together, and comedy gold is in store in my opinion. 

That's the same point we're at, 7 episodes in, and I agree I think all the little stuff is going to make for a huge payoff later. I already find myself wanting to rewatch some of the episodes to catch all of the 'future payoff' jokes that have already started popping up.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

sophist

I love that they are intertwining old references with the new references.  The sound of silence references and the snoopy references so far have been fucking fantastic.  I def will be rewatching this season again to put everything together.  Last week, I rewatched seasons 1-3 and I found myself catching references I hadn't ever seen or heard before.  It really is so well put together. 
Can we talk about the Dead?  I'd love to talk about the fucking Grateful Dead, for once, can we please discuss the Grateful FUCKING Dead!?!?!?!

justjezmund

ive really done no reading up on this new season and what they are doing, since i don't have netflix.  i take it they just dopped the whole season at once.
Quote from: Augustus on September 29, 2013, 09:26:46 AM
It's like BJ Galore over here!

Quote from: rowjimmy on May 13, 2013, 09:36:00 AM
I use records for that and don't have to justify it to my friends.

mistercharlie

Quote from: JustJezmund on May 28, 2013, 01:24:15 PM
ive really done no reading up on this new season and what they are doing, since i don't have netflix.  i take it they just dopped the whole season at once.

Yep, the whole season at once.

You should get the free month trial to Netflix just to watch the new season. You can cancel Netflix afterwards and not have to pay for a subscription.

sophist

I'm just going to throw out another spoiler, I can't stop laughing at the fact they put a MST3000 reference in there.  So awesome IMO. 

mistercharlie

Finished up season 4 last night, and just got done rewatching the first two episodes.
Great season, it definitely leaves a lot to be told in either another season or a movie. And that's fine by me, as long as there is another season or a movie.

mattstick

Watched 12 and 13 last night, really hitting their stride with all the series-long jokes starting to hit punch lines.

sophist

I'm planning to rewatch season 4 this week.  I finished it last week.  I really liked it.  The Gob episodes were the best ones in my opinion. 

PIE-GUY

Quote from: sophist on June 03, 2013, 02:19:46 PM
I'm planning to rewatch season 4 this week.  I finished it last week.  I really liked it.  The Gob episodes were the best ones in my opinion.

that's funny - I'm only through 9 or 10 episodes so far, but I think the Tobias eps are the best.
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

mbw

Quote from: PG on June 03, 2013, 02:24:52 PM
Quote from: sophist on June 03, 2013, 02:19:46 PM

that's funny - I'm only through 9 or 10 episodes so far, but I think the Tobias eps are the best.

Debris, The Thing, Anustart, ftw.