News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Mac Tablet!!! ~ iPad Thread

Started by rowjimmy, July 28, 2009, 12:41:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gainesvillegreen

Quote from: rowjimmy on April 17, 2014, 09:35:31 PM
First post from my new iPad Air.

Congrats, hope you got a good deal.
Dysfunction and itemized lists of people's failures are where it's at.

rowjimmy

Quote from: gainesvillegreen on April 17, 2014, 10:32:49 PM

Firm sent me to training last week.

Free iPad Air 16gb wifi came with it.

I'd say that's a good deal.

sls.stormyrider

should have held out for the 32 GB

:wink:
"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

rowjimmy

Quote from: slslbs on April 17, 2014, 11:23:04 PM

Something something gift horse something

antelope19

Quote from: rowjimmy on April 18, 2014, 07:14:10 AM

Can you tell a big difference from your older model in terms of speed and weight?  I always figured I'd upgrade at some point. 
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

rowjimmy

Quote from: antelope19 on April 18, 2014, 08:20:04 AM

Can you tell a big difference from your older model in terms of speed and weight?  I always figured I'd upgrade at some point.

This is my first ipad and it's way faster and lighter then my last.

Wait.

But seriously, I've never owned one, only used other folks' from time to time so, while part of me thinks that it knows the thing is lighter, rational brain knows that I can't really tell the difference without a head-to-head check.

antelope19

Quote from: rowjimmy on April 18, 2014, 08:29:28 AM

This is my first ipad and it's way faster and lighter then my last.

Wait.

But seriously, I've never owned one, only used other folks' from time to time so, while part of me thinks that it knows the thing is lighter, rational brain knows that I can't really tell the difference without a head-to-head check.

Got ya.  For some reason I thought you've had one all along.  Anyway, hope you enjoy. 

mattstick

I'd wait.  I have an ipad2 and an iPad Air from work (32gb).  It's nice that it's lighter and the display is better but they haven't improved the device substantially.

gainesvillegreen

Quote from: rowjimmy on April 17, 2014, 11:14:09 PM
Quote from: gainesvillegreen on April 17, 2014, 10:32:49 PM

Firm sent me to training last week.

Free iPad Air 16gb wifi came with it.

I'd say that's a good deal.

Ha, yeah, well, I'd say that qualifies.

Antelope, I am with Matt, I am holding out as well. I've messed around with some Air's which my fellow nurses have brought to work, and I am not all that blown away. They are lighter, but my "New" iPad Retina's weight has never really bogged me down.

I have a feeling I'll be buying mini 2's with retina for my daughters before I get a new one of my own.
Dysfunction and itemized lists of people's failures are where it's at.

PIE-GUY

I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

VDB

Anyone out there still using an iPad 2? If so, what version of iOS do you have on it? I've been hesitant to upgrade past 7.x for a couple years now, on account of not wanting to cripple the thing, but I'm now finding that a lot of the apps I want to use these days require 8 or even 9. Reports out there indicate poor performance by those versions on this model. I'd be interested to hear of any first-hand experiences.
Is this still Wombat?

tet

Quote from: VDB on August 08, 2016, 01:27:32 AM
Anyone out there still using an iPad 2? If so, what version of iOS do you have on it? I've been hesitant to upgrade past 7.x for a couple years now, on account of not wanting to cripple the thing, but I'm now finding that a lot of the apps I want to use these days require 8 or even 9. Reports out there indicate poor performance by those versions on this model. I'd be interested to hear of any first-hand experiences.

Running the latest 9 on mine, which is really just my daughter's iPad at this point - it works fine for Youtube and her toddler games/apps, really no problem with almost anything I throw at it.  If I were using it as my daily, I'm sure I'd have a problem with it being laggy, but I don't really notice much, though in fairness, I have nearly all notifications and other features turned OFF!
"We want you to be happy"
-Phish

antelope19

Same here. Running 9 and I use it the thing everyday. It is slower than it used to be, but nothing crazy.

VDB

Is this still Wombat?

ph92

Same as the iPhone thread, I work on these all the time. If yall need repairs, advice or anything else. I can help troubleshoot and hook you up if you need repairs. Just PM me if you need!
Make America Melt Again!

Quote from: runawayjimbo on July 25, 2017, 11:10:15 PM
FUCK YEAH TREY. FUCK YEAH