News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

06/08 - Darien Lake PAC - Darien, NY - Post-Show Discussion and Review

Started by Caravan2001, June 08, 2011, 11:19:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhatstheUse?

Quote from: McGrupp on June 23, 2011, 03:41:43 PM
Quote from: WhatstheUse? on June 23, 2011, 01:53:48 PM
If I was 45 years old, with a family and had spent more than half of my life completely DEVOTED to music/Phish --- I think that I may want to re-prioritize things in my life as well.

They have all put everything they had into this band.  For 15-20 years straight it was their sole life focus -- and it showed.

It makes complete sense that Phish is no longer their main focus.  They've already done that. They now all have families and babies to take care of, wives to pay attention to, other hobbies to explore.

I would never expect them to put in the practice they did in the 90's -- they are humans too, they need time for other things just like all of us do.  But of course, from time to time, they will all want to play music together -- because they enjoy it and know that they all have a special connection together.

I realize what I just said is the prime example of "lowering the bar" but that's the way it is.  Some Phish is better than no Phish for me.  I'm just happy to see them happy.

But the jaaaaammmssss duuuuuuuude!!!

:wtu:

uhhhh... yeah.... that part sucks.
Bring in the dude!

G. Augusto

Quote from: WhatstheUse? on June 23, 2011, 04:05:51 PM
If I was 45 years old, with a family and had spent more than half of my life completely DEVOTED to music/Phish --- I think that I may want to re-prioritize things in my life as well.

They have all put everything they had into this band.  For 15-20 years straight it was their sole life focus -- and it showed.

It makes complete sense that Phish is no longer their main focus.  They've already done that. They now all have families and babies to take care of, wives to pay attention to, other hobbies to explore.

I would never expect them to put in the practice they did in the 90's -- they are humans too, they need time for other things just like all of us do.  But of course, from time to time, they will all want to play music together -- because they enjoy it and know that they all have a special connection together.

I realize what I just said is the prime example of "lowering the bar" but that's the way it is.  Some Phish is better than no Phish for me.  I'm just happy to see them happy.

But Mike likes the jams.
Now we have to like them.

WhatstheUse?

Quote from: G. Augusto on June 23, 2011, 04:13:46 PM
Quote from: WhatstheUse? on June 23, 2011, 04:05:51 PM

But Mike likes the jams.
Now we have to like them.

Does this mean Mike likes shitty music?! Boring, unexplorative jams are his thing? A Choo-Choo train lover?!?! IT"S ALL MAKING SENSE NOW!  :crazy:
Bring in the dude!

qop24

Quote from: Gumbo72203 on June 14, 2011, 11:26:55 PM
Trey actually is totally inspired with ideas up the ass

Quote from: kellerb on July 06, 2011, 07:16:17 PM
When you're on droogz you don't remember which eye's supposed to be lazy

gah

^^ That horse is beyond being beaten, it's already been to the glue factory, sniffed up lil ralphie's nose, and some dumb bitch felt sorry for him and gave his this card.

Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.

roggae

Clearly it's all awful.

kellerb

rowjimmy