News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Phish Radio on Sirius/XM

Started by PIE-GUY, June 13, 2019, 09:34:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PIE-GUY

This time it looks like it's permanent... and I just cancelled my account like 2 months ago! Fuck it. JEMP Radio rocks!

https://www.jambase.com/article/phish-radio-siriusxm-channel-29

I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

rowjimmy

btw, Phish Radio is coming back and will be permanent.

PIE-GUY

Quote from: rowjimmy on June 13, 2019, 09:37:19 AM
btw, Phish Radio is coming back and will be permanent.

Bwahahahah!!! That's awesome!

shoreline99

Gotta compete with JEMP Radio.
Quote from: rowjimmy on August 25, 2015, 11:19:15 AM
You're entitled to your opinion but I'm going to laugh at it.

PIE-GUY

Quote from: shoreline99 on June 13, 2019, 09:59:26 AM
Gotta compete with JEMP Radio.

I may sign up for a 6-month trial for my car again. I spend a lot of freaking time in the car these days!

khalpin

What's the content like as far as the 1.0/2.0/3.0 goes?  Same question applies to JEMP radio.

PIE-GUY

Quote from: khalpin on June 13, 2019, 10:57:54 AM
What's the content like as far as the 1.0/2.0/3.0 goes?  Same question applies to JEMP radio.

Jemp does play a ton of 3.0, but they mix it up and actually have a ton of creative programing each day. I've been enjoying it for sure... but playing it in the car is not always seamless. It drops out a bunch. It's less than ideal. SXM is flawless in the car.

At any rate - they'll give me 6 months for $30 to reactivate. That's about how much I'm willing to invest until I see what the programming is really like on SXM's new Phish channel.

shoreline99

Quote from: PIE-GUY on June 13, 2019, 11:11:34 AM
Quote from: khalpin on June 13, 2019, 10:57:54 AM

Jemp does play a ton of 3.0, but they mix it up and actually have a ton of creative programing each day. I've been enjoying it for sure... but playing it in the car is not always seamless. It drops out a bunch. It's less than ideal. SXM is flawless in the car.

At any rate - they'll give me 6 months for $30 to reactivate. That's about how much I'm willing to invest until I see what the programming is really like on SXM's new Phish channel.

I have both, honestly I like the mix they have on JEMP as well as the programming. It'll be interesting to see what they do with Phish Radio - assuming it will be something like the other specialized channels (live shows, minimal other programming).
Quote from: rowjimmy on August 25, 2015, 11:19:15 AM
You're entitled to your opinion but I'm going to laugh at it.

Caravan2001

I'm pumped!!  The last time the rotation was a little repetitive (LOTS of Bakers D) but I'm stoked to see what they do.  Doubt it will break me away from the GD channel too much and it certainly won't curb my 4 hours of Stern a day, but it will be nice to have when Dead channel slots in Dead and Co (which they do often during the times they are on tour).

Hicks

If you aren't already signed up, you can get three months of online streaming for $1, worth it just to stream tonight's show. 

https://care.siriusxm.com/sirpromoplanselection_view.action?programCode=ESSPS3MO99
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

emay

Quote from: Hicks on June 14, 2019, 02:29:19 PM
If you aren't already signed up, you can get three months of online streaming for $1, worth it just to stream tonight's show. 

https://care.siriusxm.com/sirpromoplanselection_view.action?programCode=ESSPS3MO99

cancel whenever?

rowjimmy

Quote from: emay on June 14, 2019, 03:34:01 PM
Quote from: Hicks on June 14, 2019, 02:29:19 PM

cancel whenever?

Sure but they'll definitely put you on hold forever and try to talk you out of it first.

anthrax

signed up for this 3 month trial, and i've been enjoying phish radio and the heavy metal channels ever since!  last night, they ran a special on the 25th anniversary of a live one coming out.  the commentary is linked below.  some repetition and nothing really earth shattering, except i didn't know page's coil outro was taken from a separate show than the rest of the song!

from r/phish

mopper_smurf

Quote from: anthrax on June 28, 2019, 09:20:17 AM
signed up for this 3 month trial, and i've been enjoying phish radio and the heavy metal channels ever since!  last night, they ran a special on the 25th anniversary of a live one coming out.  the commentary is linked below.  some repetition and nothing really earth shattering, except i didn't know page's coil outro was taken from a separate show than the rest of the song!

from r/phish

Dude! Seriously?
Here Comes The Flood - a weblog about music
Twitter | FB | Instagram

As a roadie for the Jimi Hendrix Experience, I learned that I should give up being a guitar player. - Lemmy

tet

Quote from: mopper_smurf on June 28, 2019, 11:23:11 AM
Quote from: anthrax on June 28, 2019, 09:20:17 AM

from r/phish

Dude! Seriously?
IT IS ALL A LIE
"We want you to be happy"
-Phish