News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Remembering Shawn...

Started by tet, May 18, 2012, 11:46:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PIE-GUY

Quote from: gah on October 24, 2013, 02:03:13 PM
On multiple occasions this past weekend, I thought of Shawn and wished he were still around to capture those moments when everything linked up perfect, the music, lights, crowd, energy, etc.  I took a moment to simply be thankful for my life. I was thankful to be at a show at all, and when the band screwed up, I laughed it off with them. When they didn't deliver on the songs I wanted them to, but then surprised me at other times, I took it for what it was.

Regardless of what you think of the shows so far this tour, or the state of Phish in general, if you take a moment at every show when the lights are just right and take a mental picture (because thats the only one you're going to get), I think you'll find your appreciation for the moment to be greatly heightened.

Here. Here.
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

Buffalo Budd

So true GAH,, gotta love it.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

Hicks

On multiple occasions this past weekend, I thought of Shawn and wished he were still around to capture those moments when everything linked up perfect, the music, lights, crowd, energy, etc.  I took a moment to simply be thankful for my life. I was thankful to be at a show at all, and when the band screwed up, I laughed it off with them. When they didn't deliver on the songs I wanted them to, but then surprised me at other times, I took it for what it was.

Regardless of what you think of the shows so far this tour, or the state of Phish in general, if you take a moment at every show when the lights are just right and take a mental picture (because thats the only one you're going to get), I think you'll find your appreciation for the moment to be greatly heightened.

I can dig that, we are all very lucky.
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

birdman

Well said, GAH.
I'll be sure to take a moment this weekend.
Paug FTMFW!

antelope19

Well put.

I def. did this during Rift, when Page was going nuts on the first night.  It was just surreal being back at Hampton, watching my favorite band.  I've been seeing that band play that room for 15 years now.  What a treat!   
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

emay

mehead

His eyes were clean and pure but his mind was so deranged

VDB

Is this still Wombat?

rowjimmy

It's weird asking randoms on the twitters for pictures for my blog.
Shawn had an amazing eye.

emay

was lookin through his flickr page, he has some truly triumphant glimpses of  :phish:

love this shot

lynzejo_24

Wow all of this is so great to hear...I suffer everyday thinking about my brother and to read all the positive comments make me feel so warm inside I am glad you guys shared all your memories with me it really means a lot

Xoxo much love
Lyndsey (his sister)

PIE-GUY

Your brother left a lasting positive impact on all of us. There is no doubt.
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

rowjimmy

We miss him very much around here.
Shawn was a great guy and quite inspiring to me.

Buffalo Budd

Quote from: rowjimmy on February 17, 2014, 08:20:52 AM
We miss him very much around here.Shawn was a great guy and quite inspiring to me.

Total understatement, he brought alot to this little community.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

emay

Quote from: Buffalo Budd on February 17, 2014, 11:32:25 AM
Quote from: rowjimmy on February 17, 2014, 08:20:52 AM
We miss him very much around here.Shawn was a great guy and quite inspiring to me.

Total understatement, he brought alot to this little community.